ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Magenbauer gets win #150 at Salem

Averages a 9-1 regular season and a 2-1 PO record. That's stellar coaching. Really happy he was able to take those boys and put together this recent run and stake his own claim. A portion of Salem fans had long questioned Mags as a coach, claiming that his '04 and '05 titles were "Willis' kids" (this is dumb anyway, it's not like they're recruited like a college, those kids would be Mags' regardless) and since he hadn't put together a title team after '05 he wasn't like Willis but I think that opinion was taken out back and snuffed after recent years.

Great guy, never hear a bad word about him, and a great coach for those kids on and off the field as I've heard a few things he's done for players through the years. My personal favorite is how calm and collected he is, I can't stand having some loud jackass thumping up and down the sidelines ranting and raving when things don't go his way. Mags takes the good and the bad equally and his kids follow his lead, which I think often saves Salem when they are up against the wall in some games.

'04- 13-1
'05 14-0
'06 11-1
'07 12-1
'08 9-3
'09 11-1
'10 7-4
'11 8-4
'12 12-1
'13 11-3
'14 14-1
'15 14-0
'16 13-1
'17 1-0

150-21
As long as Salem has him, they will always be good. He is awesome and his players respect him

Reactions: mike salem
As long as Salem has him, they will always be good. He is awesome and his players respect him
People respect him in general, not just his players. He and his staff and the players have all been so good to me. I will never forget Coach telling me to come over after the state game and they let me hold the state trophy in a picture with the coaches. Whenever the coaches see me they take the time to talk to me and see how I am doing. They are class acts and they really deserve the accolades. The players are talented, hard working, and buy into a proven system of playing as a team.

I was impressed with Amherst they should be really tough in the Seminole and the state if they can play a whole game like they did the 1st half. They really dominated the LOS & TOP 1st half. Salem really had to make changes with personnel and play calls. Salem gained momentum in the 2nd half and the turnover near the goal line seemed to be the real game changer. GL to the Lancers going forward.

People respect him in general, not just his players. He and his staff and the players have all been so good to me. I will never forget Coach telling me to come over after the state game and they let me hold the state trophy in a picture with the coaches. Whenever the coaches see me they take the time to talk to me and see how I am doing. They are class acts and they really deserve the accolades. The players are talented, hard working, and buy into a proven system of playing as a team.

I was impressed with Amherst they should be really tough in the Seminole and the state if they can play a whole game like they did the 1st half. They really dominated the LOS & TOP 1st half. Salem really had to make changes with personnel and play calls. Salem gained momentum in the 2nd half and the turnover near the goal line seemed to be the real game changer. GL to the Lancers going forward.
Actually Amherst fans were saying that Coach Mags would make adjustments and that is what he did

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT