ADVERTISEMENT

Brooke Point - North Stafford game CANCELLED

VaPrepsRod

VaPreps All Region
Staff
Jul 5, 2008
According to the linked article from the Free-Lance Star, the game between Brooke Point and North Stafford scheduled for tonight has been cancelled due to a locker room incident at Brooke Point involving a player being choked.

Game cancellation

Re: Follow up story indicates that BP forfeits, as well.

Anyone know how this plays out for the playoff picture? What has to happen next week & what seedings are likely for these two teams (assuming BP doesn't cancel the rest of the season)?

With the forfeit loss, BP is sitting in 15th spot in 5A North. They'll be big underdogs against Ponax next week, if they do play.

Just running numbers through my head here, I'd say that any of the teams immediately below BP would need to win their final 2 games to pass them in the ratings (looking at Albemarle, Edison, R.E. Lee mostly here - each of those three are probably favored to win 1 of their final 2 and are underdogs in their other game).

As for N. Stafford, I'd guess they'll end up somewhere between 7 seed and 10 seed in 5A north, most likely 8 or 9, but plenty of scenarios in play there.

Thanks, great state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT