6. Union (4-3). 17.714
7. Tazewell (4-3). 17.714
8. Central (3-3). 15.500
9. Battle (1-5). 12.833
10. Richlands (1-6). 12.714
11. Marion (1-5) 11.667

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
My take on Region C. Think things have become a little clearer. Radford and Appomattox are top two teams in Region and think there is big gap back to third. Martinsville will get 2 seed but they barely beat Chatham by not much more than Gretna beat Chatham by. Think you will see when Appo plays Chatham will be blow out. Think Martinsville will lose to Magna Vista and Bassett. Think top three are pretty well set with Radford at one, Martinsville at 2, and Appo at 3. Floyd at one loss is wild card after beating Glenvar but still have Radford, Alleghany, and James River. Believe Floyd, Glenvar, and Alleghany will battle for 4-6. Gretna has big game at Dan River next week. On paper they should be favored. Dan River only two wins have come against winless Tunstall and Altavista. Chatham blew Tunstall out by way more than Dan River did. If Gretna can beat Dan River they end with Altavista, Tunstall, and Nelson. They should easily win them remaining three. Should key word is all three teams only have one win combined. That would land Gretna in 7 seed with maybe shot at 6 depending on rest of games. Think Chatham will end up making it in 8 but Dan River and James River have shot at it. Don't believe you will see much of a game in playoffs until finals between Radford and Appomattox which I favor Radford.

Graham and Ridgeview is biting at the heels of the Bobcats and Bulldogs in the power rankings. Lots of football left to be played, but I'm not so sure Radford (if we were to go 10-0) will hold off Graham in the power ratings if the GMen go 10-0. Radford has already played Christiansburg (Class 3) and Carroll County (Class 3). Graham still has Pulaski and Blacksburg which are two Class 4 schools on the schedule. Graham may overtake Radford in power rankings by the end of game 10, which would mean Radford (if we were fortunate enough to win Region C) may end up traveling if Graham comes out of D.

Raddy has 176 points right now through 7 games for a ranking of 25.14. Graham has 144 total points through 6 games for a ranking of 24.0. If you add the extra 8 points in right now Graham would get just for playing Blacksburg and Pulaski, that would put Graham at a power ranking of 25.33, as Graham even though they have 144 total points right now, they actually have +8 points compared to Radford because of Pulaski and Blacksburg on the schedule. So, 144 total points is actually more like 152 total points, and dividing that by 6 gives Graham 25.33 ranking, which is ahead of Radford at 25.14. This makes it a photo finish for Graham and Radford in power ranking.

It also means that if Graham wins its final 4 games, it will pull ahead of Ridgeview. Ridgeview and Graham are tied right now, but if both win out, those two games for Graham with Pulaski and Blacksburg would put Graham ahead of Ridgeview in Region D.

Raddy and Graham are going to be so nailbitingly close in power ratings (if both win out) that it could be decided by a game like Bluefield High vs a West Virginia opponent, or Carroll County vs another opponent. The margin could be as small as 1 or 2 games versus opponents beaten that decides it.

Martinsville is terrible. They don't deserve to be on the same field with the likes of Radford, Appo and others. How they are 6-0, well it's just unbelievable. I can't wait for them to get beat where we can hear everyone tell us how bad they are.

Can someone clarify who won Alleghany and James River? I may have to correct points. Score stream has Alleghany winning 17-14 in it and that's what I went with but MaxPreps has James River winning 17-14 in ot.

Raddy has 176 points right now through 7 games for a ranking of 25.14. Graham has 144 total points through 6 games for a ranking of 24.0. If you add the extra 8 points in right now Graham would get just for playing Blacksburg and Pulaski, that would put Graham at a power ranking of 25.33, as Graham even though they have 144 total points right now, they actually have +8 points compared to Radford because of Pulaski and Blacksburg on the schedule. So, 144 total points is actually more like 152 total points, and dividing that by 6 gives Graham 25.33 ranking, which is ahead of Radford at 25.14. This makes it a photo finish for Graham and Radford in power ranking.

It also means that if Graham wins its final 4 games, it will pull ahead of Ridgeview. Ridgeview and Graham are tied right now, but if both win out, those two games for Graham with Pulaski and Blacksburg would put Graham ahead of Ridgeview in Region D.
I ran final season numbers with my predictions. If Radford and Graham go undefeated it want even be close. Radford finishes 29.2 and Graham at 27.6. I know Graham plays D4 teams but Blacksburg has not won a game and probably want. 2 win Hidden Valley would probably be only chance. They only get 22 for winless Blacksburg where Radford has Glenvar that week and with their wins would get 28. When Graham plays Pulaski they only have 3 wins which puts them at 28 points where Radford plays Floyd and would also get 28 points. Radford still has Glenvar where Graham has one win Marion. With the wins Radfords D2 opponents have they will get more points than the D4 opponents give Graham.

Reactions: toughy299
Can someone clarify who won Alleghany and James River? I may have to correct points. Score stream has Alleghany winning 17-14 in it and that's what I went with but MaxPreps has James River winning 17-14 in ot.
Alleghany in OT, 17-14 won.

Alleghany in OT, 17-14 won.
Thanks. WDBJ7 even had James River as winner. I also ran Ridgeview numbers and have them finishing undefeated at 27.4 only two points behind Graham so only one game of my prediction would have to change for them to be tied with Graham.

I ran final season numbers with my predictions. If Radford and Graham go undefeated it want even be close. Radford finishes 29.2 and Graham at 27.6. I know Graham plays D4 teams but Blacksburg has not won a game and probably want. 2 win Hidden Valley would probably be only chance. They only get 22 for winless Blacksburg where Radford has Glenvar that week and with their wins would get 28. When Graham plays Pulaski they only have 3 wins which puts them at 28 points where Radford plays Floyd and would also get 28 points. Radford still has Glenvar where Graham has one win Marion. With the wins Radfords D2 opponents have they will get more points than the D4 opponents give Graham.
You figuring in one loss VA High into that equation?

Graham and Ridgeview is biting at the heels of the Bobcats and Bulldogs in the power rankings. Lots of football left to be played, but I'm not so sure Radford (if we were to go 10-0) will hold off Graham in the power ratings if the GMen go 10-0. Radford has already played Christiansburg (Class 3) and Carroll County (Class 3). Graham still has Pulaski and Blacksburg which are two Class 4 schools on the schedule. Graham may overtake Radford in power rankings by the end of game 10, which would mean Radford (if we were fortunate enough to win Region C) may end up traveling if Graham comes out of D.
Either way I'd take that short trip over all others. I'm sure you would feel the same.

Either way I'd take that short trip over all others. I'm sure you would feel the same.
Definitely man! I always loved the trips to Bluefield, VA, playing Graham way back in the day because of the Double Gates Hotdogs. Still the best I've ever had. Is that place still open?

Yes in them final numbers I have VA high finishing 8-2 and gave them points to Graham. Still almost 20 behind.
Well, hopefully the Bobcats keep winning and if we do, our season will have to end on our home field, unless we make the title game. Lots of football left and anything can happen. I'm hoping our kids take it one game at a time and don't get ahead of themselves, because that's how you get beat. We can speculate as fans cause it's fun, but for the young men playing, they need to be laser focused and taking it one week at a time.

Radfords
1. George Wythe (5-5) 28
2. Gate City (7-3). 32
3. Fort Chiswell (2-8). 22
4. Galax (8-2). 34
5. Christiansburg (7-3). 34
6. Alleghany (7-3). 32
7. Carroll (1-9). 22
8. Floyd (7-3). 32
9. Glenvar (6-4). 30
10. James River (4-6). 26
Total of 292
Graham
1. Bluefield (2-8). 22
2. Tazewell (7-3). 32
3. Richlands (2-8). 22
4. Union (7-3). 32
5. Galax (8-2). 34
6. George Wythe (5-5). 28
7. Virginia (8-2). 34
8. Pulaski (4-6). 30
9. Blacksburg (0-10). 22
10. Marion (1-9). 20
Total of 276
Ridgeview
1. Burton (6-4). 30
2. Grundy (6-4). 30
3. Central (3-7). 24
4. Lee (6-4). 30
5. Richlands (2-8). 22
6. Union (7-3). 32
7. Battle (1-9). 20
8. Abingdon (5-5). 30
9. Bluefield (2-8). 22
10. Gate City (7-3). 32
Total of 272

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Very intresting year thus far for sure. In my opinion Appo is being over rated for what we are this year. Last nights game against Gretna failed to show me any real improvements as the team is not close to clicking yet. One arm tackles and over running plays along with missing alot of pass plays we have been known for are not happening. Point wise we may end up 3 seed but that wont take us far.

• Wow
Reactions: Raiders Radio
Hawk what do the current points look like if you switch the James River and Alleghany game giving james river the win?

Very intresting year thus far for sure. In my opinion Appo is being over rated for what we are this year. Last nights game against Gretna failed to show me any real improvements as the team is not close to clicking yet. One arm tackles and over running plays along with missing alot of pass plays we have been known for are not happening. Point wise we may end up 3 seed but that wont take us far.
Over rated or not Appo is still 2-3 td favorite over every other team in region C besides Radfords. Chatham had shot to beat Martinsville last night. Same Chatham team Gretna beat and who y'all beat by 36 last night.

Again thanks for doing the points Hawk your the man. Some teams match up better than their points or ranking so i'm just leery of Martinsvile and possibly floyd. Looking forward to the Chatham game as i feel that will be a tough game and i'm licking my lips for some of their hotdogs lol.

Graham has a real possibility of losing the next 2 games. Some key players will be out.

Hope it's not due to injuries.
QB is injured and will hopefully come back in 2 or 3 weeks. A couple of other key players will be held out for a couple of weeks. But Graham could be in danger of losing home field advantage in D, unless they can gut out a couple of victories over the next 2 weeks. Next man up for Graham. We'll see how things transpire.

1. Radford (7-0). 25.143
2. Martinsville (6-0). 25.000
3. Floyd (5-1). 20.333
4. Glenvar (4-3). 18.714
5. Appomattox (4-3). 18.286
6. Alleghany (4-3). 17.714
7. Gretna (2-4). 16.333
8. James River (3-3). 15.667
9. Chatham (3-3). 15.333
10.Dan River (2-4). 14.000
11. Patrick (2-4). 13.500
12. Nelson (1-5). 10.500

1. Graham (6-0). 24.000
2. Ridgeview (6-0). 24.000
3. Virginia (5-1). 22.000
4. Lee (4-2). 20.333
5. Gate City (4-2). 20.000
6. Union (4-3). 17.714
7. Tazewell (4-3). 17.714
8. Central (3-3). 15.500
9. Battle (1-5). 12.833
10. Richlands (1-6). 12.714
11. Marion (1-5) 11.667
A lot of work by you sir. We thank you.

QB is injured and will hopefully come back in 2 or 3 weeks. A couple of other key players will be held out for a couple of weeks. But Graham could be in danger of losing home field advantage in D, unless they can gut out a couple of victories over the next 2 weeks. Next man up for Graham. We'll see how things transpire.
There's more than just injuries at this point. We may have suspensions that go the length of the season and a lot of them. Our season is over.

There's more than just injuries at this point. We may have suspensions that go the length of the season and a lot of them. Our season is over.
Haven't heard any of that, hope that is not the case.

Haven't heard any of that, hope that is not the case.
It would be ridiculous & over the top for what happened. The odd part is it’s rumored an adult from a county rival’s program sent the video to the superintendent which was taken at school & posted by a student who isn’t even a football player. Yes, there was cussing, sexual related stuff, obscenities. Guess what? That’s any high school hallway any day of the week, it’s just not usually videoed & posted. The entire situation is getting blown way out of portion in my opinion. Kids are stupid & do stupid things. Adults taking pleasure in this situation and adding fuel to the fire is sort of obscene in itself.

It would be ridiculous & over the top for what happened. The odd part is it’s rumored an adult from a county rival’s program sent the video to the superintendent which was taken at school & posted by a student who isn’t even a football player. Yes, there was cussing, sexual related stuff, obscenities. Guess what? That’s any high school hallway any day of the week, it’s just not usually videoed & posted. The entire situation is getting blown way out of portion in my opinion. Kids are stupid & do stupid things. Adults taking pleasure in this situation and adding fuel to the fire is sort of obscene in itself.
Agree. Nobody knows much about anything at this point.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Obviously I have no dog in this fight sorta speak and maybe it is being blown out of proportion, but if any of the players involved have any hopes of playing football at the next level, I can guarantee you that any coach who has done his homework on the player and trust me they do, will eventually come across said video and it could ultimately be the difference in that school offering that kid and not. My daughter has ambitions of playing softball in college one day and I preach to her constantly about the importance of social media and also about how to act in general because you never know when someone is recording you these days and that seems to be the case with the Graham players. Hopefully everything will get worked out and these young men learn from this and are able to get back out on the field.

Obviously I have no dog in this fight sorta speak and maybe it is being blown out of proportion, but if any of the players involved have any hopes of playing football at the next level, I can guarantee you that any coach who has done his homework on the player and trust me they do, will eventually come across said video and it could ultimately be the difference in that school offering that kid and not. My daughter has ambitions of playing softball in college one day and I preach to her constantly about the importance of social media and also about how to act in general because you never know when someone is recording you these days and that seems to be the case with the Graham players. Hopefully everything will get worked out and these young men learn from this and are able to get back out on the field.
Agree with this whole-heartedly. No matter what happens in this situation, the kids need to learn a valuable lesson from this. They are kids, after all and kids make mistakes. However, they need to learn from those mistakes.

Reactions: kwhs95fan

you do know that it was posted on YouTube, correct? It’s not like it was a private video meant to be shared with a small circle.

you do know that it was posted on YouTube, correct? It’s not like it was a private video meant to be shared with a small circle.
Not to sound like a smart a$$; if it wasn’t posted on YouTube, we wouldn’t be discussing it, would we? No one would know anything about it. It wasn’t a football player that videoed & posted it. Kids are stupid & those boys were stupid for saying anything on video and yes, they need to realize that crap can come back to bite you if you’re looking to play at the next level. Still being blown way out of proportion!

Agree!

Not to sound like a smart a$$; if it wasn’t posted on YouTube, we wouldn’t be discussing it, would we? No one would know anything about it. It wasn’t a football player that videoed & posted it. Kids are stupid & those boys were stupid for saying anything on video and yes, they need to realize that crap can come back to bite you if you’re looking to play at the next level. Still being blown way out of proportion!
That was a reply to you saying that there was a rumor that someone from a rival school sent the video to the superintendent.
That came off to me like you were making it seem like it was a video being shared around locally & a rival school fan got ahold of it and tried to sabotage the Graham program with it, instead of the reality that it was posted to the largest video sharing website in the world, encouraging people to subscribe to their page to watch it.

If it did get sent to the county superintendent (who has a kid on Graham’s team) yesterday then whoever did that did Graham a big favor. The video was made private (not deleted) with only 500ish views. It could have been seen by many more people. I do want to clarify that the superintendent’s son was absolutely not involved in the video. I hate it for him that he has to be in the middle of all of that.

I don’t mean to come off argumentative towards your sir, but I don’t think you have seen the video. Maybe it’s true that whoever recorded and posted the video wasn’t a football player but there were a few players featured, including a very important one that was in almost every single frame of the video.

Sure, kids will be kids, and they are bound to say dumb things, but some of the words and all of the actions that were implied are “cancelable” offenses in 2022.

I probably already know who it is. I'm not surprised. He's a trash human being.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT