ADVERTISEMENT

Buckingham looking for games

Who’s off with Covid? I’m sure their opponents are in the same boat! Amherst, I’m guessing was off this week as well with it? Their week 3 opponent is probably available

About 2 hours and 15 minutes from Buckingham County to King George, but Bedford is just over an hour.

So far, looks like West Point for this week is it.

Bath Co. possibly for next week.

Might have some luck later in the week checking the NC papers, along with their F'book & tweets...

Buckingham might be the second most unlucky team in the state so far with COVID. At least the Knights got to scrimmage. To my knowledge, Nelson plays tomorrow night after having not played or scrimmaged so far at all due to Covid (if I’m not mistaken all their opponents issues not their own)

Pulaski County just opened up today. Their game with AA WV powerhouse Bluefield High has been cancelled due to Covid issues with the Beavers (Bluefield). There you go Buckingham. That's a 2 hour and 45 minute drive, but in this season for Covid and the need to play games, 3 hours this year is probably treated like 1 hour on most years.

I don't know what mitigation efforts most divisions are taking this year, but it seems to be less than it was last year when cases were lower. I know last year the divisions around me were doing hybrid days, 6 feet apart, keeping the kids moving in the halls, lunches in classrooms, taking temperatures at the door daily, running misting devices to help kill germs and there were very few cases and very few games were cancelled. Now this year they are at full or over capacity in the building, no longer checking temps, sitting 3 feet apart, eating in the cafe, lingering in the halls, and not doing deep cleans and the numbers are jumping like crazy and sporting events being cancelled.

Maybe divisions need to start making some adjustments!

The Knights and Flucos! The Battle of the Bridge is back for the first time since 2012!
One of my students are from Fluvanna and we have been talking smack not knowing we would end up playing and low and behold somebody gotta eat crow lol!

One of my students are from Fluvanna and we have been talking smack not knowing we would end up playing and low and behold somebody gotta eat crow lol!
Coach Gill used to tell stories of having the authorities waiting at the bridge whenever Buckingham beat Fluvanna and a few opportunistic Buckingham folk would drive north on 15 to paint the Bridge with the score! I would love to see the rivalry renewed full time.

Lyhsports I'm wondering if we both have been told the same thing as to why Brookville had to cancel their game with Fluvanna Co this week. I hope its not true I would hate to think any head coach would actually do something like that.

Lyhsports I'm wondering if we both have been told the same thing as to why Brookville had to cancel their game with Fluvanna Co this week. I hope its not true I would hate to think any head coach would actually do something like that.
Yeah, I hope its not true either.

Coach Gill used to tell stories of having the authorities waiting at the bridge whenever Buckingham beat Fluvanna and a few opportunistic Buckingham folk would drive north on 15 to paint the Bridge with the score! I would love to see the rivalry renewed full time.
Let's do it! I got green and gold paint on stand by.🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT