ADVERTISEMENT

Cville 59 LV 58 4th

Wow too bad Cville couldnt hang on. That would have been huge!

Man good season to your Knights. What did you think of LV? Think they're better than last year? Also what do you think of Handley?

Tough to say about Loudoun Valley. I would say they are better than last year, simply because Jordan Miller is better, and Nick Ball has really taken leadership as a senior. One reason Valley pulled away is because #10 Dominic Peterson started hitting his 3s. He was 0-4 in the first half, then hit three in the fourth quarter. I fell like George Washington would have a better time guarding Miller because of their height. Charlottesville simply did not have the height to stop him. He got half of his points on offensive put backs, so if someone like Amardius Jones can stop that, then I think they will struggle. Another thing about Valley that I would be concerned about is defense.

As for Handley, the will be an interesting matchup for y'all. They got two really good guards in Kobe Tingey and Keevon Martin. Their 6-6 forward Gus Wise can come out and shoot the three. However, I don't think they've played a team as physical as GW all year. When we played them, we outscored them 20-11 in the fourth, and a big reason that happened was because of missed free throws. Handley's gym is not going to be easy to play in though. It will be an interesting matchup indeed.

Tough to say about Loudoun Valley. I would say they are better than last year, simply because Jordan Miller is better, and Nick Ball has really taken leadership as a senior. One reason Valley pulled away is because #10 Dominic Peterson started hitting his 3s. He was 0-4 in the first half, then hit three in the fourth quarter. I fell like George Washington would have a better time guarding Miller because of their height. Charlottesville simply did not have the height to stop him. He got half of his points on offensive put backs, so if someone like Amardius Jones can stop that, then I think they will struggle. Another thing about Valley that I would be concerned about is defense.

As for Handley, the will be an interesting matchup for y'all. They got two really good guards in Kobe Tingey and Keevon Martin. Their 6-6 forward Gus Wise can come out and shoot the three. However, I don't think they've played a team as physical as GW all year. When we played them, we outscored them 20-11 in the fourth, and a big reason that happened was because of missed free throws. Handley's gym is not going to be easy to play in though. It will be an interesting matchup indeed.
Very good analysis Black Knight Pride. I was thinking the same thing about Handley. Thought I'd ride up there but I'm second guessing because of some of the same things you're saying. Don't get me wrong, Handley is probably the best coached team in the state, but besides EV, Charlottesville and Spotswood, I haven't seen any eye popping competition on that schedule. GW is definitely physical but I'm anxious about their play after that 5 hour bus drive. They also made some comments in the Danville Register and Bee that "GW will not lose anymore this season", that is d*mn right scary to me. You never want to do anything that's going to wake up a sleeping beast or put a target on your back. It's one game at a time, ALWAYS. Hopefully we will all get treated to a GW/LV championship on Friday!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT