ADVERTISEMENT

Danville Holiday Shootout - Officially Cancelled!

As disappointing as it is to see this tradition go it needed to be burned to the ground to hopefully start a new. As stated before the competition has always been scarce. It's hard enough to get teams to come to Danville much less competitive teams that would make GW look bad. I've seen my Alma Mater Gretna come in and out of the tournament a couple times. This really hurts the kids though. They don't get the opportunity to play on a neutral court. I personally think GW, DR, & other local teams should travel to Lynchburg, Roanoke, or even Richmond or tidewater to play up a level of competition to prepar for tournament time. While I'm sad to see the shootout go, it was coming. We all knew that. I'd be shocked if we see it comeback without a major sponsor to back it

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
As disappointing as it is to see this tradition go it needed to be burned to the ground to hopefully start a new. As stated before the competition has always been scarce. It's hard enough to get teams to come to Danville much less competitive teams that would make GW look bad. I've seen my Alma Mater Gretna come in and out of the tournament a couple times. This really hurts the kids though. They don't get the opportunity to play on a neutral court. I personally think GW, DR, & other local teams should travel to Lynchburg, Roanoke, or even Richmond or tidewater to play up a level of competition to prepar for tournament time. While I'm sad to see the shootout go, it was coming. We all knew that. I'd be shocked if we see it comeback without a major sponsor to back it
I saw Gretna play in The Beacon Classic. They need a lot of work. Gretna basketball has been down for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT