ADVERTISEMENT

Clarke 33 Buffalo Gap 7 END OF 3Q

Which way more on CC or BG
More against Clarke, but about every other play had a flag. Delay of Game was called unusually often. I think the official was starting the play clock prematurely.

One play in particular had me scratching my head. Gap had 4th and 15 and gets stuffed on a 2 yard loss. I don't know if it had occurred during the play or after, and maybe that matters, but both teams were flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. I was expecting the down to be replayed, 4th and 15 or turnover on downs to Clarke, depending on when the infractions occurred. Instead, Gap gets a fresh set of downs on the same spot. Is this correct or did the officials totally blow it?

More against Clarke, but about every other play had a flag. Delay of Game was called unusually often. I think the official was starting the play clock prematurely.

One play in particular had me scratching my head. Gap had 4th and 15 and gets stuffed on a 2 yard loss. I don't know if it had occurred during the play or after, and maybe that matters, but both teams were flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. I was expecting the down to be replayed, 4th and 15 or turnover on downs to Clarke, depending on when the infractions occurred. Instead, Gap gets a fresh set of downs on the same spot. Is this correct or did the officials totally blow it?
I’m fairly sure the play should have been played over. Would assume off setting penalties. When I was coaching, we always kept an eye on the official starting the clock. Any consolation I watched a game out here in East Tennessee last night. Some crazy damn things out of officials. To many officials conferencing after plays. Seems like not sure on rules. Hopefully will improve but after four weeks (out here in Tn), you would think could get their rear ends in gear.

Reactions: obguthr
Clarke has always been known for holding. They are subtle about it. Very well coached to make it less obvious. Everyone in the Valley knows it. When they play at home the coaches are constantly yelling “hold” anytime the opponent has a good play. It takes an experienced ref to withstand the contant requests for calls throughout a game. I’m guessing Gap shared some tape with the association.

So.. when you go on the road and get nailed for holding and other penalties, no one should be surprised.

Reactions: obguthr
Clarke has always been known for holding. They are subtle about it. Very well coached to make it less obvious. Everyone in the Valley knows it. When they play at home the coaches are constantly yelling “hold” anytime the opponent has a good play. It takes an experienced ref to withstand the contant requests for calls throughout a game. I’m guessing Gap shared some tape with the association.

So.. when you go on the road and get nailed for holding and other penalties, no one should be surprised.
Very true. Have a friend who coached offensive line many years. He told me many years ago his kids were so good at holding they took it as a badge of honor when they got caught. 😂😂 You right good officials will have a deaf ear to the sidelines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT