ADVERTISEMENT

Bird 36, Monacan 6 (Monacan held to -18 yards)

This is not the Monacan of last year. But losing to Bird to this extent is not how bad Monacan is, but more evidence of how strong Bird is.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
This is not the Monacan of last year. But losing to Bird to this extent is not how bad Monacan is, but more evidence of how strong Bird is.
Well, Bird beat them worse last year (42-7). Plus the Skyhawks themselves were held to 278 yards which is about as low of a total as I ever hear Bird gaining. Monacan's QB is still out and the field sounded awful sloppy. I still think the Chiefs are real good 4A football team. They're offense is sputtering, but I think their defense is sound. They will head into the playoffs 9-1 or 8-2.

I agree not the Monacan team of last year, still good but not as good as last. The are hurting with their QB missing. Bird 278 yards of offense on a sloppy field, I take that. It would probably double if it was a dry normal Friday night and score may have been worse. Smooth sailing now from here to playoffs for Bird.

Yeah, Bird's remaining opponents are something like 5-24 combined (maybe a little better). I don't see anyone staying any closer than 4 scores. I wouldn't want my team quite that untested coming into the playoffs. I still feel like Bird has to clean up some stuff on offense if they want to repeat. You could be potentially running a playoff run of Henrico, Hermitage, Highland Springs, Indian River and Tuscarora (or something similar to that). Somebody's going to get you if you're not sharp every week.

yeah Bird will no doubt go undefeated from here on out. Bet the Farm on that one. No way they lose to any remaining opponents. Monacan did not have a chance last night bc they are a passing team minus their (very good starting QB) on a slop field that really helps Bird who excels at power football and is a much bigger team. Monacan basically gave away 3 of the touchdowns last night with over 6 turnovers with 3 of them behind their own 20 yard line. 1 fumble in their own endzone, another one on the 3 yrd line!! I am talking straight dropping the ball with no contact at all. I think with their starting QB on a dry field it would be more interesting... but they cannot beat Bird under any circumstance. Ultimately Bird is just a cut above every team in south Richmond regardless of conference.

D5 in the richmond area and statewide for that matter is talented. Should be a good playoff this year in D5. Bird won't be challenged again until the 2nd round. I really like Henrico as my sleeper. Bird is champ until someone takes the belt from them.

At this point based on the 4A teams in the Richmond area I would have to rate them
Dinwiddie
Hanover
Monacan

How those 3 finish the season will dictate how far they go in the playoffs.

Half the 4A teams in 804 will make it to the playoffs with losing records which is a shame.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I think it's possible that even the 8 seed in the Richmond area of the 5A playoffs could conceivably one the big four teams. I really think even a first round stud team COULD be in the cards even if you get a 1 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT