ADVERTISEMENT

Conference 26/28 standings 3A East (Unofficial)

longest yard

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2003
1. Hopewell- 24.7778
2. Brentsville District- 24.0
3. James Monroe- 23.6667
4. William Monroe- 20.5556
5. Thomas Jefferson - 19.625
6. Petersburg- 19.1111
7. George Wythe- 18.2222
8. Culpeper- 17.4445

9. Skyline- 16.2224

Petersburg at JM, the sequel,Petersburg va football and maxpreps
would be interesting. I would give JM the nod the second time too. But, I think it will be a fairly close game.

Petersburg is a scary 2-7 team.

Just to understand the new conference playoffs with 26/28 and 25/27, each of the paired conferences take the top 8. That totals the 16 total teams. If one of the paired conferences has a 9th team with a higher power point rating than a team in the other paired conferences, that 9th team does not get in. Is that correct?

Like right now, New Kent(25/27) has a higher rating than Culpeper(26/28). Since there are 8 teams ahead of New Kent in conference 25/27, they don't get in and Culpeper does even though they are behind New Kent in the power point top 16?
I hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Just to understand the new conference playoffs with 26/28 and 25/27, each of the paired conferences take the top 8. That totals the 16 total teams. If one of the paired conferences has a 9th team with a higher power point rating than a team in the other paired conferences, that 9th team does not get in. Is that correct?

Like right now, New Kent(25/27) has a higher rating than Culpeper(26/28). Since there are 8 teams ahead of New Kent in conference 25/27, they don't get in and Culpeper does even though they are behind New Kent in the power point top 16?
I hope that makes sense. Thanks.

I think the top 3 are locked in.

Hopewell will be #1 with a win over Prince George. With a loss and wins by JM and BDHS, Hopewell could lose that top spot.

JM will outpoint Brentsville this week if they both win. JM plays a 6 win 4A team and BDHS plays a 3 win 3A team, I don't think the riders will have that much of a difference.

4-6 could shuffle this week. PHS, Will Monroe and TJ are all within a point of one another. WMHS plays Strasburg...that's a 50/50 game I would think. TJ-Richmond plays Deep Run and Petersburg plays a winnable game vs. Colonial Heights. The kicker here is that TJ-Richmond only plays 9 games, so whatever total they have is divided by 9, which helps them.

7-8 is interesting. I think by playing bigger schools, Wythe holds on to that 7th spot (regardless of the Huguenot result) if Culpeper loses to Brentsville. Culpeper is seemingly playing for a playoff berth. Skyline is right on their heels and plays a winnable game vs. Warren County. If Skyline wins, I believe they are in and CCHS is out (if CCHS loses to Brentsville).

Also, if Warren County wins over Skyline, it'll be REALLY close with Culpeper. Warren may sneak in over CCHS as well, but it'll come down to riders.

It'll be a fun week for the region. A lot of sweating it out and number crunching on Friday night for the lower seeded teams. Culpeper should be in must-win mode this week vs. BDHS. Good luck to all teams.

I think the top 3 are locked in.

Hopewell will be #1 with a win over Prince George. With a loss and wins by JM and BDHS, Hopewell could lose that top spot.

JM will outpoint Brentsville this week if they both win. JM plays a 6 win 4A team and BDHS plays a 3 win 3A team, I don't think the riders will have that much of a difference.

4-6 could shuffle this week. PHS, Will Monroe and TJ are all within a point of one another. WMHS plays Strasburg...that's a 50/50 game I would think. TJ-Richmond plays Deep Run and Petersburg plays a winnable game vs. Colonial Heights. The kicker here is that TJ-Richmond only plays 9 games, so whatever total they have is divided by 9, which helps them.

7-8 is interesting. I think by playing bigger schools, Wythe holds on to that 7th spot (regardless of the Huguenot result) if Culpeper loses to Brentsville. Culpeper is seemingly playing for a playoff berth. Skyline is right on their heels and plays a winnable game vs. Warren County. If Skyline wins, I believe they are in and CCHS is out (if CCHS loses to Brentsville).

Also, if Warren County wins over Skyline, it'll be REALLY close with Culpeper. Warren may sneak in over CCHS as well, but it'll come down to riders.

It'll be a fun week for the region. A lot of sweating it out and number crunching on Friday night for the lower seeded teams. Culpeper should be in must-win mode this week vs. BDHS. Good luck to all teams.
Culpeper will lose to Brenstville......lost last year and Brenstville is much better this year.

Reactions: OCBoy
You leave out Manassas Park. They are actually above Skyline, although their season is done. Is it because Culpeper can't drop below them with a loss? Warren County will pass them with a win? Just wondering.

You leave out Manassas Park. They are actually above Skyline, although their season is done. Is it because Culpeper can't drop below them with a loss? Warren County will pass them with a win? Just wondering.

MP is done with 166 points. They can only get additional riders.
Culpeper has 157 right now. With a loss, they'll get 8 + 8 = 173, then additional riders.
Skyline has 148 right now. With a win, they get 20 + 4 = 172, then any additional riders.

After running numbers, CCHS will probably stay ahead of MP and Warren, but if Skyline wins, they may sneak in if things fall their way.

Latest rankings only show Skyline with 147. Assuming the teams that are big favorites win, the only way I see Skyline beating out Culpeper is if Handley beats James Wood, and Strasburg beats William Monroe. If one of those does not happen, then they would tie. I have no idea how tiebreakers work, so I would be stumped at that point.

Latest rankings only show Skyline with 147. Assuming the teams that are big favorites win, the only way I see Skyline beating out Culpeper is if Handley beats James Wood, and Strasburg beats William Monroe. If one of those does not happen, then they would tie. I have no idea how tiebreakers work, so I would be stumped at that point.

Good call. I believe if they are tied, Culpeper wins it because they beat Manassas Park and Skyline lost to MP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT