ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Phoebus

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Awesome team performance today! Speed on display all over the field. Defense was lights out as usual. Offense was very impressive too. Anybody catch Jordan Bass yet? I used to have an Atari football game that had a glitch where you could run the opposite way if someone got by you and come through the opposite screen to make the tackle. That might have been the only way to tackle Bass today. Looking forward to the Phantoms being in C4 again.

I agree Mike. I was fortunate to have a good view of the final. Your quarterback was dropping dimes with throws (in the air) from 40-50 yards. The running back was very elusive and the receiving corps was nasty. With all that being said let me announce the game MVP for Phoebus. #70 disrupted Heritages entire offense. He lived in the backfield and played with excellent technique. I didn't see the final stats, but he must have earned 8 tfl's. Hope to see you guys in next year. Well done Phantoms you have earned the right to crow.

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
Thank you so much! Much respect to all the Class 3 teams. Phoebus has learned some valuable lessons over the years while in this class. This is one of the toughest classes in VA. Good luck to all the great 3A programs such as Heritage, LCA, Brookville, Brentsville District, Lord Botetourt, Magna Vista, Hopewell, Goochland, James Monroe, Lafayette, and Lake Taylor just to name a few. It will still be as competitive as ever. As Phoebus transitions to Class 4, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on things in Class 3. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT