ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS REGION A FINAL: John Marshall 97 Brunswick 71

Feb 9, 2008
A 4 point game after three turned into a JM rout. Foul trouble, fatigue a little bit of home cooking caught up to the Dawgs. Seriously that JM team is super talented

A 4 point game after three turned into a JM rout. Foul trouble, fatigue a little bit of home cooking caught up to the Dawgs. Seriously that JM team is super talented
since your name is Dawg I will attribute the home cooking comment to your passion for your team. the truth is if they were NOT calling this game close it would have been out of control early. In the 4th quarter The Bulldogs had to press and foul to get as close as they did.
Respect to all the folks who came up after working all day.

I would say it’s a little disingenuous to suggest the only reason Brunswick was in the game was because of the refs calling it close. Cutting a 10 point halftime deficit to 4 after 3 quarters is not a team just trying to hang around. Check the history books Brunswick is a very proud program one of the best in 2A. Having said that I again compliment this JM team as super talented and very deserving

I would say it’s a little disingenuous to suggest the only reason Brunswick was in the game was because of the refs calling it close. Cutting a 10 point halftime deficit to 4 after 3 quarters is not a team just trying to hang around. Check the history books Brunswick is a very proud program one of the best in 2A. Having said that I again compliment this JM team as super talented and very deserving
Brunswick hung in there against the full court press and had players who came to compete. JM looked sloppy/flat but found the rhythm late. With that said, they still scored 90+....

I will set the over/under on a Stuarts Draft/John Marshall game at 204

"If" that game would to occur, it would be a very fascinating matchup, to be honest.

I know JM is considered the overwhelming favorite to win it all, as they should - but SD plays a very different type of game that few teams come up against.

Any team that can shoot the 3 is always in a game.

"If" that game would to occur, it would be a very fascinating matchup, to be honest.

I know JM is considered the overwhelming favorite to win it all, as they should - but SD plays a very different type of game that few teams come up against.

If I'm with SD I wouldn't say anything to give JM motivation. So now SD is the team with the athletes and style that would beat JM?

Brunswick hung in there against the full court press and had players who came to compete. JM looked sloppy/flat but found the rhythm late. With that said, they still scored 90+....
Absolutely Johnny JM is a great team not taking anything away from them. My response was to the poster that suggest Brunswick had to press and foul in the 4th quarter just to lose by “only” 25 pts. Score was 64-60 going into the last frame not a 40 point blowout as the poster suggest. If any other 2A team keeps it as “close” or actually manages to out score JM in 2 out of 4 quarters as Brunswick did I would be very impressed.

Reactions: Johnny"football"

I know nothing about them:
1. How many 3 point shooters do they have?
2. Can they defend the trey too?
3. How many point guards?
4. How many turnovers they average?

If I'm with SD I wouldn't say anything to give JM motivation. So now SD is the team with the athletes and style that would beat JM?

I only said that it would be an interesting matchup "if' it were to occur.

Who knows...they might even knock off East Rock in the regional finals.

I'm always fascinated by teams with contrasting styles...

Plus I think it must be a lot of fun to play on a team that every player gets a chance to play, not just during mop up time.

And you have to believe in yourself and your game when you get to this point of the season....otherwise why even play the game if the other team has already beaten you on paper.

Absolutely Johnny JM is a great team not taking anything away from them. My response was to the poster that suggest Brunswick had to press and foul in the 4th quarter just to lose by “only” 25 pts. Score was 64-60 going into the last frame not a 40 point blowout as the poster suggest. If any other 2A team keeps it as “close” or actually manages to out score JM in 2 out of 4 quarters as Brunswick did I would be very impressed.
It's not like Brunswick is a lunch meat program. l would never be surprised if they play a team tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawg'89
I know nothing about them:
1. How many 3 point shooters do they have?
2. Can they defend the trey too?
3. How many point guards?
4. How many turnovers they average?
They shoot a ton of threes...I believe everyone on the roster has the green light from beyond the arc...defense is an afterthought but they do press full court all game...run and gun from opening tip to final buzzer...,sub 5 at a time about every dead ball. Most teams struggle with the frenetic pace of play... especially late in the game. They score a lot and give up a lot. Teams have lots of fast break opportunities...They play everybody on the roster a lot. Kinda fun to watch...unless you’re a Tony Bennett disciple!

Last edited:
I only said that it would be an interesting matchup "if' it were to occur.

Who knows...they might even knock off East Rock in the regional finals.

I'm always fascinated by teams with contrasting styles...

Plus I think it must be a lot of fun to play on a team that every player gets a chance to play, not just during mop up time.

And you have to believe in yourself and your game when you get to this point of the season....otherwise why even play the game if the other team has already beaten you on paper.
I gave you a like because that was a good pep talk...BUT once the game starts that pep talk is down the drain against JM lol

Last edited:
I gave you a like because that was a good pep talk...BUT once they game starts that pep talk is down the drain against JM lol
Yea JM would(will) press the whole game and have length at every level. Deny defense is how you beat the 3 pt shooters. Make them drive into the trees.

They shoot a ton of threes...I believe everyone on the roster has the green light from beyond the arc...defense is an afterthought but they do press full court all game...run and gun from opening tip to final buzzer...,sub 5 at a time about every dead ball. Most teams struggle with the frenetic pace of play... especially late in the game. They score a lot and give up a lot. Teams have lots of fast break opportunities...They play everybody on the roster a lot. Kinda fun to watch...unless you’re a Tony Bennett disciple!
In my opinion that’s probably not the way to beat JM. They will wear down even the most athletic of teams and it’s blowout city. I applaud Brunswick for trying to play their own game but slowing it down and zoning up JM I think would be the better strategy

In my opinion that’s probably not the way to beat JM. They will wear down even the most athletic of teams and it’s blowout city. I applaud Brunswick for trying to play their own game but slowing it down and zoning up JM I think would be the better strategy
That is just the way SD plays...live or die. But there is a lot of basketball to be played yet...

Lol this is a joke Jm beat trinity down in rva they damn near beat sieara canyon and they pressed Jm the whole game and they have the length and two McDonald’s all Americans on the team they still almost won, st.draft can’t and won’t win I’m willing to bet anything on this game

Some not very talented teams scored a lot of points on Draft. JM may put up 170 on those guys are rest their starters in the 4th. Won’t be close.

Reactions: Va434
They are going to consistently have to hit 30 footers the length of JM is tough to deal with
not to mention you being pressed the length of the court with a 6'6'' player playing on the front line of the press and a 7footer on the back end. legs by 3rd or 4th quarter aint built for long 3's...

I just looked up St.draft schedule and they lost to Orange County and that team isn’t big or have the half the talent jayem have, man let me stop talking about this game, I’ll be at the game to watch it next week

One thing for sure is whoever mentioned SD could beat JM should be the promoter of the year. That post got so many replies and they didn't even win their region and no one being honest would actually give them a chance.

Reactions: Va434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT