ADVERTISEMENT

Charlottesville 68 Harrisonburg 65

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Charlottesville overcomes 6 pt halftime deficit (37-31) and 10 pt 4th quarter deficit(49-39) to best Harrisonburg. Junior Guard Zymir Faulkner continues his sensational scoring season (20ppg) with a game high 30, including 18 4th quarter points. Black Knights improve to 9-0. Sets up huge 3C clash against Western Albemarle (9-1) on Tuesday Jan 7 @ CHS.

Last edited:
Charlottesville overcomes 6 pt halftime deficit (37-31) and 10 pt 4th quarter deficit(49-39) to best Harrisonburg. Junior Guard Zymir Faulkner continues his sensational scoring season (20ppg) with a game high 30, including 18 4th quarter points. Black Knights improve to 10-0. Sets up huge 3C clash against Western Albemarle (10-1) on Tuesday Jan 7 @ CHS.

If you haven't had a chance to see this young man, here are his Daily Progress Holiday Tourney Championship Highlights. This is only game all season he didn't make 3 pt basket. He was 0-3 early and starting to get to the basket from then on. Go Black Knights!

If you haven't had a chance to see this young man, here are his Daily Progress Holiday Tourney Championship Highlights. This is only game all season he didn't make 3 pt basket. He was 0-3 early and starting to get to the basket from then on. Go Black Knights!

I saw Faulkner last year and I knew he and Bowling would form one of the best shooting tandems in the state of Virginia (regardless of class). They were very young last year but tough as nails. Good luck stopping these guys on the road to Richmond, THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY!!!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I expect Northside and Western to challenge Charlottesville this year in the west. Lakeland or Armstrong is my favorite to come out of the east.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Was just about to edit the post and place those two! In order I’d say 1. WA 2. Cave Spring and 3. Spotswood are going to be CHS’s biggest challenges but I still have the Black Knights coming out of the West!

I am just very curious as to how the Region 3C seeding will turn out. The last thing I want is to play Western or Spotswood before the championship. We have a lot of tough games coming up and I think Spotswood's schedule is easier as the year winds down, and Western is very very good so those 3 will be battling it out for the #1 seed. And since the region takes from 3 districts the highest rated Seminole team (likely Heritage) will automatically get a high seed, so I think either CHS or Western, whichever does worse, could be on the road to start the playoffs.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
They actually changed the way seeding is done this year. It’s done like football, with power ratings. So in 3C, CHS and Western could conceivably be the # 1 and # 2 seed if they play well enough.

No more top seed from each district makes up seeds 1-3. Now the top teams regardless of district are seeded according to record/ strength of schedule

They actually changed the way seeding is done this year. It’s done like football, with power ratings. So in 3C, CHS and Western could conceivably be the # 1 and # 2 seed if they play well enough.

No more top seed from each district makes up seeds 1-3. Now the top teams regardless of district are seeded according to record/ strength of schedule

Thank Heaven. Thanks! Well then the playoffs should be very interesting indeed.

So for basketball power points, is it 7 points for a win, zero for a loss, and then one extra point for every division up you play?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT