ADVERTISEMENT

Boys - Region C Tournament - Round 1 - Giles 89 Nelson County 68 - FINAL

Dogs have definitely got their hands full Tues night. Someone who was their tonite said " I don't know if we can hang with these guys. Giles looks good." 8 teams left, 5 from the Three Rivers.

I figured Giles would win over Nelson but i'll pick Martinsville in this one, Meadows is a handful and as long as he's in the game I won't count Giles out, he's been getting a lot more help on the score board as of late too. Havnt seen Martinsville play yet but they are always talented. I don't look for a blowout but I don't think Giles will hang thru 4 qtrs. Should be a some good basketball in the doghouse Tues.

I have seen Meadows play about 3 or 4 times. He's a very good ballplayer. Yes, the game should be a good one.

Meadows got another T last night, but it was in the 4th quarter and the coach wisely pulled him out for the remainder of the game.

I hope Coach Adkins will have these boys ready to play on Tuesday. They have enough talent on the team to make a deep run.

Well, it's not a good idea to come to the Dawghouse with that temperment.

Yes, I most certainly do. I'm sure they will be I rare form Tuesday nite.

Yeah pizzzzza , I'd put our special 1 or 2 against anybody's. You have kids in the Piedmont that hate to come to the Doghouse because when they get on you there is no let up, from tip to finish. And they know what buttons to push. And you can hear them over the whole crowd, sometimes you think they have a mic. Comical to be honest.

Pizzzzza, the Dawghouse is unique. Once you step inside, all one sees are banners. Only state banners are hung at Martinsville. Hardcore Bulldawg fans as myself; we ride or die with our team. The few junk talkers will make the visit to the DH interesting.

The Dawghouse is the toughest gym to play at in the state of Virginia. I don’t care if they’re playing Tunstall or Patrick County, expect to be boo’d and trash talked. Dawgs by 10+ over Giles.

I've never been, but have seen it on FB a few times when someone broadcast one of the games.

How many people does the gym hold?

Hrsepasture1 or Mayberryite may be able to give you the capacity. Another thing that's intimidating, is how close the fans are to the court.

Hrsepasture1 or Mayberryite may be able to give you the capacity. Another thing that's intimidating, is how close the fans are to the court.

Yes I noticed that when I was watching the game -saw a few people standing up and pointing/yelling - seemed they were right on top of the court!

Last edited:
Right now I'm thinking it holds 1000-1200 if they pull all the bleachers out. After they had the big incident with GW a few years ago, the fire marshals came in and because of space, bathroom availability and other codes they usually leave the 2 end sections opposite the players benches pushed in and they cut ticket sales off at about 900. But as DSH said that's 900 sitting right on top of you. Crowds though are usually real good for GW, MV, maybe Bassett but normally for teams out of the area people don't come out as good. Hopefully we will have a good crowd Tues with both the boys and girls playing Giles.

Reactions: pizzzzza
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT