ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone be on standby for Pick em

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
This weekend? (Results and Standings for both Pick ems, and to post next week's games for both)

It appears Covid has finally found me. I'm doing pretty well, other than feeling like someone kicked me in the sternum with steel toe boots. I will probably do the Pick ems, but I would just like a volunteer(s) to be on deck to take over in the event that things get worse. Thank you in advance for your willingness to help.

• Sad
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
This weekend? (Results and Standings for both Pick ems, and to post next week's games for both)

It appears Covid has finally found me. I'm doing pretty well, other than feeling like someone kicked me in the sternum with steel toe boots. I will probably do the Pick ems, but I would just like a volunteer(s) to be on deck to take over in the event that things get worse. Thank you in advance for your willingness to help.
Nope. Get your ass well. That’s an order. Your job title does not come with sick time.

I’m sure one or more of us will help you out Mike. I do hope you feel better quickly. You are in my prayers.

I'm feeling significantly better today. I think the medication has really helped get rid of the tightness in my chest and the pain when I take deep breaths. I'm still more fatigued than normal, but overall quite a bit better.
Glad to hear that buddy.

Reactions: mike salem
Since you are in a weakened state, can I slip you a six pack of Pabst’s and and a pack of Phillies Blunts, and get off on the cheap this week?
I'm in a weakened state as you say, and now you're trying to kill me with cheap beer and stogies? If I were you I'd prepare for a rough week!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I hope you woke up feeling even better this morning Mike? I don’t guess you will be going to the game tonight?

I hope you woke up feeling even better this morning Mike? I don’t guess you will be going to the game tonight?
If it were just a matter of how I felt, I'd go to the game. I feel pretty good all things considered. But I don't want to potentially spread anything to my friends. I can watch on FB and listen on the radio.

Mike, I hope you are feeling better. Don't push yourself. Your friends here have your back and will help you in any way you need. Just ask. Prayers buddy!
I'm feeling significantly better than I did a couple days ago, so I feel up to doing the Pick em stuff. It will give me something to do as I'm self quarantined for a couple more days. I'll probably go outside tomorrow or Sunday and just get some fresh air.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Get well soon Mike. Last year I was at the height of my Covid sickness when I had my fantasy draft, and I ended up winning the league. So maybe your picks will all be winners this week.

Reactions: mike salem
Get well soon Mike. Last year I was at the height of my Covid sickness when I had my fantasy draft, and I ended up winning the league. So maybe your picks will all be winners this week.
Of course they will. DP sending PBR and cheap cigars will doom us all!!!
looking GIF by South Park

Well I have more good news. I have been cleared to attend the game tonight. I was tested for Covid Wed and today and both were negative. The only symptom I ever had was tightness in the chest and discomfort when I took a deep breath. I haven’t had any symptoms the last 2 days since taking steroids and antibiotics. I just won't go down on the field after the game. Don't want to get around lots of people, coaches, players, this week.

Sending prayers Mike!
Hey gal, have you been making it to the games? I haven’t seen you yet? Stop by the press box this week and get a bowl of chili.

CH, I know you were at the game but you didn’t find me and say hi. Stop by this week or we will ask Coach Mills to suggest a proper punishment!

Mike, I’m glad you kicked COVID’s ass. Good job. Stay healthy young man.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Hey gal, have you been making it to the games? I haven’t seen you yet? Stop by the press box this week and get a bowl of chili.

CH, I know you were at the game but you didn’t find me and say hi. Stop by this week or we will ask Coach Mills to suggest a proper punishment!

Mike, I’m glad you kicked COVID’s ass. Good job. Stay healthy young man.
Actually, I have not made it to a game yet, but I have watched them on the NFHS network. I am planning on being there this week, as long as work doesn't get in the way!!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Actually, I have not made it to a game yet, but I have watched them on the NFHS network. I am planning on being there this week, as long as work doesn't get in the way!!
I understand. I hope you can make it. Come see us if you do.

You know I will! I see it has been moved up to Thursday.
Yep, I got word around 8:00 last night. I like the move. It gives everyone all day Friday to prepare. Hopefully prepare needlessly, but you know, like I do, that it can get ugly quickly when we have a storm move across the state.

And it’s not lost on me that this is another “I” storm. Isabell and Irene are still fresh in my mind. BTW, I saw where 10 different “I” names have been retired since 2001. Let’s hope Ian doesn't become number 11!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT