ADVERTISEMENT

Clarke County (2a) vs Millbrook (4a)

Special teams miscues (where and to whom the ball is kicked to) and speed to the outside (offense and defense) will decide this game. The teams will be evenly matched when playing inside the tackles.

Speed to the outside did in Clarke, they couldn't stop the sweeps Millbrook ran in the second half. #23 of Millbrook has exceptional speed and made some of the best open field moves I've seen in a high school game. Plus, two fumbles by Clarke in the first half completely changed the momentum of the game.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Clarke did just fine last year, playing in the state title game, but Appo was by far the fastest team Clarke played last year, and for that matter, maybe the fastest team ever played by Clarke. The Millbrook team Clarke played tonight is fast, but not nearly as fast overall as last year's Appo team. Clarke will have a nice season, but once playoffs roll around, the lack of speed certainly won't help.

Speed to the outside did in Clarke, they couldn't stop the sweeps Millbrook ran in the second half. #23 of Millbrook has exceptional speed and made some of the best open field moves I've seen in a high school game. Plus, two fumbles by Clarke in the first half completely changed the momentum of the game.
23 was Savon Smith, and that kid is only a Sophomore!!! He burned Clarke's defense bad. Left jock straps hanging at the knees. Turnovers killed us, but in the fourth quarter, Clarke went to "the passing game" (If you want to call it that, because they have none to speak of whatsoever). When Clarke switches from the run, they've given up.

Speed to the outside hurt Clarke along with the 2 turnovers. I think Clarke will be fine pretty good up front on both sides of the ball and a good running game got to work on the passing. And #60 from Clarke this kid is the real deal seen him beat double team blocks all night and make the tackle. #55 and #52 are very good against the run up the middle too.

Speed to the outside hurt Clarke along with the 2 turnovers. I think Clarke will be fine pretty good up front on both sides of the ball and a good running game got to work on the passing. And #60 from Clarke this kid is the real deal seen him beat double team blocks all night and make the tackle. #55 and #52 are very good against the run up the middle too.

60 is Bryan Wallace, I posted excerpts from an article about him a couple of months ago. He's a beast. 55 is his older brother Josh. The Wallace family has been great for Clarke's football and wrestling teams. 52 is Dusty Shepherd and he's listed at 300.

Clarke had decent speed last year. They are slow as molasses this year and their passing game is worse. Interiors are strong though which will help them advance a round or two in the playoffs.

60 is Bryan Wallace, I posted excerpts from an article about him a couple of months ago. He's a beast. 55 is his older brother Josh. The Wallace family has been great for Clarke's football and wrestling teams. 52 is Dusty Shepherd and he's listed at 300.
Wallace kids aren't related

Clarke had decent speed last year. They are slow as molasses this year and their passing game is worse. Interiors are strong though which will help them advance a round or two in the playoffs.
2 d1 running backs on Millbrook certainly helped their cause. Clarke was controlling the game until they fumbled 2 times in 3 minutes to close the half. Clarke could have very easily been up 14-0. Instead shot themselves in the foot and was down 14-7...that's how it goes.

2 d1 running backs on Millbrook certainly helped their cause. Clarke was controlling the game until they fumbled 2 times in 3 minutes to close the half. Clarke could have very easily been up 14-0. Instead shot themselves in the foot and was down 14-7...that's how it goes.
I would say that Millbrook had a hand in forcing those turnovers. That's how it goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT