ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS State Semifinal: Radford 58 Floyd County 57 - FINAL in OT

Buffaloes lead the Bobcats 38-28 entering the 4th quarter in the state semifinals

Floyd County 38 Radford 31 7:33 4th Q Quick Floyd TO. Momentum all Cats

Floyd County 43 Radford 39 5:35 4th Q

Floyd County 47 Radford 45 3:30 4th Q

Floyd County 47 Radford 47 1:33 4th Q Bobcats have tied it up after being down as many as 17 in the 2nd Half
https://twitter.com/PParcell/status/1632911182779514880/analytics
Floyd County and Radford headed to OT tied at 49 in the Class 2 state semifinals
FqlIRElWIAAU7Ei

Last edited:
Radford 58 Floyd County 57 FINAL OT

Radford completes the comeback!!!Bobcats are going to another State Championship and will battle John Marshall Saturday, 6:30 @ the Siegal Center in Richmond

Radford 58 Floyd County 57 FINAL OT

Radford completes the comeback!!!Bobcats are going to another State Championship and will battle John Marshall Saturday, 6:30 @ the Siegal Center in Richmond
Feel for Brian Harmon and the Floyd boys. I’m sure this one hurts. Congrats to the Bobcats.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Looks like Radford will be the sacrificial lamb for JM again. Congrats on the W Radford.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Radford just stay home and say we are choosing not to participate in the circus. No need for anyone to waste their time and money traveling to Richmond for this nonsense.

Reactions: toughy299
I wouldn’t mind seeing Radford just stay home and say we are choosing not to participate in the circus. No need for anyone to waste their time and money traveling to Richmond for this nonsense.
I wish they wouldn’t show either. I will not waste my time or $$ on that. The Harlem Globetrotters are more entertaining.

Reactions: Hoofprint
Thank God that Cormany is the Radford coach and not you guys.

I don’t think he’s teaching them
Cowardice.

JM has teenage kids who can hoop. They aren’t giants or unstoppable. Radford will take a big L for sure but they will give it their best no doubt.

Cowardice.

JM has teenage kids who can hoop. They aren’t giants or unstoppable. Radford will take a big L for sure but they will give it their best no doubt.
As far as I’m concerned I watched the state championship tonight. Elijah Kelly is POY and Saturday is a exhibition game.

Reactions: falcettik
Crryyy baby cry. If you can’t beat ‘em, don’t show up LOL

Sounds like JM. Can’t win with your own kids so recruit the best in the country. New York. North Carolina. Puerto Rico.
You know I’d like to see them open up the foreign exchange student route and get a future Dirk from Germany or Mutombo from the Congo! Take it international and give kids a chance at American schools and hoops!!!

Cowardice.

JM has nothing more than paid players who are here on work visas doing a documentary with Kevin Durant. It’s disgusting and it shows just how classless Ty is! Now I see why he was forced out of Petersburg!

Reactions: Hoofprint
This thread is rotten. You don't have to like John Marshall but the fact is they just happened to hit the right combo of talent this year and have a national caliber squad. Will they be a national powerhouse every year . . . of course not . . . will they dominate C2 for years come? Probably. But maybe C2 should stop crying and get better. These are teenagers who can have a bad game at any team. And heck let's say Marshall loses one or 2 of these supposedly non Richmond players. They will still win the championship.

I have one question- If the Va governing body,VHSL, would allow JM to play in an upper classification, would this discussion be going on. I’ve seen some of this discussion in Tennessee regarding some of the western schools but not at this magnitude. Might be worth a trip to Richmond this week to see JM.

Congrats to Radford. I'm sure those kids are excited about playing the #1 team in the country. Can you imagine how excited one of us would have been to play against the #1 team when we were in high school. We would still be talking about playing somebody like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or Lebron James(not that JM has those type of players)

It is a high school memory that they will cherish. Let the kids play and have fun

I have one question- If the Va governing body,VHSL, would allow JM to play in an upper classification, would this discussion be going on. I’ve seen some of this discussion in Tennessee regarding some of the western schools but not at this magnitude. Might be worth a trip to Richmond this week to see JM.
JM is atop the state regardless of classification. Landstown made it to the state tournament for 6A this year and lost to JM by 40. I would like for schools to choose, even for individual sports.

It’s worth the price of admission, despite all the “talk” this team plays the game the right way. Suffocating press, unselfishness, and they get out and go.

As far as I’m concerned I watched the state championship tonight. Elijah Kelly is POY and Saturday is an exhibition game.
So we’re just gonna discredit all the other Region A & B teams and just assume Radford would win state? What you watched was the state semifinal and Kelly is not POY. State final is Saturday at 6:30. Crazy situation but no one can assume Radford would still win it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT