ADVERTISEMENT

Did Anyone expect that outcome for the Colonial Beach vs Surry game?

I did surry is more athletic and besides their pg whom is still as physical as the big man in the post everyone else matchs up or is a mismatch to the opposition

I thought Surry would win, just not by 28. CB had been battle tested this year and play good fundamentally sound basketball. Just seemed that Surry was on another stratosphere tonight

What type of team is Surry? Rapps defense is their calling card. How do they match up?

I thought Surry would win, but not by such a large margin. CB's point guard was injured and didn't play in the NND final, and not sure if he played Tuesday. Him not playing tonight might've been a factor, but certainly not a 28-point factor.

I thought Surry would win, but not by such a large margin. CB's point guard was injured and didn't play in the NND final, and not sure if he played Tuesday. Him not playing tonight might've been a factor, but certainly not a 28-point factor.
He played was wearing a knee brace but their interior defense was what killed them.. and panicking and throwing up 3s

While Surry was definitely hot last night, CB had five guys on the floor, but only a couple who actually came to play. They looked like they had given up once Surry got hot from the 3 point line early. If you don’t play interior defense as a team, and you give open 3s to hot shooters, that’s the score you should expect. So while Surry would prob have won even if CB was playing their best, that score doesn’t reflect what CB was actually capable of. It reflects that they didn’t play as a team.

For being the last game, other than one or two players, CB did not leave it all on the floor last night. Go look at any stat sheet or game tape and it’ll will speak for itself. One or two guys can’t play defense against five?!. And Some time outs to try and gather the guys also would have been nice. When you see morale drop instantly after 5, 6 or 7 3s made in a row, maybe it’s time to regroup and talk. Probably much sooner seeing they were hot early.

What I saw is that many decided their season was done in the first quarter. If you’re going to get beat, at least give it your all. Especially in your last game. From the bench to the floor, until the final buzzer sounds. You may not win, but at least you could claim you gave 100%. That would not be a true statement for several last night.

CB was definitely better than last nights game by a long shot. It’s an unfortunate way to finish up. Some guys gave their all. Some guys were spectating.

He played was wearing a knee brace but their interior defense was what killed them.. and panicking and throwing up 3s
Definitely agree. CB Panicked, had poor shot selection (many), and no intensity on defense. If they just passed the ball more, their center could have scored all night long. They got away from their strengths for sure.

The question is, how discipline will Rapp be on the offensive end against Surry?
So my question would be if Rapps defense couldn’t beat CB even on CBs worst night, what is their plan for Surry? Franklin doesn’t have the talent of Surry, so they’d be mistaken to use that win as any indicator of potential success.

Rapp was the lucky beneficiary of a seeding position they really didn’t deserve. It is what it is, but there’s no way CB beats the district they way they did this season and Rapp ends up a #2 seed and they are 4. Would be nice if the flawed system gets fixed sometime soon so the actual best teams are at the top seeds.

I will say that Surry plays aggressive (along with a couple kids who have a little dirty game play) and with the right strategy and playing smart, you could put some of their best players in foul trouble early. But for that to happen you have to attack the shot blocker. Surry got away with some banging and body fouls last night that some officials aren’t going to let fly. If those calls get made it could create some issues. But they also have a deep bench.

What type of team is Surry? Rapps defense is their calling card. How do they match up?
There’s a lot of game tape available on Surry. Unfortunately, given that Rapps defense couldn’t stop CB, I definitely don’t think they can stop Surry. Not unless they have completely changed what we saw all year. Maybe they’ll get lucky and Surry won’t be as hot from the 3 point line. I’ve heard that wasn’t typical for them but don’t know for sure.

Styles make fights, bc CB beat Rapp is no indicator on how Rapp will do vs Surry. Wnl girls beat Rapp girls 4 times and Rapp girls beat them when it counted. You speak as if Rapp is a bad team like they didnt beat everyone else besides CB.

The question was asked about “what type of team is Surry” wasn’t it? Then the answer applies. Surry plays good transition ball. And they shot the 3 well last night. Rapp couldn’t stop CB in transition, so my ‘opinion’ is they also won’t stop Surry in transition. No one said anything about Rapp not being a good team. And the girls teams is not even in the same context. I saw them both play also. Not even the same discussion.

If Rapp has a plan that works, good for them. All I did was provide an answer to the question that was asked. I don’t see where anything stated Rapp was a bad team.

Rapp was the lucky beneficiary of a seeding position they really didn’t deserve.
So what does this statement mean? How did they not deserve the seed? They won more games than CB and had less L's. So they were lucky and didn't deserve their seed? It's clear to see that you don't like Rapp or have some kind of anti-bias towards this (my) school. It's cool tho, maybe we can hash it out at the Regional Final tomorrow. You coming???

The comment has nothing to do with Rapp at all. I could care less who the team is. The comment has to do with the seeding system in general; it sucks. And I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the same sentiment from several others in these forums. It would be the same comment if it was any other team in the district that sat in a higher seed after they didn’t even win their district. Because if other formats of seeding were followed like the ones in other sports, the seeding would not have played out like that. So that’s not specific to the team, it’s towards the format itself. It’s a given that many ADs are building weaker schedules because they know how to play the points game. But some ADs don't, or choose not to. They try to build challenging matchups vs picking a potential win. And that team could suffer if they don’t play the points game the same way if others are following that strategy. Yeah CB might have a Win or two less, but that very easily could have been another couple wins had their schedule been stacked with teams other than Brunswick, HD Woodson, etc. The AD could have easily chosen weaker teams to play. So they had a pretty solid winning record despite that, then almost swept the district, then won the district championship, and then still end up lower seed...that definitely shouldn’t be happening. But it Happens in other sports on a regular basis. But that doesn’t mean it’s the best way.

So like many others have said, it’s a flawed system. The brackets should/could have been different, it just happens that it’s Rapp and CB who were competing for top spot. So as I said, it’s not about Rapp at all.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT