ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie - Class Act - Refreshing Change

redzone4us

VaPreps Rookie
Dec 3, 2012
Dinwiddie is for sure a class act. It can't be easy having a camera & microphone in your face after a tough loss and respond with class & dignity the way coach Mills did & congratulate your opponent. Some coaches (and they know who they are) take the opportunity to blame their loss on everything but their opponent. If the next 2 rounds Of Salem vs Dinwiddie are as exciting as round 1, fans will definitely get their money's worth.
PS (Fans may want to get their blood pressures check before the game to see if their hearts can take it) lol

We all know that Dinwiddie is a class act. I mean look at their posters. We all know who you're referring to and theres no need to throw LT under the bus like that. Some handle loss better than others. I have respect for Devils and the LT program. They've sent a lot of kids to college programs and have developed some darn good college football players. All positive vibes here.

Dinwiddie is for sure a class act. It can't be easy having a camera & microphone in your face after a tough loss and respond with class & dignity the way coach Mills did & congratulate your opponent. Some coaches (and they know who they are) take the opportunity to blame their loss on everything but their opponent. If the next 2 rounds Of Salem vs Dinwiddie are as exciting as round 1, fans will definitely get their money's worth.
PS (Fans may want to get their blood pressures check before the game to see if their hearts can take it) lol
oaZk0WNSO7fXi.gif

Give it a rest already!!! SMH still trying to take shots at us..Shows where your mind is currently. And I know for a fact there are some people in Dinwiddie that weren't happy with the officiating at all.

We all know that Dinwiddie is a class act. I mean look at their posters. We all know who you're referring to and theres no need to throw LT under the bus like that. Some handle loss better than others. I have respect for Devils and the LT program. They've sent a lot of kids to college programs and have developed some darn good college football players. All positive vibes here.
Nothing but respect for the Salem program and Coach Mags over here in Norfolk..As far as some of the fans they have goes..That's another story.

Like I stated before, Amherst has hosted the state games at LU since 2010 and have met many people from all schools that have played their games. Dinwiddie administrators and fans were the friendliest and most appreciative of any. Some very not nice at all.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Nothing but respect for the Salem program and Coach Mags over here in Norfolk..As far as some of the fans they have goes..That's another story.
In all fairness, Salem has 5x more posters (Or more) than any other school on here. The chances of running into fans you don't like on here from Salem are much higher than the schools that have one, two, or three posters, which is the vast majority.

In most cases (few exceptions) you shouldn't judge people until you meet them anyway. However, there are a huge number of Salem fans and we are quick to react to perceived criticism, accusations, and slights. Do we sometimes over react? Probably. But we love our team and our community and are quick to show it. We have been unfairly accused on this board of many things over the years: racism, recruiting, paying off officials, easy scheduling, playing in the weaker part of the State (west) and many more unfounded and scurrilous charges. We know these things are untrue and are mostly a product of sore losing than anything else, but some of us just can't let these slights and lies go. Some of you don't like us, that's fine but you might change your mind if you met us but that is neither here nor there. We know who we are and your hate or dislike means nothing.

Reactions: SalemPride
@southbottomU you had me until the last sentence. Why even go there? It obviously means something or you would not have said it.

I have only been posting since 2013, so I dont know the full history. I will be the first to admit a perception that some Salem fans love to play the victims role when you guys have one of the most successful football programs in VHSL history. Most would die to have such a consistent program and I dont get it. I have never seen anyone post that they "hate" Salem.

Just my ten cents, but there are posters who appear to be jealous or envious of Salems success. I don't agree with it, but I guess it goes with the territory. Salem fans are very proud and your following on this site is significant. The resentment of some could be a result of a few fans who seem to gloat or regularly dispose of another posters opinions. This type of behavior can cause disdain whether warranted or not.

Each poster can be thick headed, rude and homers at times (im guilty), but sometimes things go too far. Not just by Salem fans. All of us. I just wish we could talk football without bellittling one another.

Enjoy your championship it was well deserved. See you next season. Looking forward to the trip.

@southbottomU you had me until the last sentence. Why even go there? It obviously means something or you would not have said it.

I have only been posting since 2013, so I dont know the full history. I will be the first to admit a perception that some Salem fans love to play the victims role when you guys have one of the most successful football programs in VHSL history. Most would die to have such a consistent program and I dont get it. I have never seen anyone post that they "hate" Salem.

Just my ten cents, but there are posters who appear to be jealous or envious of Salems success. I don't agree with it, but I guess it goes with the territory. Salem fans are very proud and your following on this site is significant. The resentment of some could be a result of a few fans who seem to gloat or regularly dispose of another posters opinions. This type of behavior can cause disdain whether warranted or not.

Each poster can be thick headed, rude and homers at times (im guilty), but sometimes things go too far. Not just by Salem fans. All of us. I just wish we could talk football without bellittling one another.

Enjoy your championship it was well deserved. See you next season. Looking forward to the trip.
When we rush to correct inaccuracies, or out right lies we often come across on this message board as more aggressive than intended (that's why you should not judge most people until you meet them). But when we are disliked because of our aggressive defense of our team and community, that means nothing to us, that dislike or hate we wear as a badge of honor. The only time I see Salem fans coming on here gloating is when a poster has been critical of Salem and Salem has proven the critic wrong. None of that has happened between Dinwiddie and Salem, hope it never does. On another note I have to give myself a small Pat on the back for saying that the biggest factor in the game was going to be Salems third down conversions. Turns out I was right for once.

I read a lot, post little. I love my Spartans, but sometimes think a lot of our supportive posts are a bit over the top. I love meeting the fans from other schools. Have exchanged many positive messages with Byrd fans and felt quite welcomed at John Champe last year. Supporting our teams and talking smack is one thing, but trashing players by name shouldn't be tolerated at all. Don't see it a lot, but it definitely gets my blood boiling. Just my two cents. I look forward to the Dinwiddie game next year and meeting up with Navy wearing a Salem hat, thanks to Mike Salem.

I read a lot, post little. I love my Spartans, but sometimes think a lot of our supportive posts are a bit over the top. I love meeting the fans from other schools. Have exchanged many positive messages with Byrd fans and felt quite welcomed at John Champe last year. Supporting our teams and talking smack is one thing, but trashing players by name shouldn't be tolerated at all. Don't see it a lot, but it definitely gets my blood boiling. Just my two cents. I look forward to the Dinwiddie game next year and meeting up with Navy wearing a Salem hat, thanks to Mike Salem.
I forgot about the "hat" bet Navy made with Mike. Us Dinwiddie fans are going to enjoy that as much as you are.

Interesting on this board wit all the back and forth!
Not so much as a peep being said about HSHS or Stone Bridge on the 5A board. A hard fought, tenacious contest with a thrilling come from behind victory by HSHS.I feel for the SB players and fans! They were devastated! It was a clean game, well officiated and fantastic behavior on both sides. This game could have easily gone either way.... same as Dinwiddie/ Salem.

Southbottom, I was not trashing Salem in fact, I thought I was defending the Salem fans for the most part. Based on my short existence on this board, I was simply pointing out my perceptions based on others statements. I never once said I believed it. I will take credit for the "victim" statement, but again thats an appearance not a fact. I dont think you will hear anything negative said between Dinwiddie/Salem . No beef exhist that I know of or have heard of.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
That is the sad reality of high school football. After all is said and done, only six teams out of the hundreds across the state will end their season on a happy note.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Southbottom, I was not trashing Salem in fact, I thought I was defending the Salem fans for the most part. Based on my short existence on this board, I was simply pointing out my perceptions based on others statements. I never once said I believed it. I will take credit for the "victim" statement, but again thats an appearance not a fact. I dont think you will hear anything negative said between Dinwiddie/Salem . No beef exhist that I know of or have heard of.
Not until you have to wear that Salem hat for a week!:rolleyes:

After the 1st 5 minutes of the game of being forced to sit at the wall on the visitor's side not seeing anything of the 7-6 score, my brother saw a wheelchair going around to the Dinwiddie side and we asked a different official is there wheelchair access on the home side? He literally walked around with us till we were up the elevator and had a place to see from the Dinwiddie side. (Everyone on the staff should be trained to know where accessible seating is)

Anyway, from where I was sitting there was as much class from the Dinwiddie fans as was shown by their coaches and players. I know the end result was disappointing but I didn't hear griping, and I only remember booing on 2 occasions from close calls/no calls. It will be a pleasure to see game 3 at Salem Stadium if I'm fortunate enough to be there. Classy community if you ask me.

One point that I would like to make is I agree with everybody to a point . There has been Salem posters who are over the top at times . That being said , the sample size to form an opinion for Salem fans is probably not statistically very relevant. My guess is if you ask Mike Salem who has been around and loves fans from everywhere and high school football you will find that he feels part of the Salem community and understands , like I do if you live in Salem that sometimes people are human and do not communicate very well as they do in other places . That thought extends to Lake Taylor because when we played them the players were very disciplined and the fans were very nice . I am sure there is a few fans from any area that tend to be over the top. Sometimes as we get older we get frustrated with how we think other people should act but we do not have that control and I am sure each one of us on that path to where we have become who we are have committed sins of overaggressive behavior born of frustration . Except for me , of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT