ADVERTISEMENT

Couldn't Happen to Better Duo

Maroon-Gold

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2017
I was pulling for Heritage just because they were from the Seminole District. But that was the only reason. I am not a Bradley fan nor a Burt Torrence fan. Bradley will run the score up on you in a minute. He will leave a school when the talent runs thin. Example William Campbell, Amelia, Patrick Henry. Torrence gets let go from Northside lets say for illegal judgements.
And Brad hires him as a asst. Coach. Nice thinking there. I hope the Davis kid goes to JMU and shines. He is a good kid.
If you can not win with that group Brad feel sorry for you.

I was pulling for Heritage just because they were from the Seminole District. But that was the only reason. I am not a Bradley fan nor a Burt Torrence fan. Bradley will run the score up on you in a minute. He will leave a school when the talent runs thin. Example William Campbell, Amelia, Patrick Henry. Torrence gets let go from Northside lets say for illegal judgements.
And Brad hires him as a asst. Coach. Nice thinking there. I hope the Davis kid goes to JMU and shines. He is a good kid.
I agree not a Bradley fan

Yep that's two good ones coaching together best team Heritage has had in years and those two still blew it. That being said though congrats to all the Heritage kids on a great season.

Just from a visual standpoint I don't think much of either of them. Bradley runs around like a freaking lunatic the whole game. Mean while Torrence can be heard yelling no matter the volume in the stadium. Literally the whole game No matter the score. I have no doubt that they know the game well and are good coaches, but both of their body language leaves alot to be desired.

Bradley has won with his group. They lost today, but they lost close in the state title game to a team that's simply better. Not a bad showing by Heritage or Bradley. I don't anything about the personal stuff

Just from a visual standpoint I don't think much of either of them. Bradley runs around like a freaking lunatic the whole game. Mean while Torrence can be heard yelling no matter the volume in the stadium. Literally the whole game No matter the score. I have no doubt that they know the game well and are good coaches, but both of their body language leaves alot to be desired.
I agree

Bradley has won with his group. They lost today, but they lost close in the state title game to a team that's simply better. Not a bad showing by Heritage or Bradley. I don't anything about the personal stuff

I agree with this. Bradley and Torrence are great coaches. Most of y’all are mad because they’ve whooped your team. Don’t take it too personal. Don’t use this game as an opportunity to bash them like this. They did a good job with their group this year.

I agree with this. Bradley and Torrence are great coaches. Most of y’all are mad because they’ve whooped your team. Don’t take it too personal. Don’t use this game as an opportunity to bash them like this. They did a good job with their group this year.
Not mad because he whoooed any team just saying that we are not a fan. The only game people people remember is the state

Bradley is an animated guy that’s his personality, since his days at WC, a rich rod disciple in his offense strategy and more you can see a brash attitude. It’s a hate it or love it approach but the man can coach, he loves the kids he’s there for and I don’t think his antics are for you it’s for them. Since he arrived heritage has made two state title appearances, the previous coaches had one and none. I don’t know Torrence other then what I saw as an opposing player.

Bradley can coach and he has certain teams he should be coaching and ones he shouldn't. When Willis White stepped down Bradley threw his name in the hat as well but he was not a fit to lead the Spartans and it's beyond obvious now, of course, that Salem chose correctly with Mags. That said, I can certainly see how his style of coaching can rub people the wrong way and I don't particularly disagree.

Torrance can take a high dive into a shallow pool, though. Dirty coach through and through.

Reactions: wikki
You started a thread to bash coaches that beat your team twice? Why didn't you bash them after the first or second time brookville lost to them. As with any coach I doubt they care what the keyboarders have to say. @wikki, sometimes you like Brad because he jumps up and down and sometimes you don't, I can't follow!?

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
You started a thread to bash coaches that beat your team twice? Why didn't you bash them after the first or second time brookville lost to them. As with any coach I doubt they care what the keyboarders have to say. @wikki, sometimes you like Brad because he jumps up and down and sometimes you don't, I can't follow!?
I like his passion that’s it. But he comes across as arrogant to other coaches, heard it many times including tonight actually. Didn’t like his antics at Salem the year they beat them at Salem. I’m sure many Salem fans did not forget

I like his passion that’s it. But he comes across as arrogant to other coaches, heard it many times including tonight actually. Didn’t like his antics at Salem the year they beat them at Salem. I’m sure many Salem fans did not forget

Shameful display. That guy was an idol of mine growing up when he was playing for Salem, I even brought a poster to a game or two with his name on it. I went to the football games to watch Brad Bradley play, I couldn't tell you the name of another player on that team those years. Salem was his home, seeing him turn his back on it was sad.

As far as things go now, well, Heritage should be thrilled they dropped down to 3A.

Last edited:
Brookville has a lot more Championship trophy’s in there trophy case then heritage Just saying. Top to Bottom this was by far the best team to come through the area in a long time and they Coked . They rode Davis all year and u see what happen when he went out . Davis made Bradley look good just like Cedric Peerman did when he was at WC .

Brookville has a lot more Championship trophy’s in there trophy case then heritage Just saying. Top to Bottom this was by far the best team to come through the area in a long time and they Coked . They rode Davis all year and u see what happen when he went out . Davis made Bradley look good just like Cedric Peerman did when he was at WC .

Lol, I don’t have a dog in the fight but if you don’t have jimmies and joes it doesn’t matter....Devon Bolling, Logan Thomas, Korren Kirven, Zach McCray says hello! Woody and Bradley have won wherever they have been. Jimmie and Joes matter!

Reactions: VolNation85
I’ll have to say that Davis is no where near the running back Cedric was. I’ve always been a Bradley fan since his WC days. He gets the most out of his kids every play. Heritage looked very one diminutional in my opinion. It wasn’t the flashy offense that I’ve been use seeing from Bradley. Maybe it was just quarterback play wasn’t as good.

I’ll have to say that Davis is no where near the running back Cedric was. I’ve always been a Bradley fan since his WC days. He gets the most out of his kids every play. Heritage looked very one diminutional in my opinion. It wasn’t the flashy offense that I’ve been use seeing from Bradley. Maybe it was just quarterback play wasn’t as good.

Just look at Blake’s stats from the game. Very telling, some where drops but most were bad throws...imo.

It's hard to believe that Terrence got the wrong QB to come in. He is usually pretty good at getting your schools best player.

Not a Brad B fan. Just haven't like him since his WC days for the mere fact of him running up scores, quotes in the paper, and persona he gives off.
I do love his passion for the game and for the kids. His players love him and he gets the most from them. He brings an exciting energy to the game.
Would never in a million years trade Coach Smith for him though.

Just look at Blake’s stats from the game. Very telling, some where drops but most were bad throws...imo.
It's hard to believe that Terrence got the wrong QB to come in. He is usually pretty good at getting your schools best player.
Heritage better hope he improves before next season, or the back up running back is a stud. It could be a long season

Reactions: Timberlake1985
Not a Brad B fan. Just haven't like him since his WC days for the mere fact of him running up scores, quotes in the paper, and persona he gives off.
I do love his passion for the game and for the kids. His players love him and he gets the most from them. He brings an exciting energy to the game.
Not 100% sure about this, but I’ve always heard he scored as many points as possible for seeding reasons. The more points you scored, the better it was for you. Obviously the system is different now but that is what I’ve always been told.

Not 100% sure about this, but I’ve always heard he scored as many points as possible for seeding reasons. The more points you scored, the better it was for you. Obviously the system is different now but that is what I’ve always been told.

Point system based on wins, losses and against what level of competition not actual points scored in games.

Reactions: VolNation85

Well that's never been the case

I agree
that is my take on him. Passion but his persona is not good

I’m referencing back to the 2000s when he won two state titles. I certainly know that isn’t the case now.

That's why I said that's never been the case. I dont know the coach to have an opinion, but what you said sounds like trying to justify embarrassing another team, and points scored or margin of victory has never been part of the equation

That's why I said that's never been the case. I dont know the coach to have an opinion, but what you said sounds like trying to justify embarrassing another team, and points scored or margin of victory has never been part of the equation
Appreciate the information. It was nothing for WC to put up 70 or 80. In 2002 state title game, if I remember correctly WC beat Appalachia 80-0.

Appreciate the information. It was nothing for WC to put up 70 or 80. In 2002 state title game, if I remember correctly WC beat Appalachia 80-0.

But almost all coaches make sure they don't do that. And that kind of contradicts the doing it for seeding since they did that in championship game

But almost all coaches make sure they don't do that. And that kind of contradicts the doing it for seeding since they did that in championship game
Agree 100%. Showing someone up is not a very good way to be. You aren’t making yourself look good by any means.

Appalachia beat Middlsex 72-6 or something similar in state championship in 94 nobody said anything.

Last edited:
I've never known of a system like this being in place for VHSL. How may points you score has never been a factor in playoff seeding.

Reactions: mike salem
I've never known of a system like this being in place for VHSL. How may points you score has never been a factor in playoff seeding.
It has been a very long time and not sure when it changed but, points/point differentials were one of the tiebreaker in the case of ratings scale point ties. Before there were the rider points, six classifications and multiple games between opponents from multiple classes ratings point ties were more likely than now. Not saying that excuses running up a score in a championship game anyway as that is last game of the season but, at one time points were a tiebreaker. I do not believe it was first tiebreaker nor was it the eighth or lower, somewhere in between.

Reactions: 4th_andgoal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT