ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie 42-0 over Matoaca

Dinwiddie took care of business last night. In spite of the score, the defense is what carried the night. Numerous times, penalties kept the defense on the field when they should have been headed to the bench. The officials wore out their throwing arms last night. But they were equitable, they flagged the Warriors just as much as the Generals. One official in particular had a penchant for calling procedure penalties. Right or wrong, it sure slowed an otherwise rapid fire game. The General’s defense was challenged time and again when the Warriors were deep in Dinwiddie territory. Each and every time, they were up to the challenge.

It was good seeing Dinwiddie’s #1 fan, known here as “1Gensfan”. I’m sorry I had such little time to talk with you. I know you are working really long hours girl, but make time for yourself before you burn out. And what better place than at a football game.

We had two special guest in the press booth last night. Bleeding Navy was able to make the game. It was great having him around. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he continues to care for his aging parents that are suffering with serious health problems.

And Mr. Carl Craig joined us for the first time in several years. Mr. Craig is a retired Dinwiddie High School teacher, and also retired from a long, notable career as part of the press box staff.

It was great having the company of these two gentlemen last night.

Both Dinwiddie and Matoaca are away next week. Matoaca takes on Petersburg, which I assume will be played at Virginia State University?

And Dinwiddie travels over to Hopewell.

Let’s all hope that everyone can get their games played this weekend. Unless there are multiple unplayed games, the VHSL hopes to post the rankings based upon power points early next week. That is always fun. It’s neat to see who the top seeds are, but I like trying to see which teams should make the playoffs, and what the various scenarios are.

Wow gang, half the regular season is gone already. Weren't we just discussing scrimmages an hour ago?🙄

Thank you sir. It was quite enjoyable to see Dinwiddie play live for the first time since their playoff loss in 2019. I guess my new and improved laid back attitude shocked some people, but life's challenges can do that sometimes. I guess even a old man can learn and grow.

Yes, the Generals (officials too) were sloppy at times last night and surely cannot afford to turnover the ball over against the likes of Region B favorites Varina, Hanover, and King George; however, one must remember how young this team really is. The team speed is really something and the defense flies to the ball. Not a ton of overall size, but very well coached and disciplined.

Harry Dalton is the real deal. He throws off his back foot way too much and rushed things at times, but man he can tote the rock and is extremely strong. Reminds me a lot of 2010 qb Chris Hall who ran it with the power of a fullback and the finesse of a tailback.

I am not sure where this team will end up. One thing is very clear Coach Mills deserves all the credit he gets and more. Just when fans think the cupboard may be bare he just reloads and adjust.

Thanks again DP. May everyone stay safe through the hurricane. Until next time.

I've seen varina and King George play both big athletic talented if dinwiddie can beat one of them I think they have a good shot at winning the state. But hopewell and Thomas Dale will play tough have seen both of those teams also Hopewell alot talent good size speed but still mistakes kill them. Dale talented and big we will see.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Dinwiddie took care of business last night. In spite of the score, the defense is what carried the night. Numerous times, penalties kept the defense on the field when they should have been headed to the bench. The officials wore out their throwing arms last night. But they were equitable, they flagged the Warriors just as much as the Generals. One official in particular had a penchant for calling procedure penalties. Right or wrong, it sure slowed an otherwise rapid fire game. The General’s defense was challenged time and again when the Warriors were deep in Dinwiddie territory. Each and every time, they were up to the challenge.

It was good seeing Dinwiddie’s #1 fan, known here as “1Gensfan”. I’m sorry I had such little time to talk with you. I know you are working really long hours girl, but make time for yourself before you burn out. And what better place than at a football game.

We had two special guest in the press booth last night. Bleeding Navy was able to make the game. It was great having him around. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he continues to care for his aging parents that are suffering with serious health problems.

And Mr. Carl Craig joined us for the first time in several years. Mr. Craig is a retired Dinwiddie High School teacher, and also retired from a long, notable career as part of the press box staff.

It was great having the company of these two gentlemen last night.

Both Dinwiddie and Matoaca are away next week. Matoaca takes on Petersburg, which I assume will be played at Virginia State University?

And Dinwiddie travels over to Hopewell.

Let’s all hope that everyone can get their games played this weekend. Unless there are multiple unplayed games, the VHSL hopes to post the rankings based upon power points early next week. That is always fun. It’s neat to see who the top seeds are, but I like trying to see which teams should make the playoffs, and what the various scenarios are.

Wow gang, half the regular season is gone already. Weren't we just discussing scrimmages an hour ago?🙄
It was great to see you Dp and glad to hear that BleedingNavy was able to attend. Wish I would've said Hello! Yes, it was a flag fest last night. Lots to correct, but that defense played lights out! Stay safe in this nasty weather everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT