ADVERTISEMENT

congratulations to lake Taylor they were the better team today

congratulations to Lake Taylor they are very deserving of state title. Salem hold your head up you've been through this before and also remember you came in second place in 4a awesome year we are proud of you all

Better team today? Let's not be grandiose. Salem was no match for Lake Taylor. They could play LT 10 times and they would lose all 10. Salem had a great year but their team was no where is good as LT.

Originally posted by DanvilleSportsHead:
Better team today? Let's not be grandiose. Salem was no match for Lake Taylor. They could play LT 10 times and they would lose all 10. Salem had a great year but their team was no where is good as LT.
Wish we could find out if that were true. You know what they say about opinions right?

Let's not get carried away, Danville. Clayborne's turnovers, LT's punt return, a few assignment breakdowns by Salem's defense, an injured Fox, Salem's playcalling and LT's Quinerly were the difference makers. I say a healthy Salem would split with LT 5-5.

simply said Danville we knew all year that Lake Taylor was the team to beat.10 out of 10 games thats fine we'd rather play for a state title each year and get beat then not be playing in one at all. The truth of matter is you win some you lose some that's football plain and simple.

Originally posted by DanvilleSportsHead:
No, like I said let's not be grandiose. LT was better than any team in 4a North on LT's bad day. Let's not make excuses.
They were better than any team in 4a and probably in 5a as well.

10 straight is as delusional as 5-5. 9-1 because any given day or 8-2 maybe even 7-3 if Fox is 100% healthy. From the very first drive where LT drove it for a touchdown they took the measure of Salem's talent, physicality and speed and I doubt they felt really threatened from that point forward, even when Salem got a 10-7 lead off the fumbled pitch. As big, as strong, if not stronger, and significantly faster is usually a winning combination.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT