ADVERTISEMENT

Bye to preps

Dec 17, 2016
I have been reading preps for years and then finally joined to enjoy some friendly banter. But this board has changed. It has become pages and pages of threads of scores. If you are interested in posting or replying to someone’s post, you have to scroll through every possible game that was played. Including some that are not even 2A. 10 years ago this board had 150 users going back in forth and discussing a multitude of topics. Now it has turned into a scoreboard. Now I know, there will be people who will come to the defense of this poster (I’m saying you Leemen and/ or Ha 85straight they are the same person) and say that you like the scores. Well get your scores somewhere else. And I expect it since he has been defending your family for years. So keep your scoreboard, I will just find someone new to sit with each game I go to, so I can hear some opinions on the best scorer who has come out of the Roanoke valley. Or which team was better? Salem with Richard Morgan or Lee with Mitch madden. Man I miss and will miss those. So bye Antgeez... bye valley man.... bye goatfromjmu..... ‘and I always wanted to say this.... Fer Shizzle’

I, for one, will hate to see you leave.

I enjoy the discussion as much as anyone on here, but they seemed to have slowly dwindled down to just a few the past year or so - just go look at some of the other message boards - maybe 1/2 message a month - that's it.

I wanted to keep this forum alive and going - and posting scores/results/standings/rankings is one way of doing that.

But I asked by many people to post the 2A score during football and basketball season - and that includes the admins of these boards.

I was primarily doing it as a favor to most of the posters on this particular board, who say they can rarely find scores/results anywhere else but here - especially the girls scores.

If you know me at all on here, I love high school sports - and love a good discussion as much as the next person.

If everyone feels the same way as you, I don't mind cutting back on the scores at all.

In fact I'll go one step further - I'll just stop posting scores to see if any discussion comes up at all, which I would welcome very much.

I have a feeling how that one will end, though.....

Please reconsider your decision to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: swva_havok_fan
Perhaps the moderators can set up a sticky to post scores and let people go there to look

Or I could just put all the scores into one thread for that particular day.

I tried putting them on the scoreboard page - no one ever looked over there.

I mean I kind of 'get it" what he's saying - just don't want this particular forum to die off like others on here.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
I’m wondering:

Is there ways in life to express your displeasure with something without coming off like a whiney middle school girl?

Reactions: BigWinners
I have been reading preps for years and then finally joined to enjoy some friendly banter. But this board has changed. It has become pages and pages of threads of scores. If you are interested in posting or replying to someone’s post, you have to scroll through every possible game that was played. Including some that are not even 2A. 10 years ago this board had 150 users going back in forth and discussing a multitude of topics. Now it has turned into a scoreboard. Now I know, there will be people who will come to the defense of this poster (I’m saying you Leemen and/ or Ha 85straight they are the same person) and say that you like the scores. Well get your scores somewhere else. And I expect it since he has been defending your family for years. So keep your scoreboard, I will just find someone new to sit with each game I go to, so I can hear some opinions on the best scorer who has come out of the Roanoke valley. Or which team was better? Salem with Richard Morgan or Lee with Mitch madden. Man I miss and will miss those. So bye Antgeez... bye valley man.... bye goatfromjmu..... ‘and I always wanted to say this.... Fer Shizzle’
You are wrong. I am not leemen. I hope you reconsider and start some posts about past Lee/Valley/AA teams or players. I go pretty far back and also enjoy those discussions. Maybe not as far back as pizzzzza, he is old. Lol. I understand about having to go past the scores to find previous posts, but it really doesn't take that long.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Bye. I'd rather have these scores than you around.
I disagree and hope he continues to contribute his opinions. Truth, let me expand on one of my previous post about Jarrett Hatcher and his coaching style. You stated you are obviously not a fan. I assume maybe because of his sideline demeanor. For me it was more of the Lee style of play. It has nothing to do with his personality. I just think there was not enough attention to detail on both ends of the court. Seemed to be an extension of AAU type of play. Not enough team, especially on the defense.

You are wrong. I am not leemen. I hope you reconsider and start some posts about past Lee/Valley/AA teams or players. I go pretty far back and also enjoy those discussions. Maybe not as far back as pizzzzza, he is old. Lol. I understand about having to go past the scores to find previous posts, but it really doesn't take that long.

hey hey who you callin' old? LOL

I disagree and hope he continues to contribute his opinions. Truth, let me expand on one of my previous post about Jarrett Hatcher and his coaching style. You stated you are obviously not a fan. I assume maybe because of his sideline demeanor. For me it was more of the Lee style of play. It has nothing to do with his personality. I just think there was not enough attention to detail on both ends of the court. Seemed to be an extension of AAU type of play. Not enough team, especially on the defense.

It wasn't anything personal, this is the best place for up to date scores and I don't even know that I've read that dude's posts before. The scores help keep this board alive.

And they haven't killed all discussion, one of the most posted threads is a thread I started earlier about GC.

I don't get this person's complaint. I personally have been enjoying pizzzza's list of scores and it takes what....ten seconds.... to read up and down the list any given night. Then you click on whatever ones you want to know more about or add a comment.

I say treat this board like any other reading material.......pay attention to whatever content interests you and disregard the rest.

Or I could just put all the scores into one thread for that particular day.

I tried putting them on the scoreboard page - no one ever looked over there.

I mean I kind of 'get it" what he's saying - just don't want this particular forum to die off like others on here.

I was trying to do just that earlier in the season with the SWVA area, by doing the SWVA roundup, but you usually beat me to the punch before I logged on the next morning, so I just added to your threads by posting the BHC brief (or longform where case may apply) to your post. :)

Keep posting Scores, if nobody likes it then they can leave.

During soccer, I do a monthly score list. It just helps to keep folks informed of outcomes and not kill the whole board. In basketball, I think a daily score thread may be better. (Lot's of games to post) Plus that may generate some more discussion about multiple results.

During soccer, I do a monthly score list. It just helps to keep folks informed of outcomes and not kill the whole board. In basketball, I think a daily score thread may be better. (Lot's of games to post) Plus that may generate some more discussion about multiple results.

I hear what you're saying and I've been reading all the comments.

There's pros and cons to individual threads, as well as one daily thread.

The biggest con of individual threads is it takes up much of the board - the biggest pro is you can see the individual game you're looking for, plus any additional information about the game (stats/articles/videos/pictures/etc).

The biggest con of just one thread is having to dig through a VERY long thread to find the game you're looking for - plus details of each game would be hard to include, as it would make it even longer - that would just leave scores of the games, period.

And then don't forget there's boys AND girls games.

I tried this over on the Scoreboard, but no one saw it - and THAT is the Scoreboard forum - which does have a very nice scores recap - but it's the day after, not live.

I had many people tell me to just post the scores here on the AA board - easier to find and it was the pertinent to the forum.

I don't know....I don't want to be accused of personally monopolizing this forum - I really was just trying to keep it alive and going during slow periods where there were very few discussions.

And I encourage others to contribute scores as well - I don't mean to "hog' the board scores wise - just like to update the live scores as they occur - I think people like that.

I'd love some more imput.....I can totally stop posting scores here - put them on scoreboard forum live just as easy.

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
I was trying to do just that earlier in the season with the SWVA area, by doing the SWVA roundup, but you usually beat me to the punch before I logged on the next morning, so I just added to your threads by posting the BHC brief (or longform where case may apply) to your post. :)

Havok - I don't mean to step on your toes either - I like what you do.

I didn't know if you are able to post live scores or not - that's why I do it.

I can stop with the live updates from SWVa if you want to take it over.

Reactions: swva_havok_fan
I am fairly new to the board but I really enjoy seeing the scores posted and don't mind scrolling thru a few threads to find other topics.

Havok - I don't mean to step on your toes either - I like what you do.

I didn't know if you are able to post live scores or not - that's why I do it.

I can stop with the live updates from SWVa if you want to take it over.

I am down for whatever. I know you get some of the Ridgeview scores from ThePackFootball Twitter account to which I own. I don't go to very many of the basketball games since I actually live in Bristol and it's just way too hard to get back to Dickenson County especially for mid week games.

But anyways, I would be glad to do SWVA, or let you continue doing what you do. I enjoy seeing the other scores that are not Region D myself.

I am down for whatever. I know you get some of the Ridgeview scores from ThePackFootball Twitter account to which I own. I don't go to very many of the basketball games since I actually live in Bristol and it's just way too hard to get back to Dickenson County especially for mid week games.

But anyways, I would be glad to do SWVA, or let you continue doing what you do. I enjoy seeing the other scores that are not Region D myself.

You can post the SWVA scores if you want - if you can't do them live, just let me know....don't mind 'helping out'.

You can post the SWVA scores if you want - if you can't do them live, just let me know....don't mind 'helping out'.

I can't do live scores. I may try to find the Abingdon at Ridgeview game on the radio tonight and listen as the girls game is a huge game as far as the M7 goes. If I can find it, I will tweet out the score updates for it as the other guy who does it probably won't be able to get anything out because cell service at Ridgeview is more or less non-existent and social media is blocked on the WiFi.

Big games in SWVA to keep an eye on tonight:

Girls:
Abingdon at Ridgeview
Union at Gate City

Boys:
Grayson County at George Wythe
Union at Gate City

I can't do live scores. I may try to find the Abingdon at Ridgeview game on the radio tonight and listen as the girls game is a huge game as far as the M7 goes. If I can find it, I will tweet out the score updates for it as the other guy who does it probably won't be able to get anything out because cell service at Ridgeview is more or less non-existent and social media is blocked on the WiFi.

Girls:
Abingdon at Ridgeview
Union at Gate City

Boys:
Union at Gate City
I like the scores Pizzza. I am as big of high school fan as it gets and I like seeing what everyone from around the state is doing. Come tournament time, you are the main source for scores outside my area.

Girls:
Abingdon at Ridgeview
Union at Gate City

Boys:
Union at Gate City

Hey havoc, one of the Ridgeview accounts follows me on Twitter, is that the account you run?

I like the scores also, if there is a game of interest and you want post a thread about that game then post your thread there. I actually come here to check scores cause I don’t waste my money on a paper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT