ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Ferebee to Vance HS (NC)

Aug 28, 2012
Just saw that Coach Ferebee from Indian River has accepted the HC position at Vance HS in Charlotte. I don’t know much about Indian River but the little bit I have read about what Coach Ferebee, seems like he did a stellar job there. The team he is inheriting at Vance is loaded, especially on defense with an All American LB in Power Echols. Vance was the 4AA runner up in NC (lost 9-7 on a last minute safety), and competes in the toughest conference in NC by a mile (Same Conference that Mooresville and former Blacksburg coach, Coach Wells, competes in).

Just saw that Coach Ferebee from Indian River has accepted the HC position at Vance HS in Charlotte. I don’t know much about Indian River but the little bit I have read about what Coach Ferebee, seems like he did a stellar job there. The team he is inheriting at Vance is loaded, especially on defense with an All American LB in Power Echols. Vance was the 4AA runner up in NC (lost 9-7 on a last minute safety), and competes in the toughest conference in NC by a mile (Same Conference that Mooresville and former Blacksburg coach, Coach Wells, competes in).

Thanks for the insight... I am more interested to see what happens at Indian River now. I wonder how many will transfer to Smith now with Chris Scott working the horn. Geeesh

Reactions: MooresvilleDevil06
I agree, but it seems like kids were leaving Scott's Bishop Sullivan team for Maury HS or other area schools last year. I. River definitely was gaining transfers left & right, too.

To this point, I haven't heard/seen much heading toward Smith after Scott's hiring. The biggest news for the Tiger's to this point: Joe Bray (Beast @ RB), he reclassified & transferred to St Francis A. in Baltimore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT