ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS Championship: Hayfield 52 Patriot 41 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Shocker, back-and-forth game early between Patriot and Hayfield. Donovan Bass-Briscoe drains a floater at the 1Q buzzer, Hawks lead 12-10. This may be a substantially lower scoring game than the teams' first meeting

Defense, defense, defense. Toward the end of first half Nasir Coleman went the length of the court to blow up a Hawks breakaway. 24-20 Hayfield at half. Hayfield shooting 31% from the field, Patriot 28%.

Fq5x8aBWwAADV6o

Hayfield still in control, but Patriot hanging around. Hawks lead Pioneers 36-28 after three quarters.

After three Hawks led by David King with 12 points and eight boards, Greg Jones with eight. Nasir Coleman with nine points for Patriot.

(NovaHoops.com tweets)

Are there any posters on here that have seen either of these teams play this season?

I don't if it's me or what, but Class 6 competition doesn't seem quite as good as some of the other classifications I've watched this year.

Perhaps both teams are just having an off night.....

I've seen both teams play multiple times against strong opponents and both are very good. Offenses are more sluggish tonight than in the regular-season meeting but that happens sometimes at VCU.

Reactions: pizzzzza
I've seen both teams play multiple times against strong opponents and both are very good. Offenses are more sluggish tonight than in the regular-season meeting but that happens sometimes at VCU.
Thanks for the insight.

I realize that both teams must be pretty good to get this far - just no one ever posts on this particular board, so it's to know the quality/style of play of these teams.

Patriot just seems to fly up the court - out of control - at times and either puts up a bad shot or turns it over.

Hayfield more disciplined, and obviously has been here before...and it shows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT