ADVERTISEMENT

Boys pioneer district championship Covington 55 PM 53

Jun 21, 2011
Great game. Covington lead the whole game. PM tied it up with about 5 seconds left. On the inbound KJ Moore drove in and missed, ball goes out with .4 on the clock. PM set up for a full court pass and they called an offensive foul 60 feet away (which was a horrible call in that situation) 1 and 1 for Crawford who misses and the rebound was tipped in by Kiante Barber for the win. Hopefully we get another shot at them for the region.

Shame a game comes down to a call like that. If its an obvious foul that's one thing but anything in question it should be to let it play out.

It happened as soon as they handed the ball to the inbounder and our kid at the opposite end stepped in front of the Covington player to screen him to receive the pass and the kid flopped.

If you are going to gripe at least give a good argument ... like .. They SHOULDNT have shot 1and1 because it is against the rules!

Reactions: OnceAKnight
Also, if I really wanted to gripe I could complain about Covingtons coach going out to the half court circle to scream at the opposite side official about the charge they called on KJ at the end of the game. That should have been a technical foul.

You are correct. I thought the ball had to be inbounded and possession established before it was called a team control foul. Sad that 3 veteran officials blew it. I know it happens. Just sad it had to happen in a game like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT