ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie vs. King George

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • King George

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
That was quite a game! We had you on while the Springers took down LC Bird 35-0. The 1st half of our game had us scratching our heads!!! Defensive struggle. HS took control right before the half and carried it through the 2nd half..they had no passing game at all. Big as hell up front, but...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Gensfan
That was quite a game! We had you on while the Springers took down LC Bird 35-0. The 1st half of our game had us scratching our heads!!! Score was 0-0 with 2 minutes left before halftime. HS scored a td with about 12 seconds left, Bird fumbled the kickoff at the 2 yd line. HS scored with 6 seconds on the clock. 14-0 halftime... 2nd half, 21-0 with about a minute in. Bird tried 1 pass, it was intercepted! HS scored 1:30 into the 2nd half. Quickly a 27-0 lead. HS manhandled the Skyhawks the rest of the way. Running clock in the 4th qtr.
.... they had no passing game at all. Big as hell up front, but...
Congrats on the win Springer.

Unreal game. Back and forth action. I told everybody not to sleep on King George. Crazy thing is Dinwiddie for the most part covered very well. Those big receivers are just that good. I have a sneaky suspicion these two teams could hook up again next year. Remember what I said weeks ago. I thought Dinwiddie was still a year away. This team has grown up in a hurry and proved today they can play through adversity. Dalton is only 15 years old and has rushed for 1,644 yards and 28 tds. He has also passed for 1,727 and 25 tds. Great things to come.

Awesome game, congrats to the Dinwiddie faithful. King George is a whale of a team so well done! I was surprised to see Warrick handle Fork last night. Big game next week!
Yeah I watched several Warwick games last night/this morning and their defense is very good. Not sure their offense is on the same level as their defense. Going to be a good one.

That was quite a game! We had you on while the Springers took down LC Bird 35-0. The 1st half of our game had us scratching our heads!!! Score was 0-0 with 2 minutes left before halftime. HS scored a td with about 12 seconds left, Bird fumbled the kickoff at the 2 yd line. HS scored with 6 seconds on the clock. 14-0 halftime... 2nd half, 21-0 with about a minute in. Bird tried 1 pass, it was intercepted! HS scored 1:30 into the 2nd half. Quickly a 27-0 lead. HS manhandled the Skyhawks the rest of the way. Running clock in the 4th qtr.
.... they had no passing game at all. Big as hell up front, but...
Yes, they have some huge guys along the line. I agree, virtually zero threat to pass. That sure sets them up for failures against good run defenses.

Lol. That's actually funny, because I told my buddy that we were going to block the fg and when we did I jumped up in the air and when I landed I almost hit the ground. Intake Metaprolol and it causes me to get dizzy if I stand up too fast. If we had lost I would have been disappointed, but that was just two Titans going at each other. No shame either way.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Awesome game, congrats to the Dinwiddie faithful. King George is a whale of a team so well done! I was surprised to see Warrick handle Fork last night. Big game next week!
Warwick from Newport News will be a tough out.

Reactions: mbonape1
Should’ve been in RVA Network instead of HS/Bird. Dinwiddie always gets disrespected with the Richmond media.
Maybe because HSHS and LC Bird are both from richmond area, and KG is not, may be the reason Dinwiddie didn't get game of the week.

Great game by both teams !! KG hit Dinwiddie with a Mike Tyson knockout punch and went on a 27-0 run but the Generals showed amazing character and poise and executed the rest of the way. Dalton stood tall and made some big boy throws down the stretch !

Unreal game. Back and forth action. I told everybody not to sleep on King George. Crazy thing is Dinwiddie for the most part covered very well. Those big receivers are just that good. I have a sneaky suspicion these two teams could hook up again next year. Remember what I said weeks ago. I thought Dinwiddie was still a year away. This team has grown up in a hurry and proved today they can play through adversity. Dalton is only 15 years old and has rushed for 1,644 yards and 28 tds. He has also passed for 1,727 and 25 tds. Great things to come.
No disrespect intended to Dalton, he may prefer to just be known as himself, however, those numbers put him on course to draw comparisons to Ron Curry and Vic Hall. Congrats to the Generals and good luck moving forward!

I‘ve got to say, I was disappointed that KG didn’t join our players after the game for a brief prayer as virtually all teams have done over the years.
I guess the coach had his reasons.

I‘ve got to say, I was disappointed that KG didn’t join our players after the game for a brief prayer as virtually all teams have done over the years.
I guess the coach had his reasons.
That's a tough one. After a hard fought contest and loss in overtime I think the Foxes deserve a pass. Sure we would we like to see unity and God receiving the glory. The KG team was hurting and wanted to grieve and say goodbye to their seniors. Best wishes to King George.

That's a tough one. After a hard fought contest and loss in overtime I think the Foxes deserve a pass. Sure we would we like to see unity and God receiving the glory. The KG team was hurting and wanted to grieve and say goodbye to their seniors. Best wishes to King George.
I can not disagree with that.

It's possible Dinwiddie may have a better qb coming up and Dalton could go back to running back. Just something to mull over. I hope GW makes a comeback. The Eagles always have talent and a very knowledgeable fan base. I truly enjoy playing GW. Brings back a ton of memories or should I say nightmares.

It's possible Dinwiddie may have a better qb coming up and Dalton could go back to running back. Just something to mull over. I hope GW makes a comeback. The Eagles always have talent and a very knowledgeable fan base. I truly enjoy playing GW. Brings back a ton of memories or should I say nightmares.
GW will be very good these next two years. I don’t know if they’ll be Dinwiddie good but they started lots of freshman and sophomores this year on top of their JV going 9-0-1 with that tie coming against Salem. The best news is Mori Dixon will be back. Had heard he tore his ACL and then heard he didn’t and would be back last year. He’ll for sure be back this fall. Has 3-4 Power 5 offers and hopefully has more once he fully recovers.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
This dropped on you tube 3 days ago and I wanted to share it. I have been watching high school for 50 years and I can tell you with a doubt this was the hardest fought game I have ever witnessed. The Salem vs. Dinwiddie State Championship was a chess match, with great coaching, talent, and fun to watch; however, this game was on another level. You are always going to have winners and losers, but the Foxes came into our house and didn't bend. Hats off to the KG kids and coaching staff. Mad respect. We will butt heads again real soon.

State championship was decided that day
@FoxesPride you can say that, but as a Dinwiddie fan I will not sell Kettle Run short. On any given day a team can be beaten. I will say King George is the best team we have played to date and their offensive firepower was unreal. Our defensive backs are extremely talented and the Foxes two big boys gave us fits. Defensively, I think we did a good job of forcing Ferguson to beat us with his arm. We put good pressure on him without letting him run free. Dinwiddie also did a good job of pounding on your running back. He busted some runs and laid the wood a few times himself, but he had to be feeling it after the game.

The most surprising thing was the fitness level of both teams. The game was fast paced, long and required a ton of stamina. My hats are off to the young men on both teams. I know I was exhausted watching it. The King George crowd was great as well. Nice show of support. I did chuckle at one lady who stated "the best team did not win the game". One of our press box guys offered her some to go food, thanked her for coming and simply stated "you may be right, but unfortunately that happens sometimes". This may sound kind of cocky, but it is not meant to be disrespectful. The press box/game management staff prides itself on how we treat our media, other teams visitors, and coaches. Our motto is meet you, greet you, seat you and then beat you. We like to make people feel good and leave with a smile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT