ADVERTISEMENT

Buckingham 50 Dan River 21

BCKnights

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 25, 2013
Knights outscored the Wildcats 36-0 in second half. Sets up a rematch with Gate City next week this time the Knights hit the road.

Made a few changes on defense and spreaded Dan River out. Dan River played 11 in the box all 1st half. Also moved Ragland to RB and wow is all I can say.

Biggest Halftime Adjustment - No Tremaine Edmunds!

Dan River, who were already down was without Zemar Anderson, had to play without their senior captain Tremaine Edmunds as he left due to a shoulder injury. Edmunds had 7 carries for 135 yards & 3 TDs (on runs of 47, 55, and 2 yards) before he left the game late in the 2nd quarter. His loss seemed to take a lot out of the Wildcats. Congrats to Buckingham on the win.

Re: Biggest Halftime Adjustment - No Tremaine Edmunds!

I wasn't able to attend the game but a couple of texts I got said same thing you said Mascot. When Edmunds left the momentum swing heavily went into the Knights favor. One of Buckingham's backs left with an injury as well in the first half but Junior B.J. Gough came in and did a great job to keep the Knights offense rolling. Hope Edmunds injury isn't too serious.

Re: Biggest Halftime Adjustment - No Tremaine Edmunds!

Notice I didnt mention our starting Running back Tariq Gough injured on the 1st Buckingham td or back up running back Montrese Foster who didnt dress. Its part of the game. We had to put our QB and back up Qb in the back field. Part of the game.

Are Tariq and BJ brothers? I did notice that they moved Ragland to RB and #4 to QB after #6 went out - not much drop off in my opinion. Edmunds' injury did play a factor (it wasn't the lone factor in the game) as it came with the Wildcats having a chance to go up by two touchdowns late in the 2nd quarter. DR would end up missing a field goal and came up short on a last minute drive as DR led 21-14. It was the start of a momentum swing towards the Knights.

Coach Gill had a great game plan and that big, mobile pulling line can be trouble if you get caught by them. Ragland ran his butt off (256 and two TDs?) and BJ was pretty good with at least 2 if not 3 TDs. Buckingham controlled the game the entire second half and the score showed it (DR had no first downs and only 14-15 plays of offense).

Good luck at Gate City, I'm hoping you all win (Go Conference 37)!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT