ADVERTISEMENT

Charles City 68, King and Queen 0

Charles City is playing great football and hopefully will make the playoffs and turn some heads! Rough night for tge Young Tigers I'm sure these scores are not helping the morale of the team, but I hope they keep fighting and pushing to finish the season and most of them come back next year !

Dre is it true that the game got stopped in the 4th quarter and if so what was the reason?

Yes it's true the game was stopped in the fourth quarter around the five minute mark. One of the CC guys gave KQ a blindside hit. While the hit was clean, it was illegal (let's say late because it was unnecessary and not needed). A flag was thrown and one of the King & Queen coaches came across the field and started yelling at the CC bench (where the player was laying) and accusing the dirty play because of K&Q's roster. CC coach responded and said they had the third string in and a flag was thrown on the play. Coaches yelled back and forth before referees got in between the teams as well as deputies. Referees called the game as it was out of hand and K&Q didn't want to lose any more players.

Wow. Crazy way to end the game. Hope everyone is ok from both sides and was there any suspensions ? I know the referees would have to report such.

The player who delivered the hit was ejected for targeting, but CC is planning to appeal it and will probably win it. It was a shoulder hit and not leading with the head.

It's crazy to end the game but it's similar to what happened with CC against WP last year. When a team is dominating and the other team isn't trying like they should, it's safer to end the game early then to endanger the kids.

Reactions: kqtiger05
Charles City is playing great football and hopefully will make the playoffs and turn some heads! Rough night for tge Young Tigers I'm sure these scores are not helping the morale of the team, but I hope they keep fighting and pushing to finish the season and most of them come back next year !
Very good to see Charles City having some success. I have a rather nostalgic attachment to you folks; I was born and raised down in Georgia, and had a great aunt who lived in Charles City County. When I turned 16 I got to drive my grandmother there every summer for her month or 2 visit with my Aunt Mary.
I am now retired and live near Natural Bridge and follow Parry McClure for my high school football fix. It would be very special for me personally if PM and CC met up in the playoffs. Good luck to y'all this year. I'll be keeping up with 'em.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Very good to see Charles City having some success. I have a rather nostalgic attachment to you folks; I was born and raised down in Georgia, and had a great aunt who lived in Charles City County. When I turned 16 I got to drive my grandmother there every summer for her month or 2 visit with my Aunt Mary.
I am now retired and live near Natural Bridge and follow Parry McClure for my high school football fix. It would be very special for me personally if PM and CC met up in the playoffs. Good luck to y'all this year. I'll be keeping up with 'em.

Charles City traveled to Parry McCluer in 2013. That three-headed running back trio that included Ryheem Dawson (as a sophomore then) was painful. Parry McCluer just too strong for the Panthers during that matchup.

Charles City traveled to Parry McCluer in 2013. That three-headed running back trio that included Ryheem Dawson (as a sophomore then) was painful. Parry McCluer just too strong for the Panthers during that matchup.
My first year here was '14, which was Raheem's senior year. And yea, he was a standout to be sure. However, his younger brother is a 10th grader this year, and he might be better than Raheem before he is through. They lost a game 3 weeks ago, but I think it as a good loss because they have kicked it up a few notches since then and have been just playing lights out.
I'll be on the lookout for you on here the rest of the season. Take care of yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT