ADVERTISEMENT

Calling it now

Mannnn this team is so frustrating. I don't feel like I can trust them but they are just so talented I think only PH-Roanoke and Louisa can hang with them. Winston and Clarke are about to have some huge games.
I wish you were rite about Louisa but your not they need another year and a little more size. Oh some discipline wouldn’t hurt they get way to many personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties

With the exception of Godwin and Bird everyone else has a shot to win 5C. Nobody is playing particularly well or is hot. There are no juggernaut offenses or defenses. If PH-Roanoke was healthy they would be my choice, but I just don't know. I agree Louisa is a bit too young, but I like Coach Patrick's scheme.

Herm lost a lot to graduation and transfer. A LOT. Gimme the Panthers. Winston will be the difference. Truly believe he’s one of the better RBs in the state.

With the exception of Godwin and Bird everyone else has a shot to win 5C. Nobody is playing particularly well or is hot. There are no juggernaut offenses or defenses. If PH-Roanoke was healthy they would be my choice, but I just don't know. I agree Louisa is a bit too young, but I like Coach Patrick's scheme.
Freeman hasn’t beaten Herm outside of the two down years (2018 and 2019) in a very long time. Herm owns them. I don’t think PH has seen a team like Herm. Take it however but they are a more athletic bootleg version of most Heritage Pioneer teams. Unorthodox and I’m not sure if they even have a game plan going into most games. They take whatever the defense gives them. I think their D-Line is 10x more aggressive than Mataoca’s. They’ll be very hard to gauge but if I had to bet, I’d put my money on Herm.

@BruiserZ, I am a PH-Roanoke graduate and I had the opportunity to see the Patriots twice. Once with their starting QB and once without. Do you think PH-R is healthy enough to make a run in 5C?

I would enjoy seeing the Patriots matchup against some of the RVA teams. To be perfectly honest the only team on PH-R's schedule as good as Freeman, Hermitage, and Matoaca is EC Glass. Salem is actually better than all of them. I surely don't think Bird, Louisa, or Mills Godwin can beat PH-R. I agree with @BoKnowsSports, who knows the Patriots well too. If the Hermitage team that locked horns with Varina shows up they will be a tough out. All of their losses are to good teams (Oscar Smith, Glen Allen, Varina, Highland Springs and Varina).

I said this before and I will say it again. A healthy PH-R team wins the region. Just don't know enough to make that prediction. Not having to travel three hours is surely a great advantage for the Patriots. Good luck on Friday night.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Big talk on here from fans of 6-4 teams
Far from a fan of Herm. I am a Danville native and grew up with Western Valley District ball.

Herm is unorthodox. You have no idea what they’re gonna bring to the table until they show up. They have 2-3 big names but play well by committee. They do just enough to win. Can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like them before.

Call me crazy, but I still think Matoaca has a shot at winning this region. Dinwiddie is a bad match up but if I look at them verse LC Bird, Freeman, and the rest I don't think it is unattainable. I agree Herm certainly has a shot at it too.

coach patrick is the only reason louisa is in this position and i dont always agree with his decisions. his ego can get the best of him sometimes. having said that i wouldnt have any other coach. he saved this program after fisher left and came back and had to retire for his health problems.

A lot of people seem to question Coach Patrick and his decisions. I said in another post I met him in 2019 at the regional final at PHA and we watched and talked football. I was thoroughly impressed with his knowledge, passion, and his kindness. He spoke highly of his team, school, and the community. Mad respect for him. His record is pretty good too. 56- 8 overall in 6 seasons, 6 straight playoff appearances with a 5-5 record. @racindan4u that's a .875 win pct. and Louisa could certainly do a lot worse. There are a ton of schools who would die to have a program with this kind of success and support.

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to question Coach Patrick and his decisions. I said in another post I met him in 2019 at the regional final at PHA and we watched and talked football. I was thoroughly impressed with his knowledge, passion, and his kindness. He spoke highly of his team, school, and the community. Mad respect for him. His record is pretty good too. 56- 8 overall in 6 seasons, 6 straight playoff appearances with a 5-5 record. @racindan4u that's a .875 win pct. and Louisa could certainly do a lot worse. There are a ton of schools who would die to have a program with this kind of success and support.
wait wait wait are you calling me out here.

wait wait wait are you calling me out here.
No sir not at all. You clearly said Coach Patrick was the only reason Louisa was in this position. You just repeated what I have been saying and I am glad you appreciate him. Coach Patrick,'s record speaks for itself. I apologize if I made it sound that way.

No sir not at all. You clearly said Coach Patrick was the only reason Louisa was in this position. You just repeated what I have been saying and I am glad you appreciate him. Coach Patrick,'s record speaks for itself. I apologize if I made it sound that way.
No I guess I took it the wrong way

Sorry @racindan4u, no ill will meant at all. You made yourself very clear about Coach Patrick and after I reread my post I understand why you felt the way you did. Will not happen again. Good luck to the Lions.

Reactions: racindan4u
Call me crazy, but I still think Matoaca has a shot at winning this region. Dinwiddie is a bad match up but if I look at them verse LC Bird, Freeman, and the rest I don't think it is unattainable. I agree Herm certainly has a shot at it too.
Mataoca has the weapons to win this region in Maury fashion. They had me fooled after that first possession. QB was throwing lasers, RB hurdled a Dinwiddie safety, cut back outside to run it 10 more yards for a TD.. I’m thinking this is the best team in RVA.. They looked lethargic as ever after that drive. I thought it was piss poor preparation, execution and effort at times. Talent wise, they look and have flashes of a great team. I thought they were very soft and took plays off. I thought they matched well with Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie could’ve beaten them 64-14.

Matoaca is very good, but I have to agree with you @BoKnowsSports they were a bit undisciplined. Of course I would like to think having an offense run over and around you will sometimes lead to frustration. I thought the Dinwiddie secondary disguised some coverages and pressured their normally accurate QB into making some poor throws as well. If you can shut down Matoaca's running game and run on them they do tend to soften up. In the stands we kept saying if Dinwiddie could get up by 21 the Warriors would fold. Did you see Matoaca lazily walked off the field after each possession. That's culture my friend.

Mataoca has the weapons to win this region in Maury fashion. They had me fooled after that first possession. QB was throwing lasers, RB hurdled a Dinwiddie safety, cut back outside to run it 10 more yards for a TD.. I’m thinking this is the best team in RVA.. They looked lethargic as ever after that drive. I thought it was piss poor preparation, execution and effort at times. Talent wise, they look and have flashes of a great team. I thought they were very soft and took plays off. I thought they matched well with Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie could’ve beaten them 64-14.
A side judge admitted to us that the hurdle was illegal, but he wasn’t watching that portion of the field and therefore didn’t call it. Obviously, none of the officials were watching that portion of the field. And that unsportsmanlike call on Daulton on the TD was pretty weak. But, Tucker all but tackled a receiver and didn’t get called. So, what goes around comes around, I guess.

Not even an ouch. The 1 seed and 2 seed are both eliminated, as well as Herm. That was my point. I thought Herm would give us a better run but we see not.
That region is pathetic! I don’t know what happened to Fleming THIS season,but they were really good the previous 2 seasons and were the biggest threat to Stone Bridge in THAT region.

That region is pathetic! I don’t know what happened to Fleming THIS season,but they were really good the previous 2 seasons and were the biggest threat to Stone Bridge in THAT region.
I think you are mistaking Fleming for another team. Fleming was 9-13 over the previous two seasons.

I think you are mistaking Fleming for another team. Fleming was 9-13 over the previous two seasons.
They had won 6 of 7 before losing to SB last season in the Regionals.

I do think I had Mountain View in mind as their biggest competitor.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT