6. John Battle (3-2) 17.800
7. Lee (3-2) 16.600
8. Grayson (2-3) 15.200
9. Central Wise (2-3) 14.000
10. Richlands (1-3) 13.500
11. Lebanon (1-3) 12.000
12. Tazewell (1-4) 11.600
13. Gate City (0-5) 11.000
Wow, if play offs started today, Richlands wouldn't even be in. Now I said IF, so don't beat me up over this.

Giles will be fine. Have already taken down two undefeated teams and will do the same with Glenvar squad that has played absolutely no one. Just like Narrows and Floyd, they think their great because of the teams they have been beating up on. Yes I said it because it's the truth. However I'm not saying Floyd or Glenvar are bad teams. Floyd has great defense and I know Glenvar has a good team. Question is how good are they? No competition to this point to really know.

Reactions: oldfool
Winger..there you go again with the wishful thinking! lol

Here is your answer about how good is Glenvar? Just like the past 3 years, we are much better than you think.

Last edited:
Giles will be fine. Have already taken down two undefeated teams and will do the same with Glenvar squad that has played absolutely no one. Just like Narrows and Floyd, they think their great because of the teams they have been beating up on. Yes I said it because it's the truth. However I'm not saying Floyd or Glenvar are bad teams. Floyd has great defense and I know Glenvar has a good team. Question is how good are they? No competition to this point to really know.
Ok Winger...so you got blown out by Blacksburg and lost in OT to a good Graham team. Why does that say you will take down an undefeated Glenvar team that according to you has played "no one"? Tell that to Galax and CS who almost beat Pulaski last night.

Last edited:
Ok Winger...so you got blown out by Blacksburg and lost in OT to a good Graham team. Why does that say you will take down an undefeated Glenvar team that according to you has played "no one"? Tell that to Galax and CS who almost beat Pulaski last night. I would say that Giles having more passing in their offense would be a better predictor of a Giles victory.because Glenvar has had the single wings number for 3 years now and you guys down there are still in denial.

Blacksburg in another league as other in there

Blacksburg in another league as other in there
Winger said " Have already taken down two undefeated teams and will do the same with Glenvar squad that has played absolutely no one."

Yes Blacksburg is great but Winger thinks just having Blacksburg on the schedule makes Giles better than Glenvar. I don't see what one has to do with the other since the score was 51-14. You want to have a debate lets come up with something more substantive than schedule comparison which very often is not a good indicator.

Last edited:
Winger said " Have already taken down two undefeated teams and will do the same with Glenvar squad that has played absolutely no one."

Yes Blacksburg is great but Winger thinks just having Blacksburg on the schedule makes Giles better than Glenvar. I don't see what one has to do with the other since the score was 51-14.

I don't know what any of them have, but the better competition you play, it should help more. Does playing them mean they will best someone else, NO. But I would think playing them may have benefited them in some way

I don't know what any of them have, but the better competition you play, it should help more. Does playing them mean they will best someone else, NO. But I would think playing them may have benefited them in some way
That's true but it can also hurt a team..it's hard to tell and there is no way of knowing or making predictions from just that... is my point.

That's true but it can also hurt a team..it's hard to tell and there is no way of knowing or making predictions from just that... is my point.

Of course not. I may not be very good at these pickems but I do know football and when Giles and Glenvar play, unless they are similar record wise and both played same team, I won't pay attention to if Giles lost to Blacksburg and Glenvar beat Southeast Virginia State Tech Community College for the poor lol

Why u so butt hurt? Is it the fact that someone pointed out u have played a very weak schedule? Like i said facts are facts, u can spin it any way you want to. Oh, and the fact Giles has Blacksburg on the schedule has no meaning to me like you seem to think. Since u bring Blacksburg up I seen the tape on Blacksburg playing Glenvar early in year, same results. What surprises me with you the most is this. You seem to hate Giles or get upset anytime anyone has a opinion different then you on Glenvar but deep down u really love us, right? I mean over the last few years you guys have taken Giles tradition of the train horn and made it your own. You put a picture on your state rock of your team taken on Giles field. It is a very beautiful place so who could blame the coaches for that. You have to chill out bro. If u notice I stated Glenvar had a good team, point is we don't know how good because of reason I stated. I do feel like Giles can beat them this year, it's my opinion. I hope for the first time in four years its on a dry field. If not my opinion will change because Glenvar is to good on defensive front to beat them in mud. Just buy me a hotdog in four weeks, just don't put any poison in it lol.

Last edited:

I know Graham beat up Glenvar in a scrimmage. That's about it, only a scrimmage and one of the early scrimmages (not a benefit game) but Glenvar got beat up pretty good against Graham. Graham and Giles went to overtime of course in a regular season game, so there you have it. Still, hard to compare apples and oranges and this and that as Giles beat up Bluefield, WV, pretty good in a scrimmage, and Bluefield (ranked 1st in WV AA ball) beat Graham in a regular season game that also went down to the wire. So....hard to say for sure, but I like Giles in this one when they play in the later part of October (20th) against Glenvar.

Why u so butt hurt? Is it the fact that someone pointed out u have played a very weak schedule? Like i said facts are facts, u can spin it any way you want to. Oh, and the fact Giles has Blacksburg on the schedule has no meaning to me like you seem to think. Since u bring Blacksburg up I seen the tape on Blacksburg playing Glenvar early in year, same results. What surprises me with you the most is this. You seem to hate Giles or get upset anytime anyone has a opinion different then you on Glenvar but deep down u really love us, right? I mean over the last few years you guys have taken Giles tradition of the train horn and made it your own. You put a picture on your state rock of your team taken on Giles field. It is a very beautiful place so who could blame the coaches for that. You have to chill out bro. If u notice I stated Glenvar had a good team, point is we don't know how good because of reason I stated. I do feel like Giles can beat them this year, it's my opinion. I hope for the first time in four years its on a dry field. If not my opinion will change because Glenvar is to good on defensive front to beat them in mud. Just buy me a hotdog in four weeks, just don't put any poison in it lol.

Not butt hurt at all my good friend. Learned along time ago not to take things personally. I'm not clairvoyant so I don't know the emotions behind yours or any words so I try hard not to read the emotions of a poster.. I simply disagreed with why you say Giles is going to win and I respect your opinion. I really was trying to get your opinion beyond your tougher schedule being the reason you will beat Glenvar this year. Is the wing better, more balanced offense, better line? I don't have any idea who is going to win other than to say the team that shows up. I think right now it's a toss up.

Last edited:
Reactions: singlewinger92
Graham and Giles went to OT, so they are pretty equal, right? Maybe, but I heard the first half was pretty one-sided. For years, the Glenvar game didn't mean anything, but it does now. All credit goes to Glenvar and what they have accomplished in recent years. I sure will be glad to get back on top, but until we do, I certainly won't talk trash about them. At 3-2, despite who we played, I'm unwilling to guarantee victory over any team that seems to have our number. We have to prove we're better first.

Reactions: Intrinsicrewards
Damn, I just realized I have a huge dilemma. Giles-Glenvar is the same day as Riverheads-RE Lee-Staunton. Both games should be hella good with district titles and playoff seeding on the line. Which should I watch? I may have to stay in Staunton, but have WNRV's live stream in my ear.

Not butt hurt at all my good friend. Learned along time ago not to take things personally. I'm not clairvoyant so I don't know the emotions behind yours or any words so I try hard not to read the emotions of a poster.. I simply disagreed with why you say Giles is going to win and I respect your opinion. I really was trying to get your opinion beyond your tougher schedule being the reason you will beat Glenvar this year. Is the wing better, more balanced offense, better line? I don't have any idea who is going to win other than to say the team that shows up. I think right now it's a toss up.
That game is still a ways away. Got 3 games to play before that. Let's hold off on the Giles-Glenvar talk for a while. A lot can happen, upsets, injuries, etc.

Graham and Giles went to OT, so they are pretty equal, right? Maybe, but I heard the first half was pretty one-sided. For years, the Glenvar game didn't mean anything, but it does now. All credit goes to Glenvar and what they have accomplished in recent years. I sure will be glad to get back on top, but until we do, I certainly won't talk trash about them. At 3-2, despite who we played, I'm unwilling to guarantee victory over any team that seems to have our number. We have to prove we're better first.
It was not a guarantee, not what I said. I said I felt Giles could take down another undefeated team in Glenvar if in fact they still are. They need to get by Floyd also but I think they will. Giles still has to get by Radford this week. Some teams no matter the record always play you well, Radford always plays us well.

I got ya sir. In my mind Giles has improved a lot since week one and getting better every game. Line play is getting better and defense is has improved. Although it has not been showed that much Giles is much better passing with Ryan then in years past, if needed. We all know Glenvar has been good against the wing as of late, I expect that to continue.

Reactions: Intrinsicrewards
Damn, I just realized I have a huge dilemma. Giles-Glenvar is the same day as Riverheads-RE Lee-Staunton. Both games should be hella good with district titles and playoff seeding on the line. Which should I watch? I may have to stay in Staunton, but have WNRV's live stream in my ear.

That's a tough choice, and I dunno about Giles-Glenvar, but Shenandoah may not be on line in that one. Luray still has a lot to say about that, and if Lee beats Riverheads and both beat Luray and SD wins out we would have a 3 way tie. Lot of football left

Reactions: obguthr
I think Riverheads and Lee will be more competitive, personally.

Why is Nelson even being included in the Power Points? They're not eligible for the playoffs as they are playing an independent schedule this year.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6

Maybe there were some Narrows fans in person that weren't educated and extremely over estimated the squad but no where on these boards, or others that many of us frequent, did I see it. Looks like you're showing the same attitude that you're accusing of Narrows and Floyd Co. fans of having. Kinda what I expect from a small minority of the folks from east of Celco.

Wow, if play offs started today, Richlands wouldn't even be in. Now I said IF, so don't beat me up over this.
Yes if any 2A team had the schedule Richlands has to start the season they would be in the same boat. The last 3 games have been brutal and it doesn't get any easier this Friday.

Maybe there were some Narrows fans in person that weren't educated and extremely over estimated the squad but no where on these boards, or others that many of us frequent, did I see it. Looks like you're showing the same attitude that you're accusing of Narrows and Floyd Co. fans of having. Kinda what I expect from a small minority of the folks from east of Celco.
Yep, pretty much all everyone heard east of Celco for three weeks was this is our year, this is our year. Giles is down and were undefeated against Auburn, Bland, and Montcom. Once again they were all brought back down to earth. If truth known u are probably included. Been several weeks, u can stop crying now. I dont see you or any other Narrows fans called out on this board so not sure your argument. The kids took that game personal because they was tired of hearing how bad they were and great Narrows was in the community by your fans for three weeks. Two of my best friends coach for Narrows, why I have not said a single word about the game until now and u brought it on. Oh, and Floy was 100% they was beating Giles also, that's my basis for the post. Go dry your eyes now.

Last edited:
Yep, pretty much all everyone heard east of Celco for three weeks was this is our year, this is our year. Giles is down and were undefeated against Auburn, Bland, and Montcom. Once again they were all brought back down to earth. If truth known u are probably included. Been several weeks, u can stop crying now. I dont see you or any other Narrows fans called out on this board so not sure your argument. The kids took that game personal because they was tired of hearing how bad they were and great Narrows was in the community by your fans for three weeks. Two of my best friends coach for Narrows, why I have not said a single word about the game until now and u brought it on. Oh, and Floy was 100% they was beating Giles also, that's my basis for the post. Go dry your eyes now.

Well i dunno about any of this, but your last statement, shouldn't a team think they are going to win every game? That is a bad argument IMO

I think what he's trying to say is the way they went about doing it. Yes Narrows has a good team and I really think they finish 9 and 1 8 and 2 worst. But the trash talk got pretty bad leading up to it. Giles had no shot in winning the game. I think a lot of people based that on record and not level of competition

Think that the eight in region C will be the same eight just in different orders by season's end. Region D will change as Richlands schedule gets better and Central Wise might have shot to break into top eight.

Wow. Where to start. My argument is... never mind because I can tell just from your tone it won't amount to a hill of beans. No tears here. You play like that against an opponent that doesn't beat themselves, you get beat 35-0. I'm sure there were someone, somewhere that was behaving and thinking the way you are portraying but I haven't seen them. Certainly not on a message board. Damn sure haven't seen a peep to that end from Floyd either. Best of luck to ya. If this is the attitude you throw at people in victory, God forbid the meltdown we'd see if Giles lost somehow. Good thing is that I know you're in the minority and most people get along and can be civil. That, and your wins help our power points. I'll leave ya be and not poke your bubble no more.

Reactions: obguthr
I think what he's trying to say is the way they went about doing it. Yes Narrows has a good team and I really think they finish 9 and 1 8 and 2 worst. But the trash talk got pretty bad leading up to it. Giles had no shot in winning the game. I think a lot of people based that on record and not level of competition

I can't say I remember seeing that. And I dunno about what was in pickem but I picked Giles even though I have no idea about either team.

But my point still remains, a team, coaches, and fans (especially one who is winning) SHOULD think they are going to win. I'll tell you as a SD fan, with their last 2 loses, Richlands in state semis and Riverheads this year, I thought they would win, in not on here making predictions except simple Pickem and I always pick my team, but I thought they would win

Back to the points....There are 12 postseason eligible teams in Region C. Eight teams qualify. Who are the four that don't make it? I'm crossing off Buckingham, James River, and Chatham. How often does a team break single game scoring records and then miss the playoffs? (See James River at Chatham , Week 1) Who is the fourth team? Radford? Martinsville? Gretna (really tough schedule ahead)? This is a very strong region.

Radford. I think they have a really solid team, but they still have some tough games remaining and with 4 losses already, I don't see them out pointing martinsville.

Reactions: AntGZee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT