ADVERTISEMENT

Courtland 39 JM 13

courtlandcougars1987

VaPreps Rookie
Jun 12, 2015
Young cougar RB EJ Rogers goes for 5 TD"s and 254 rushing yards. Cougars came ready to play and finish 3-3. They will be the favorite in the fall and will be bolstered by another undefeated JV team. What a weird 6 games, the team is both physicaly and mentaly drained as most other teams are as well.

Young cougar RB EJ Rogers goes for 5 TD"s and 254 rushing yards. Cougars came ready to play and finish 3-3. They will be the favorite in the fall and will be bolstered by another undefeated JV team. What a weird 6 games, the team is both physicaly and mentaly drained as most other teams are as well.
I'm curious on your statement with them being the favorites in the fall. Favorites for what? Battlefield district champions? Their JV was good last year as well but did not carry over to the varsity. I know Chancellor and KG lose a good deal of seniors but EV QB comes back as well as Raq Lawson. Spotsy I believe loses a good deal of OL/DL so I think next year it could be anyone's to take.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Yeah the JV is on a 17 game win streak right now, most teams were senior heavy this year which probably nulified some of the younger talent that moved up from JV Champion team. All those kids will be back minus the 4 starters we lose and the kids who sat out who will return for their fall junior and senior seasons. We also had 3-4 kids drop do to grades and the covid calamity of being home all the time who will be back. JV yeam this year was mostly freshman! So yes, just applying facts of who losing what and whats coming back. EV and CT seemed to be youngest. However, except for the QB and Rock L. as someone siad, no identity and if not for 4 fumbles and 2 int's we dont lose that game.

Yeah the JV is on a 17 game win streak right now, most teams were senior heavy this year which probably nulified some of the younger talent that moved up from JV Champion team. All those kids will be back minus the 4 starters we lose and the kids who sat out who will return for their fall junior and senior seasons. We also had 3-4 kids drop do to grades and the covid calamity of being home all the time who will be back. JV yeam this year was mostly freshman! So yes, just applying facts of who losing what and whats coming back. EV and CT seemed to be youngest. However, except for the QB and Rock L. as someone siad, no identity and if not for 4 fumbles and 2 int's we dont lose that game.
Sounds like I hear this every year. Courtland is in a stalemate and the JV hasn’t been taking that next step to varsity in recent years. Why hasn’t things carried over from JV?

What happened to all of the Massaponax transfers you said Courtland was supposed to be getting to make them contenders?

There were initially 3-4 transferes that came over from ponax but would be 2-3 year period before you really saw any significant upswing. Well we are now at that point and this fall we hopefully to put it bluntly should see positive movement. Courtands school boundaries are growing fast and you may see in 2-3 years a jump to class 5 because of the growing numbers. I can only go by what I see, knowing folks on the staff and parents! On paper the talent is always there, the cupard is full, why that at times/years does not translate into more W's ???? 64 million dollar question, most blame it on offensive identity and thats probably the best guess? JC will have ine of his better teams in the fall, just have to wait and see. On paper you are giant killers, but you still have to play tge game. Good luck to the playoff teams!

Reactions: OCBoy
I totally agree, but agianst JM they did throw for 100 yards, now thats surley nothing to wtite home about. However, at CT thats front page news and he did at least try to mix it up some in other games. Will see if a modest change of mindset continues?

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT