ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie vs. King George

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • King George

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
I've been to 32 State Championships in a row D3 to D6 and there's only been 1 team I was 99% sure was going to win in the 1996 Hampton Crabbers. That being said, any team can win lining up on the field against another depending on what they have to offer. Having seen Dinwiddie play, I would have to go with them as they destroyed a D6 team in Thomas Dale and pretty much hammered Hanover today. Although he is a 10th grader, Harry Dalton is a special problem for defenses that line up across from him. He creates many problems on the ground and through the air. On top of that, Dinwiddie is probably the best Coached team within 300 miles of Lake Chesdin. Those 2 things will be troubling for other teams. I'm not even gonna mention their Defense at this point. Best of luck too both teams next Saturday

To be sure that anyone planning to attend this game has the facts, the game is scheduled for 1:30 on Saturday.

Also, if you are attending, I encourage you to arrive early. If this is your first trip to a football game at Dinwiddie, be aware that our stadium is behind our Middle School, which is directly across the road from Dinwiddie High School. There is plenty of parking at the stadium if you arrive early enough, but the overflow parking is across the road at the High School. And that’s a pretty good hike away.

Another reason to arrive early is because the entrance to the parking area begins to become a bottleneck as game time approaches. This has the domino affect of backing up traffic along the only road to the schools, (Courthouse Road).

This past Saturday, the ticket gates opened at 12:00. I would expect the same this week, so come early and avoid the hassle.

Cash tickets, as well as pre-purchased GoFan tickets, will be accepted.

The current weather forecast for next Saturday is Sunny and 57.

We look forward to the pleasure of your company.

FiCGpOpXEAMnFkv

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Gensfan and SFUWO
I am going to keep this as simple as I can. These two teams have never met, nor have the two coaches faced off. Coach Vern Lunsford (KG) has a 37-16 record as a head coach and is 5-3 in the playoffs. In the 2021 spring season King George advance to the state semi-final losing to Lake Taylor and in the fall of 2021 fell to Varina in the second round. Billy Mills has 194-81 record as a head coach and is 25-16 in the playoffs. Under Mills direction Dinwiddie has appeared in eight regional finals (2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022) and have won four of them. Both teams come in unbeaten.

The 12-0 Foxes come into the game averaging 45 points a game and give up 8.8 point per game (MOV +36.82). This team is loaded on both sides of the ball and last week KG proved they are capable of putting up points against a very good defense. The Foxes have a very balanced offense with Ayden Woolfolk (no stats available) toting the mail and Zach Ferguson throwing the ball. Woolfolk can be best described as a fire plug with legs. He rarely goes down on first contact and can be elusive. Ferguson has a very strong arm and good legs, You have to keep him in the pocket or he will hurt you with both. Their receiving corps is elite. This group is led by Chanz Wiggins and Mekhai White. Both are tall, fast and have good hands. The KG defense speaks for itself. They don't give up much through the air or on the ground. The Foxes special teams are above average as well.

Dinwiddie is 12-0 and are averaging 51.75 points a game and give up 7.66 points a game (MOV +44.09). The Generals defense have faced three very physical teams with stingy defenses in the past few weeks and have continued to score. DHS also has a balanced offense and Coach Mills proved last week he will take what you give him. The Generals rushed for 389 yards last week with 7 tds against Hanover. In the past three games Sophomore quarterback Harry Dalton has ran for 547 yards and 9 touchdowns. His running mate Rafael Tucker has been equally impressive with 332 yards and 5 touchdowns. As a passer Dalton can be erratic at times. He has completed 94-161 passes for 1,614 yards with 24 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. The Generals have a balanced receiving corps with Drumgoole, Wiggins and Smith. The defense is led by Trey McBride, Howard Spencer, and Adrian Parsons. These guys hit hard and have 24 takeaways on the season. Dinwiddie's special teams are above average with the kickoff return team being very explosive.

The Skinny:

These two teams are evenly matched. Both teams have playoff experience and good coaching staffs. I think both teams will attempt to establish the run game and force the other team to play 1v1 on the outside. The defenses must keep the opposing quarterback in the pocket or Ferguson (KG) and Dalton (DHS) will do major damage on the ground. King George has excellent size at the receivers position which could cause the very capable Dinwiddie defensive backs problems. Like wise Dinwiddie has the speed and diversity to create mismatches with the King George defensive backs. Whoever contains the other teams running game should win this game. To date no one has been able to slow down the Generals ground attack. It's going to be a nail biter, but I have Dinwiddie winning 21-17.

Last edited:
I am going to keep this as simple as I can. These two teams have never met, nor have the two coaches faced off. Coach Vern Lunsford (KG) has a 37-16 record as a head coach and is 5-3 in the playoffs. In the 2021 spring season King George advance to the state semi-final losing to Lake Taylor and in the fall of 2021 fell to Varina in the second round. Billy Mills has 194-81 record as a head coach and is 25-16 in the playoffs. Under Mills direction Dinwiddie has appeared in eight regional finals (2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022) and have won four of them. Both teams come in unbeaten.

The 12-0 Foxes come into the game averaging 45 points a game and give up 8.8 point per game (MOV +36.82). This team is loaded on both sides of the ball and last week KG proved they are capable of putting up points against a very good defense. The Foxes have a very balanced offense with Ayden Woolfolk (no stats available) toting the mail and Zach Ferguson throwing the ball. Woolfolk can be best described as a fire plug with legs. He rarely goes down on first contact and can be elusive. Ferguson has a very strong arm and good legs, You have to keep him in the pocket or he will hurt you with both. Their receiving corps is elite. This group is led by Chanz Wiggins and Mekhai White. Both are tall, fast and have good hands. The KG defense speaks for itself. They don't give up much through the air or on the ground. The Foxes special teams are above average as well.

Dinwiddie is 12-0 and are averaging 51.75 points a game and give up 7.66 points a game (MOV +44.09). The Generals defense have faced three very physical teams with stingy defenses in the past few weeks and have continued to score. DHS also has a balanced offense and Coach Mills proved last week he will take what you give him. The Generals rushed for 389 yards last week with 7 tds against Hanover. In the past three games Sophomore quarterback Harry Dalton has ran for 547 yards and 9 touchdowns. His running mate Rafael Tucker has been equally impressive with 332 yards and 5 touchdowns. As a passer Dalton can be erratic at times. He has completed 94-161 passes for 1,614 yards with 24 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. The Generals have a balanced receiving corps with Drumgoole, Wiggins and Smith. The defense is led by Trey McBride, Howard Spencer, and Adrian Parsons. These guys hit hard and have 24 takeaways on the season. Dinwiddie's special teams are above average with the kickoff return team being very explosive.

The Skinny:

These two teams are evenly matched. Both teams have playoff experience and god coaching staffs. I think both teams will attempt to establish the run game and force the other team to play 1v1 on the outside. The defenses must keep the opposing quarterback in the pocket or Ferguson (KG) and Dalton (DHS) will do major damage on the ground. King George has excellent size at the receivers position which could cause the very capable Dinwiddie defensive backs problems. Like wise Dinwiddie has the speed and diversity to create mismatches with the King George defensive backs. Whoever contains the other teams running game should win this game. To date no one has been able to slow down the Generals ground attack. It's going to be a nail biter, but I have Dinwiddie winning 21-17.
@BleedingNavy you do such a good job of the match ups and stats and you really bring so much to the boards! Glad to have you back, and thanks for keeping the good conversations going on here!

@BleedingNavy you do such a good job of the match ups and stats and you really bring so much to the boards! Glad to have you back, and thanks for keeping the good conversations going on here!
Thanks it's all about the kids for me. It's easy when I get the stats. I do a media guide which includes information on both teams. It's actually very informative for the media and promotes both teams players. Some teams will not help and refuse to even give us (pa announcer as well) accurate rosters. I don't understand the secrecy. My guide is not seen by anyone until game day and the Public Address Announcer needs names and numbers to do his job.

Last edited:
Thanks it's all about the kids for me. It's easy when I get the stats. I do a media guide which includes information on both teams. It's actually very informative for the media and promotes both teams players. Some teams will not help and refuse to even give us (pa announcer as well) accurate rosters. I don't understand the secrecy. My guide is not seen by anyone until game day and the Public Address Announcer needs names and numbers to do his job.
You do a heck of a job my friend. Keep up the great work.

Ditto @CRF4Dan You, Byron and Matt have become very respected media gurus for hs football. I truly appreciate the miles and effort you guys put forth. I know the kids appreciate it. One kids grandma had printed your gamers of the week article and was showing it to everybody at her work. I told her it was well deserved and could get it autographed by the author if she desired. Her smile makes what we do worth it all. Keep up the great work.

To be sure that anyone planning to attend this game has the facts, the game is scheduled for 1:30 on Saturday.

Also, if you are attending, I encourage you to arrive early. If this is your first trip to a football game at Dinwiddie, be aware that our stadium is behind our Middle School, which is directly across the road from Dinwiddie High School. There is plenty of parking at the stadium if you arrive early enough, but the overflow parking is across the road at the High School. And that’s a pretty good hike away.

Another reason to arrive early is because the entrance to the parking area begins to become a bottleneck as game time approaches. This has the domino affect of backing up traffic along the only road to the schools, (Courthouse Road).

This past Saturday, the ticket gates opened at 12:00. I would expect the same this week, so come early and avoid the hassle.

Cash tickets, as well as pre-purchased GoFan tickets, will be accepted.

The current weather forecast for next Saturday is Sunny and 57.

We look forward to the pleasure of your company.
Thanks for the heads up. This will be my first trip down to Dinwiddie for a game and I'm looking forward to it. Any local restaurants you recommend that are on the way to/from the school to/from the interstate?

I am just in awe of you two. It’s like you can see into the future. I believe the word is clairvoyant.

Alright, you want someone to go way out on a limb, I will step up.

Whoever wins this game will be playing at home next week.

And I can tell you exactly who will win this game... The team who scores the most points

Good luck to both teams, hopefully for DP and BN sake, Dinwiddie is the final answer on all of these far fetched, limb walking predictions

Thanks for the heads up. This will be my first trip down to Dinwiddie for a game and I'm looking forward to it. Any local restaurants you recommend that are on the way to/from the school to/from the interstate?
Two of my favorites are at the I85 exit for Rt 460. (Blackstone). Honestly, that is the more favored exit by us locals to go to the high school, but GPS is going to take you to the next exit which is for Dinwiddie.

Anyway, close to that exit are two places that are very good.

Giuseppes Pizza/Italian Restaurant, 7022 Boydton Plank Road, N Dinwiddie

Joes Steak and Seafood, 6324 Boydton Plank Road, N Dinwiddie

Both are about 12-15 minutes from the field.

Near the exit for Dinwiddie proper is one of the most popular places in Dinwiddie. It’s a little place run by the Mennonite’s called Rt 1 Country Store. It is located at 13723 Boydton Plank Road, Dinwiddie. They have a deli and make sandwiches to order. There are booths and tables inside and outside. Their baked goods are lethal. If you are watching your weight, don’t stop here, because you will be in big trouble with you wife and your doctor. (But, it will be worth it.)

I suggest that you google these three places and see if their offerings wet you appetite. There are numerous other places in the county that are along your travel route that may interest you. Hardee’s, McDonalds, and Burger King. Taco Bell. The Dinwiddie Diner. El Caporal. Little Italy. Subway. Pizza Hut. Brothers Pizza. Corner Market BBQ. And a smattering of other places. But the first three places that I mentioned are my recommendation.

BTW, our concessions at the field aren’t bad at all. The only real problem is the speed at which you get served. Bless their hearts, the band boosters run the concession stand, and there are just not enough of them for the crowds that these big games bring.

I hope this helps. Travel safe.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
It's game day and things are a little soggy after yesterday's rain. Not sure which team this favors if any. Should be a bright and sunny afternoon. Safe travels to the Foxes. Let's ride Generals fans!

Foxes get ball first. Looks like pass interference in the end zone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT