ADVERTISEMENT

Central (Woodstock) vs Graham

Hopefully Roberts, Dolan, & Hill bring it along with our other linemen! 🤞I think the game against Appomattox was Dolan’s best game of the year. That kid has a work ethic that would put a lot of adults to shame.
Who's 56? That kid made two of our guys look real bad at times.

I hope you’re right 🤞. I think it will really be a tight game though. Hopefully a clean game with good sportsmanship like the one between Graham & Appo.

Everyone focuses on Clements but Graham went without him for two weeks and didn’t miss a beat. Graham has multiple options on offense although Clements is the crème de la crème. CW as someone noted has a very balanced offense. You know the saying, “Offense wins games, defense wins championships.” The team that can make the adjustments throughout the game, win at the line of scrimmage, limit big plays by the offense will win. Special teams & offense are important but I say this game will be determined by the battle of the defenses! I know zero about CW defense or defensive coaches but I do know Graham’s and I have confidence they’ll game plan well and the boys will know what’s expected of them and execute to the best of their abilities.

In the end, I can’t predict who wins but both teams should hold their heads high when the clock hits 00:00! There are tons of other teams that wish they could have been there but the Falcons & GMen are the ones who made it! Congratulations to both teams! These boys have memories to last a lifetime!
Who did they play those 2 weeks?

One thing that makes me doubt Central are some of their scores. Players out or inconsistency? I would think a senior heavy team wouldn't be inconsistent like that. So theyre SoS is concerning if i were pulling for them.

Having HR6 on here wanting to see teams spread it and throw every down makes me think all might be alright in the world after all. He has been consistent in his quest to abolish run heavy teams, lol. I have to respect that.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I watched Central in the past two weeks, versus Strasburg and Poquoson. They had a considerable size advantage in both games. They have a deep bench and a couple of playmakers on offense.

Strasburg and Poquoson both had success running the ball around the ends, even though they lost. I don't think Central can't defend those runs, I think they are just more committed to taking away the middle. Central uses fairly basic blocking schemes on offense and not a lot of misdirection. They just line up and run or pass. Poquoson did a great job defending against them early in the game, as I expected they would, but Central just ground them into the dirt as the game went on.

If Graham can control the line and get players in space on offense, I think this game might be lopsided. If they can't, this game will be close and go either way. Graham should be favored, but I wouldn't count Yew's boys out. Look for Central to force turnovers early. They did this to Strasburg and it worked.

Graham 28 Central 17
They have a lot more kids to choose from biggest school in the district by far.

Who did they play those 2 weeks?
Several different kids plus back up QB because Meadows was out with broken hand for about a month. Actually one of those two weeks without Clements, they were short about 9 others too, almost entire special teams if I recall correctly & that was against VA High with a healthy Brody Jones at QB for the Bearcats.

Last edited:
Which scores concern you?
Broadway, Clarke and Luray.

What happened in the Strasburg and Luray games where they lost the first meeting and won the 2nd?

Also, i notice a few times that even the games they won they were outgained in total yardage. Are they just good at creating turnovers?

I still have to go from what i seen on video and they look solid esp on offense. Havent seen a lot on defense. Very athletic team.

I noticed they like to go deep or hit the screen in the passing game. Their FB reminds me a little of Devon Johnson that played for Richlands. Looks like theyre a solid team. Shoukd be a good game

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Broadway, Clarke and Luray.

What happened in the Strasburg and Luray games where they lost the first meeting and won the 2nd?

Also, i notice a few times that even the games they won they were outgained in total yardage. Are they just good at creating turnovers?

I still have to go from what i seen on video and they look solid esp on offense. Havent seen a lot on defense. Very athletic team.

I noticed they like to go deep or hit the screen in the passing game. Their FB reminds me a little of Devon Johnson that played for Richlands. Looks like theyre a solid team. Shoukd be a good game

Yes, totally fair to speculate. Obviously there can't be an excuse for every game but here are a few.

Clarke is totally fair. Central was down 14-0 before storming back. They were certainly still finding and identity at that point in the season. Came alive when it mattered.

Broadway game was pouring rain. I know cause I was there. They went up 14-0 I believe quick and once the rain hit it ceased to be a football game. Still, an eight point win over a bad Class 3 team is notably concerning.

First Luray game I 100% chalk up to three onside kick recoveries. Central scored on all four of their possessions before the 4th quarter and were still down 16. Clearly did not work the second time around.

I think Graham wins but I do think Central is quite good, and most importantly they are rolling at the right time, hence their appearance in the state title, regardless or what happened in the regular season.

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/hi...cle_934ba47a-224b-5c6c-bc84-185611403973.html

Nice write up on CW! I enjoyed reading it. They seem confident & ready to go. Hope the GMen are too!
I was surprised they haven’t played on turf all season. That seems crazy to me. I guess that area of the state prefers grass fields.
Not sure how they figure the defense has only given up 14 points in the last 4 games? They've given up 41.
Buckingham - 12
Luray - 12
Strasburg - 7
Poquoson - 10

Last edited:
I willing to bet it was a typo because they have given up 41. At least for me 12+12+7+10=41. If I am Graham I pressure the edge with the running game from the get go and try to break one or two long ones. If you get them down by 14 in the title game never being there before it will basically be a wrap.

Nice video produced by the senior cheerleaders from Graham. These boys are making memories for a lifetime from both schools. No matter the outcome, congratulations to the Falcons and the GMen!
Very True these young men have built a brotherhood for life with their teammates and are making great memories regardless of the outcome. May the best team win tomorrow and everyone come out of it healthy. Good Luck to both teams

Yes, totally fair to speculate. Obviously there can't be an excuse for every game but here are a few.

Clarke is totally fair. Central was down 14-0 before storming back. They were certainly still finding and identity at that point in the season. Came alive when it mattered.

Broadway game was pouring rain. I know cause I was there. They went up 14-0 I believe quick and once the rain hit it ceased to be a football game. Still, an eight point win over a bad Class 3 team is notably concerning.

First Luray game I 100% chalk up to three onside kick recoveries. Central scored on all four of their possessions before the 4th quarter and were still down 16. Clearly did not work the second time around.

I think Graham wins but I do think Central is quite good, and most importantly they are rolling at the right time, hence their appearance in the state title, regardless or what happened in the regular season.
Luray in two games put up over 650 yards rushing on Central and it all did'nt come on 1 onside kick an 1 squib kick,I was there at both games, What killed the Bulldogs was penalties on crucial downs,Central had a hard time stopping them. 100%

While I would like to see Central win because I have friends with kids on the team, I find it fascinating that if they win they would get a state football title before Strasburg.

Discuss this game. Should be a good one for the State Championship
I've seen Central live twice this year and both games I was at Central started off slow, but came out in the second half like a whole new team and took control, they definitely don't want to get behind against G Men, but they don't rattle easily, well coached. Good Luck to all teams playing for titles today

I hope Central goes 3 and out every possession. I despise grind it out teams, that try to run out the clock in the first quarter.
They can throw, believe me, I've seen it......Sophomore quarterback Nick Barahona has thrown for 1,077 yards and 10 touchdowns. Forbes leads the team with 1,101 rushing yards and 22 scores. Senior Ben Walters has 25 catches for 435 yards and four scores, senior Luc Retrosi has 14 catches for 179 yards and two touchdowns and senior Jake Boyce has 14 catches for 327 yards and four scores.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT