ADVERTISEMENT

Courtland (8-2) vs. King George (5-5)

Who wins

• Courtland

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • King George

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Lawson is a tough blow if he's oin only its 8th yeart and I hope the injury is not too bad. Not for the team but for the kid.

Bottom line here. Courtland owns EV. Always has. Never been beaten. Always a blow out. Of course, this is 2015. GL to both next week.
Ahh the "always" phrase used while referencing EV. I will add the details... EV only in its 8th year played courtland in its first 4 years and did lose to them each time. Only 1 score indicated a blow out.. im sure the wins were not difficult, but EV was in its infancy. Please add perspecyive to what you say. Im not sure what the blueprint looks like for most programs in thier first 10 years, but EV is not too far off.

Ahh the "always" phrase used while referencing EV. I will add the details... EV only in its 8th year played courtland in its first 4 years and did lose to them each time. Only 1 score indicated a blow out.. im sure the wins were not difficult, but EV was in its infancy. Please add perspecyive to what you say. Im not sure what the blueprint looks like for most programs in thier first 10 years, but EV is not too far off.
EV was just a split of Culpeper HS. A program was already in place. Hatfield has been at the helm since the start. I get to watch the videos of the cyclone weightlifting room every season when another over enthusiastic fan posts it on the board. Usually accompanied by the stats of EV's size and how much weight they're putting up. The Cyclone teams have all been good. Usually a pretty wide open spread offense. Some good players too like QB Pendleton, RB Kube, current QB Stallings, WR Lacy, etc. A plethora of good players, really. So I do not see this group as young or a building program at all, especially when they have a consistent winning record. Only in 2012 were they under .500 and they were 4 - 6 then. They've made the playoffs almost every year.

But, as I said, this is 2015. What's past is past. GL on Friday.

EV was just a split of Culpeper HS. A program was already in place. Hatfield has been at the helm since the start. I get to watch the videos of the cyclone weightlifting room every season when another over enthusiastic fan posts it on the board. Usually accompanied by the stats of EV's size and how much weight they're putting up. The Cyclone teams have all been good. Usually a pretty wide open spread offense. Some good players too like QB Pendleton, RB Kube, current QB Stallings, WR Lacy, etc. A plethora of good players, really. So I do not see this group as young or a building program at all, especially when they have a consistent winning record. Only in 2012 were they under .500 and they were 4 - 6 then. They've made the playoffs almost every year.

But, as I said, this is 2015. What's past is past. GL on Friday.
Yes they have certainly bought In to the weight lifting this past few years. These kids are not like the CC kids. Its sort of like when America broke away from England...they have adjusted the culture and it is like night and day between those schools. I have no prediction of the outcome for Friday except one.. This will be another step in the right direction for EVs program. My son, the present QB, has been apart of building this program for the past 4 years and when he leaves it will be better then it was when he got here. His younger brother is ready to come in and help build it for the next 4!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Yes they have certainly bought In to the weight lifting this past few years. These kids are not like the CC kids. Its sort of like when America broke away from England...they have adjusted the culture and it is like night and day between those schools. I have no prediction of the outcome for Friday except one.. This will be another step in the right direction for EVs program. My son, the present QB, has been apart of building this program for the past 4 years and when he leaves it will be better then it was when he got here. His younger brother is ready to come in and help build it for the next 4!
I seem to recall that Stallings name. Didn't he begin his career at EV as a wide receiver?

Lawson is a tough blow if he's out and I hope the injury is not too bad. Not for the team but for the kid.

Bottom line here. Courtland owns EV. Always has. Never been beaten. Always a blow out. Of course, this is 2015. GL to both next week.
Not always a blow out....but yes, EV has not beaten Courtland

Good game by Courtland. KG suffered a few injuries in the JM game and were without a few starters on both sides of the ball. This plagued KG all year losing starters to injuries and discipline reasons. Hat's off to Courtland and I will following them as they make their run into the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT