ADVERTISEMENT

C and D power points week 5

Wow. Where to start. My argument is... never mind because I can tell just from your tone it won't amount to a hill of beans. No tears here. You play like that against an opponent that doesn't beat themselves, you get beat 35-0. I'm sure there were someone, somewhere that was behaving and thinking the way you are portraying but I haven't seen them. Certainly not on a message board. Damn sure haven't seen a peep to that end from Floyd either. Best of luck to ya. If this is the attitude you throw at people in victory, God forbid the meltdown we'd see if Giles lost somehow. Good thing is that I know you're in the minority and most people get along and can be civil. That, and your wins help our power points. I'll leave ya be and not poke your bubble no more.
Good idea because u make no sense. The comment that u made about people on east side if Celco is what got me fired up, nothing about the game. You start throwing out the insults and think I'm not going to respond. Wrong. Will be my last post on that issue. If I had to guess you and I are probably good friends as well. I'm not like a lit of Giles fans. When Narrows is not playing Giles I always pull for them and even come to their games. I like seeing all the kids in our community do well. Before it's said and done they will all be playing on same team anyway and we will all be fans of the same team. I see it as soon we then later.

Last edited:
I can't say I remember seeing that. And I dunno about what was in pickem but I picked Giles even though I have no idea about either team.

But my point still remains, a team, coaches, and fans (especially one who is winning) SHOULD think they are going to win. I'll tell you as a SD fan, with their last 2 loses, Richlands in state semis and Riverheads this year, I thought they would win, in not on here making predictions except simple Pickem and I always pick my team, but I thought they would win
Guns you are absolutely right, a team should think they are going to win. I don't fault Narrows in that, I compliment them. My post was made after a shot to people east of Celco. You have to be from this area to understand what that means. Let's just say it was the people West of Celco who trash talked and put up derogatory signs all over the community. The bad mouthing of coaches, our kids, ect. I enjoyed it because it did nothing but light a fire under our kids butts. Look a lot of it is done in good fun, I get that. Some of what was done this year was to much. I guess if you going to run your mouth as much as they did for weeks at least come close to backing it up lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.

Guns you are absolutely right, a team should think they are going to win. I don't fault Narrows in that, I compliment them. My post was made after a shot to people east of Celco. You have to be from this area to understand what that means. Let's just say it was the people West of Celco who trash talked and put up derogatory signs all over the community. The bad mouthing of coaches, our kids, ect. I enjoyed it because it did nothing but light a fire under our kids butts. Look a lot of it is done in good fun, I get that. Some of what was done this year was to much. I guess if you going to run your mouth as much as they did for weeks at least come close to backing it up lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.

That's terrible. No need to talk bad like that. I'm all for thinking you will win, I'm different than most and not into this trash talk, but things do go too far

Radford is way better the 1 and 3 team. I see them giving Giles fits Friday.

Radford and Martinsville both have very winnable games against higher class teams to bank some serious points and move up. Gretna has a brutal schedule. Win those games and they will get a high seed in the playoffs. Lose them and they may find themselves in the stands watching other teams play. Floyd, Giles, and/or Glenvar could fall apart too.

As for the Giles-Narrows debate, most folks won't get the reference about Celco (largest employer in the county right between Narz territory and Giles territory). All the outsiders need to know is that on a map, Narrows is the nipple part of Giles county. That doesn't necessarily mean they suck, js. ;)

Reactions: singlewinger92
I have a question for everyone out there but first. I'm an old guy and really don't understand this younger generation lingo. What exactly does butt hurt mean??? Please keep in G rated, thanks.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Gretna is 5-0 and will be 6-0 after this week against altavista. That's more than enough to make it in. Glenvar is in a similar boat. Giles and Floyd both still play Carroll, almost a gimme for those teams. I think the first 7 teams are going to be well in. It's highly unlikely radford beats Giles, glenvar, or Floyd. I see martinsville as the 8 seed.

Everyone remaining on Gretna's schedule is better than the previous 5 teams. Altavista may be best team Gretna has played to date, despite their record. I watched Altavista - Wm Campbell last week.

Yes, Gretna and Altavista play twice, on those dates. Playing a 1A school twice, is good for power points.
I think this was result of Nelson County dropping out of district.and this was an easy way to replace them on schedule.

Good idea because u make no sense. The comment that u made about people on east side if Celco is what got me fired up, nothing about the game. You start throwing out the insults and think I'm not going to respond. Wrong. Will be my last post on that issue. If I had to guess you and I are probably good friends as well. I'm not like a lit of Giles fans. When Narrows is not playing Giles I always pull for them and even come to their games. I like seeing all the kids in our community do well. Before it's said and done they will all be playing on same team anyway and we will all be fans of the same team. I see it as soon we then later.
Sorry for my ignorance but are Giles and narrows combining? Just trolling the threads and seen this.

Sorry for my ignorance but are Giles and narrows combining? Just trolling the threads and seen this.
Maybe eventually. Both school buildings are 55 years old. Consolidation will certainly be discussed once the buildings need to be replaced. I haven't heard about any current talks about it.

Maybe eventually. Both school buildings are 55 years old. Consolidation will certainly be discussed once the buildings need to be replaced. I haven't heard about any current talks about it.
Both schools have been renovated in the past 15 years. I don't see it happening anytime soon although it needs to. No leadership in school administration to do what should have been done years ago. The two schools are 5 miles apart. If it gets done it will be because the State made them.

We've been thru a lot of consolidation in Henry county. Seems to be the norm these days. With 2 small schools that close maybe consolidation wouldn't be a bad thing. Jump to 3a-4a?

We've been thru a lot of consolidation in Henry county. Seems to be the norm these days. With 2 small schools that close maybe consolidation wouldn't be a bad thing. Jump to 3a-4a?

Maybe 3A, but definitely not 4A... would be a small 3A school, if they combined.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT