6. Tazewell (4-3) 123 17.5714
7. Gate City (3-5) 128 16.0000
8. Marion (3-4) 102 14.5714
9. Battle (1-6) 87 12.4286
10. Virginia (0-7) 80 11.4288
11. Lee (0-7) 73 10.4286
12. Lebanon (0-7) 71 10.1429

Last edited:
In region C, Radford plays Glenvar next week. They win, should win out with Floyd and Carroll left. They beat Glenvar they get one seed, they lose 2. Appomattox should win out with Chatham, William Campbell, and Nelson left. If Radford wins next week Appo will be 2 or 3. If Radford loses they will be 1 or 2. Gretna has top seed on region A Thomas Jefferson coming to Gretna next week. Of they beat them Gretna still has a shoot at getting second from Appo and even one of Radford loses. A win next week would definitely lock them in at 3 at worst as long as they also win last two against Dan River and Chatham. They lose to Jefferson they will be in battle for third with Glenvar if they beat Radford. If not Gretna would get third. Glenvar has Radford, Giles, and Allegheny left. They beat Radford they could be 3, if not pretty solid to finish fourth. Dan River is pretty solid to finish 5 with Chatham 6. 7 and 8 will be a battle between Nelson, Chiswell, Floyd, Patrick, and James River with each having about same shot of getting in.
In region D I think the 8 in there now are pretty solid to be the 8 that gets in. Ridgeview's toughest game left is Abingdon that they should win and pretty solid even with loss to be one seed. Union pretty solid for second seed. Graham and Richlands play next Friday. Winner finishes third while loser probably drops to five as Central has good chance of winning out and getting four. Tazewell, Gate City, and Marion pretty solid to be 6-8 seeds.

Ridgeview's toughest game is by far Pikeville, KY. #1 team in Kentucky. They're 1A, but they are Riverheads(on steroids) of 1A KY.

It's at Pikeville which means it's already 14-0. The Wolfpack will be fortunate to get back to VA with a win.

They should beat Abingdon.

Ridgeview's toughest game is by far Pikeville, KY. #1 team in Kentucky. They're 1A, but they are Riverheads(on steroids) of 1A KY.

It's at Pikeville which means it's already 14-0. The Wolfpack will be fortunate to get back to VA with a win.

They should beat Abingdon.
Thanks didn't know nothing about Pikeville. Even with loss there still think Ridgeview will be one seed.

Just a note. If Nelson gets in that puts all five dogwood teams in Region C in the 8 that get in. Dogwood pretty solid this year.

I dont see Gretna having a shot at the 2 seed in C due to rider points.Appo should pick up 36 points 11/25 for 188 points at 23.5. Appo wins out and heritage keeps winning appo should take 1st seed in C.

Just a note. If Nelson gets in that puts all five dogwood teams in Region C in the 8 that get in. Dogwood pretty solid this year.
Nelson doing great along with Chatam, glad to see them with winning records again. From the looks of things it's going to be nasty in the dogwood next year lol.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Thanks didn't know nothing about Pikeville. Even with loss there still think Ridgeview will be one seed.
I agree. An 8-2 Ridgeview and Union should most likely 1 and 2. Unless Richlands beats Graham. Could possibly catapult them to #2.

This is a link to Pikeville vs Paintsville from early September. For both teams, every lineman is huge and all other players very athletic. Amazing for 2 schools with enrollment of less than 330 kids.

I agree. An 8-2 Ridgeview and Union should most likely 1 and 2. Unless Richlands beats Graham. Could possibly catapult them to #2.

This is a link to Pikeville vs Paintsville from early September. For both teams, every lineman is huge and all other players very athletic. Amazing for 2 schools with enrollment of less than 330 kids.

Lo
Thanks, watched part of it. Love the small town high school atmosphere. Pikesville looks pretty tough.

Reactions: Union_Fan
I dont see Gretna having a shot at the 2 seed in C due to rider points.Appo should pick up 36 points 11/25 for 188 points at 23.5. Appo wins out and heritage keeps winning appo should take 1st seed in C.
If Glenvar and Gretna win next week, I have Gretna finishing at 248 with Appo at 252. Doesn't take alot to make up 4 points. That is with Heritage winning out. If Brunswick and Tunstall could win one more game, which isn't that impossible they would be tied.

If Glenvar and Gretna win next week, I have Gretna finishing at 248 with Appo at 252. Doesn't take alot to make up 4 points. That is with Heritage winning out. If Brunswick and Tunstall could win one more game, which isn't that impossible they would be tied.
most probable heritage will lose to glass.

Reactions: obguthr

Union may go 7-3. That game with Abingdon is a tossup game with Unions injuries. Pikeville is bad arse. If Ridge view beats them, it would be a surprise I would think.

Abindon vs Ridgeview is huge. Another game many may not be aware of that could have huge implications for Ridgeview, Union, Richland's and Graham will be Central at Gate City. That game may be as big for those four powerhouses as the Abingdon games, the Graham vs Richlands game, and the Pikeville game.

It's so up in the air out west that in the end, for their Big Four in Graham, Ridgeview, Union, and Richlands, the game that Might have the most implications for these four is a game none of them play in, and that game is Central at Gate City. I would say keep your eye on this game, it's going to greatly effect 3,4, 5, and 6 seeds literally in a 2.5 hour contest in Gate City, VA.

Did not see TJ at Gretna. I missed, didn't know about this game all year long. Just can't believe I missed this. What a contest! We will have a nice idea of what region A has to offer, or what Region C has to offer.

Need to fix Union as well....if after 8 games they have 21.875 rating their point total should be 175. if the point total that you show of 178 is correct, then their rating is 22.25 or 178/8=22.25

Did not see TJ at Gretna. I missed, didn't know about this game all year long. Just can't believe I missed this. What a contest! We will have a nice idea of what region A has to offer, or what Region C has to offer.
Tee Jay has a lot of speed and their line may be bigger than Radford’s, which is unbelievable to even think. My biggest thing with them is will they have the discipline for all 48? If they can stay disciplined then I see them playing in the state championship game. I think them and Buckingham will be one of the best matchups we will see in the Richmond area.

Whats the tie breaker now days?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT