ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS REGION A FINAL: John Marshall 97 Brunswick 71

a-chance.jpeg

I think draft has no chance to win this game but they will run and shoot and if they make their threes they may play within 30 if not it’s hard to tell what score will be. Draft will full court press the whole game they either get a steal or give up a lay up. It will take JM half of 1st quarter to figure out the pace of game then it will be over. That being said I don’t think any one will play close to them.

1 question. Do they have a running clock in the playoffs once the margin gets to 30 points? If so how in the world do you score 123 against anybody?

I think draft has no chance to win this game but they will run and shoot and if they make their threes they may play within 30 if not it’s hard to tell what score will be. Draft will full court press the whole game they either get a steal or give up a lay up. It will take JM half of 1st quarter to figure out the pace of game then it will be over. That being said I don’t think any one will play close to them.
"Draft will full court press the whole game they either get a steal or give up a lay up"

No my friend those will not be layups... they will be dunks anywhere from a 6"5 freshman to a 4 star 6'10 junior lol

They shoot a ton of threes...I believe everyone on the roster has the green light from beyond the arc...defense is an afterthought but they do press full court all game...run and gun from opening tip to final buzzer...,sub 5 at a time about every dead ball. Most teams struggle with the frenetic pace of play... especially late in the game. They score a lot and give up a lot. Teams have lots of fast break opportunities...They play everybody on the roster a lot. Kinda fun to watch...unless you’re a Tony Bennett disciple!
Sounds like you gave them a chance to win here? Lol jk

I have nothing personally against JM (although I hear rumblings of recruiting and stuff and that's not cool if that does happen but that could very well just be sour grapes), but if they do get beat somehow, Ill enjoy the hell out of it just because of how they're talked about on here. It's extremely unlikely but not impossible. I'm sure they're good kids, but some act like there's no possible way any team in 2A could ever even hang close to them.

I have nothing personally against JM (although I hear rumblings of recruiting and stuff and that's not cool if that does happen but that could very well just be sour grapes), but if they do get beat somehow, Ill enjoy the hell out of it just because of how they're talked about on here. It's extremely unlikely but not impossible. I'm sure they're good kids, but some act like there's no possible way any team in 2A could ever even hang close to them.
Come out Friday and cheer on SD. They get talked about like that because there pound for pound the best public school this year and arguably next season too

Come out Friday and cheer on SD. They get talked about like that because there pound for pound the best public school this year and arguably next season too

I'm not a SD fan, it's not about any other school per se just the way people talk about them.

I'm not a SD fan, it's not about any other school per se just the way people talk about them.
I'll say this about JM and recruiting...

If there's a program that has shoe sponsorships, national scheduled games and an opportunity to play for championships and that family decides to move into the required zone then so be it. It's no different than a family that moves out the city for the "better" schools in the burbs.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
See everyone at the Ashe center Friday at 8pm rva gym will be pack parking is good there also don’t be surprise if it sells out but I really want to see sd play anyone know the kids size height for sd etc.

If there's a program that has shoe sponsorships, national scheduled games and an opportunity to play for championships and that family decides to move into the required zone then so be it. It's no different than a family that moves out the city for the "better" schools in the burbs.
for football
or in one case an adjacent small town
isn't funny how the better school just happen to have a tremendous football team.

See everyone at the Ashe center Friday at 8pm rva gym will be pack parking is good there also don’t be surprise if it sells out but I really want to see sd play anyone know the kids size height for sd etc.
I've saw on Twitter that the game is at Huguenot. Is that true?

I don't disagree if it's a very short radius, a kid choosing one school that's 15-20 mins away compared to the school five minutes away, but I'm not a fan of public high schools that recruit kids from far distances and skirt the rules to get and keep them eligible and meeting the state rules. Again I'm not accusing JM of any of this, I'm speaking generally. Also not a fan of one year transfers. The transfer thing happens a lot in the Bluefield area, kids going from Tazwell or Graham to Bluefield or vice versa. If everything is done above board, cool. But I don't think any school should be actively recruiting kids to come from out of state or from opposite ends of a state and then set up sham addresses and stuff. I don't know much at all about JM, if that's happening then it's shitty and a big competitive advantage, but I have no idea. People grumble but most of the time it's just sour grapes.

Reactions: pizzzzza
the Ashe Center was already booked for a Regional Robotics Competition hosted by TJ so the basketball games are now moved to Huguenot High School in South Richmond.

"Draft will full court press the whole game they either get a steal or give up a lay up"

No my friend those will not be layups... they will be dunks anywhere from a 6"5 freshman to a 4 star 6'10 junior lol
If that’s the case you should some good ones

I was under the impression that Paul VI and Oak Hill were the top privates in Virginia.
Paul vi is the best private school in va by far they play a national schedule and a dmv schedule and they won the Va Division 1 prep league championship a feed ya ago

ADVERTISEMENT