ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS - Region A Semis - Surry 81 Colonial Beach 55 - FINAL

Thing is out of all the teams that I have seen play this year throughout the state, I thought CB was the 2nd best team. That just shows how good Surry is

Reactions: uvacavs1
Thing is out of all the teams that I have seen play this year throughout the state, I thought CB was the 2nd best team. That just shows how good Surry is

They are legit. I watched em play once this year and they were very solid.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
A Surry vs Radford matchup would be a fun one.

Do you think that Rappahannock has a shot v Surry?

If not the Raiders, anybody left?

Sorry, CB took such a beating. CB played such superb team ball when I saw them play, surprised they fell apart like that.

Sorry, CB took such a beating. CB played such superb team ball when I saw them play, surprised they fell apart like that.
From what I’ve seen of other teams, both live or through game film, Surry is going to be tough for anyone. Granted, CB definitely could have done better if they did nothing more than everyone giving 100% on defense and had more ball movement and passing (because there were plenty of open shot opportunities not taken advantage of), but I still don’t think they would have beat Surry. It’s hard to compete when the defense gives up and two of your top scorers only combine for 12.

But Surry is tough physically, they are not selfish, and they have a deep bench. I’d say 23 and their guard are their keys. But 23 is very well rounded and can play inside and out.

You're dealing with high school kids, so they definitely have a chance. But Surry is extremely talented and it's gonna take any team bringing their A+ game and Surry having an off night. It's very rare to see a team at the 1A level this explosive from just about top to bottom in their lineup. I thought CB would battle with them for a bit, just because of how tough they had been on defense this year and how well they moved the ball around, but Surry came out firing and it was basically over in the 1st quarter.

You're dealing with high school kids, so they definitely have a chance. But Surry is extremely talented and it's gonna take any team bringing their A+ game and Surry having an off night. It's very rare to see a team at the 1A level this explosive from just about top to bottom in their lineup. I thought CB would battle with them for a bit, just because of how tough they had been on defense this year and how well they moved the ball around, but Surry came out firing and it was basically over in the 1st quarter.
completely agree with you. CB definitely didn’t play like they’d been doing all year. Other than 1 or 2 players getting after it, I think they gave up after the Surry not streak. Would have liked to seen them compete until the very end; finish out strong, win or lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT