ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS: Spotswood 75 RE Lee (Staunton) 63 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
End of 1Q Spotswood 14, Lee High 13.

Sullivan FT with 8.2 seconds left difference

Lee turnover and Aaron Hunter converts layup to end 3Q, SHS leads Lee 54-41

Spotswood is ahead of Lee 64-51, but battling some late foul trouble. 4:18 left in the game.

Jayden Williams knocks down a 3 for Lee, but Spotswood still leads 67-56 4Q 2:15

Lee is slowly chipping away, but needs to work back a little quicker. Spotswood lead is 68-59 with 1:37 to go.

Final: Spotswood 75 R.E. Lee 63. Big statement by the Blazers, who've now won 64 straight games over Valley District teams. Lee now 11-1

Good game until the 3rd quarter. Spotswood shredded Lee's defense that quarter to take the comfortable lead. Spotswood Sullivan had a good game to lead the Trailblazers. 6'9 center Ouderkirk dominated the inside the first half. Lee's George just couldn't get rolling, good defense and just a off night. The only plus I take away from this game is that Lee's supporting cast had a good game with the big guys not playing up to par.

Spotswood a very solid team, led by D1 prospect James Sullivan with 22 points - and Lee's height advantage (Vaughn/George)over most teams was offset by the Blazer's 6'9 Daniel Ouderkirk.

Darius George (Marshall University) led Lee with 22 points.

Good game until the 3rd quarter. Spotswood shredded Lee's defense that quarter to take the comfortable lead. Spotswood Sullivan had a good game to lead the Trailblazers. 6'9 center Ouderkirk dominated the inside the first half. Lee's George just couldn't get rolling, good defense and just a off night. The only plus I take away from this game is that Lee's supporting cast had a good game with the big guys not playing up to par.

If Lee wants to do any damage post-season, they will need to rely upon the 'supporting cast'.

Lately it seems that George and Vaughn have been doing a bulk of the scoring.

If Lee wants to do any damage post-season, they will need to rely upon the 'supporting cast'.

Lately it seems that George and Vaughn have been doing a bulk of the scoring.
Yes, the players beside George and Vaughan will have to make more of their shots to keep the defense honest. Tonight they did a better job. I think the defense must improve for Lee to make that deep run in the playoffs.

They have a fairly good inside defense with the big guys protecting the rim and rebounding, but Lee will have to improve at preventing dribble penetration and contesting the 3 point shot. East Rockingham, even not being 100 percent healthy, could give Lee fits with that if Lee doesn't. It's still wide open in the East for Lee to make their claim as the team to beat, but defense improvement will be the key in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT