ADVERTISEMENT

Dan River?

Thought there would have been more chatter about this opening. The same with Tunstall on the 3A board. These would have once been top jobs, is that not the case anymore?

I would think finding a qualified candidate will be difficult. Coach Edmonds was not in the building, so finding a coach that the school has an open position for is difficult. I hate seeing HC hired and not in the building. In my opinion it hurts the program.

Thought there would have been more chatter about this opening. The same with Tunstall on the 3A board. These would have once been top jobs, is that not the case anymore?

I would think finding a qualified candidate will be difficult. Coach Edmonds was not in the building, so finding a coach that the school has an open position for is difficult. I hate seeing HC hired and not in the building. In my opinion it hurts the program.

There is no discussion with either job. I assume there's not a lot of Dan River or Tunstall followers on preps.

Yes, Chris Thurman... the former Gretna coach. I think he is at Harrisonburg?

Yep, Thurman's still at HHS. Just wanted to make sure talking about the same one. Didnt know a Mark Thurman, but definitely know Chris. Hated to see him leave Gretna.

I don't think the county has a teaching position in his area. Not having open spots hurts schools from getting the best candidate. Not only do they not have a opening for the HC, but no jobs for potential assistants either. What HC wants to come in and not get to select staff, at least a few.

I heard his name as well. He would be a good hire for Dan River. I’m surprised he would leave Harrisonburg for Dan River.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to believe DR never won a state championship with the talent that they have had over the years. All in all, they have probably had more talent than any 2A school in state.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT