ADVERTISEMENT

Dead? Region C

Region C favorites George Wythe followed by Galax, Giles, and Fort Chiswell competing for 2nd. 3 key things are Galax is still Galax, but they have to take a step back with the loss of those 2 superstars. Grayson takes a step back. Fort Chiswell is the team to watch. They could possibly win the district and region, but I'll go with GW with what they return. I don't know about PM. Narrows takes a step back and Giles will be better.

Region C favorites George Wythe followed by Galax, Giles, and Fort Chiswell competing for 2nd. 3 key things are Galax is still Galax, but they have to take a step back with the loss of those 2 superstars. Grayson takes a step back. Fort Chiswell is the team to watch. They could possibly win the district and region, but I'll go with GW with what they return. I don't know about PM. Narrows takes a step back and Giles will be better.
The Pioneer looks to be down this year. We will be okay, but I look for Bath to win the district. I’ve heard that Craig has had impressive weight room numbers but it’s way too early to tell. I still think they lose to everyone but East Mont. I do not know much about Giles, bur fort Chiswell did lose their two studs. I think the region may be closer than it’s been in a while.

GW probably the favorite but 1A appears to be wide open again. The power void left by Riverheads does not look to be filled by 1 team going forward

Reactions: croakerfishin
The Pioneer looks to be down this year. We will be okay, but I look for Bath to win the district. I’ve heard that Craig has had impressive weight room numbers but it’s way too early to tell. I still think they lose to everyone but East Mont. I do not know much about Giles, bur fort Chiswell did lose their two studs. I think the region may be closer than it’s been in a while.
FC has lots of numbers and good things going on over there and very deceptive talent, I didn't include Bath or PM or Craig in my assessment because I just don't know enough about them, I feel confident Narrows and Grayson take a step back. Galax should take a step back, but it's Galax. Picking against them or picking them to not win the Region usually spells danger.

Reactions: Army83
I never wrote how FC will "be so good" this year. I eluded to the fact that they have the potential to be good. The 9th and 10th graders wete solid and Head Coach is very good. Many of their 10th graders were on the varsity field starting. They now have buy in with their coaching staff and that's something kind of rare at FC the last 40 years.

10/4 ill take your word for it
From a talent perspective and numbers perspective, Fort Chiswell has literally as much in their pipeline as Galax, Grayson, GW, and Giles. Does that translate onto the field? No idea. We will have to wait and see. It might and it might not. I can personally say this though...talent isn't a problem there for the next 5 years. I will predict this. Between Galax, GW, Giles and Grayson, FC will win at least 2 of those 4. The poster asked about teams to watch in the starting post/thread. I simply gave mine.

I believe u man... Nobody ever mentions FC so I was just curious why u thought they were a team to watch

FC has a solid coach. He came from Pulaski and seems to give them a little consistency. Their backs were the reason they beat narrows, and they’re both gone. It’s fair to think despite some consistency that they take a step back. Giles is a head scratcher the last few years. The community support and the participation of their kids seem to be dissipating. They could win 6 games, or they could win 2. Starting to consider them in the same breath as FC of the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT