ADVERTISEMENT

Central Wise 21, Union 13

Massive upset! Puts Ridgeview back in the drivers seat to get the 1 seed in Region 2D as well. From what the majority of Union fans are saying, Central just came to play tonight and Union didn't.

If anyone has a breakdown of this game, I'd love to see it. How in the heck did this happen? Turnovers? All credit to Central for doing whatever they did to get the win.

If anyone has a breakdown of this game, I'd love to see it. How in the heck did this happen? Turnovers? All credit to Central for doing whatever they did to get the win.
Union was already down 1 RB after Paintsville. He is now lost for the year. A 2nd has been nursing an injury since Graham. It seems to have caught up to him last night as he was a non factor and missed lots of plays. That left Polier. Central focused on him at all cost and Union didn't seem to do much else other than give him the ball.

On defense, couldn't stop Central on crucial 3rd down conversions. One was a 3rd and 36 that led to a 60 yard TD run.

When the miscues started it just seemed like they snowballed.

Key BAD plays for Union...

A fumble on our own 12 yard line that led to a Warrior TD.

Another fumble that killed a drive. Recovered, but had to punt.

Int on Central 3 yard line.
Offsides on D as Central was punting from their own endzone to give them a first down and eat up clock in the 4th.

2 bad snaps that led to tackles for loss on 3rd and short.

Long story short...Central came to win, Union came to look pretty and wave at the crowd. The Bears will have to find a way to replace these injured starters and get more kids involved on offense. Polier is a great RB, but he can't do it all when there's 11 guys keying on him and seemingly not much willingness to give carries to others.

We have a few talented RBs that could step in, but they're Freshmen. I guess coach Turner is hesitant to feed them to the lions.

Union was already down 1 RB after Paintsville. He is now lost for the year. A 2nd has been nursing an injury since Graham. It seems to have caught up to him last night as he was a non factor and missed lots of plays. That left Polier. Central focused on him at all cost and Union didn't seem to do much else other than give him the ball.

On defense, couldn't stop Central on crucial 3rd down conversions. One was a 3rd and 36 that led to a 60 yard TD run.

When the miscues started it just seemed like they snowballed.

Key BAD plays for Union...

A fumble on our own 12 yard line that led to a Warrior TD.

Another fumble that killed a drive. Recovered, but had to punt.

Int on Central 3 yard line.
Offsides on D as Central was punting from their own endzone to give them a first down and eat up clock in the 4th.

2 bad snaps that led to tackles for loss on 3rd and short.

Long story short...Central came to win, Union came to look pretty and wave at the crowd. The Bears will have to find a way to replace these injured starters and get more kids involved on offense. Polier is a great RB, but he can't do it all when there's 11 guys keying on him and seemingly not much willingness to give carries to others.

We have a few talented RBs that could step in, but they're Freshmen. I guess coach Turner is hesitant to feed them to the lions.
Wow, what a nightmare. Thanks for posting. I hope the Bears can get somewhat healthy for the playoffs. I'm sorry to hear the player hurt against Paintsville will be out. Polier is a stud though. Maybe the coaching staff can make some adjustments to take some pressure off him. How's the passing game?

Was this a home game for Union?
No. They've never played their best on the road, but especially in Wise. I don't know what it is about playing there, but it's like they suddenly forget everything. I suspect voodoo. Lol

Reactions: Bo Bob
Wow, what a nightmare. Thanks for posting. I hope the Bears can get somewhat healthy for the playoffs. I'm sorry to hear the player hurt against Paintsville will be out. Polier is a stud though. Maybe the coaching staff can make some adjustments to take some pressure off him. How's the passing game?
Hit and miss, literally and figuratively. First year starter. Some passes, zipped in with authority. Others, not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT