ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have any information on the report of a tragic loss of a player at LU?

I don't have any significant details, but it was reportedly a freshman from Oscar Smith. A reliable poster who I highly trust indicated the players name was Tajh Boyd. I hope I am mistaken and don't crush me if I am wrong, but it sounds like self harm. He was 19. Prayers go out the Oscar Smith community, Liberty team and his family.

Last edited:
I don't have any significant details, but it was reportedly a freshman from Oscar Smith. A reliable poster who I highly trust indicated the players name was Tajh Boyd. I hope I am mistaken and don't crush me if I am wrong, but it sounds like self harm. He was 19. Prayers go out the Liberty team and parents.
Very sad.

Oh no. I pray that this info is incorrect. Regardless, I pray for the family and all of those affected.

Oh no. I pray that this info is incorrect. Regardless, I pray for the family and all of those affected.
My post is based on speculation, my experience and the fact they did not talk about cardiac arrest or an on field incident. I hope I am wrong. I probably should not have said anything. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone.

Reactions: cutnjump
My post is based on speculation, my experience and the fact they did not talk about cardiac arrest or an on field incident. I hope I am wrong. I probably should not have said anything. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone.
Honestly, you likely did not say anything others were not wondering or thinking. The loss is sad, regardless of circumstances. Situations like you speculate are continuing to spiral and it is becoming more and more of a societal issue and not uncommon to draw conclusions from details provided or not provided. We all have to be attentive and compassionate to others because I can tell you from personal experience grief is tough and wondering whether there were signs you missed or things you could have done only adds to the pain. Prayers for family, friends and all those dealing with this loss.

Well said @cutnjump. The pressure put on athletes starts at an early age and too many the expectation of excellence presents destructive thoughts/actions.

I see it a lot from football players whose careers have ended. Especially, if its a result of an injury. You just cannot replace the most addictive drug on the planet (adrenaline). Many ex athletes tend to over indulge in drugs, sex, gambling, and crime. Anything to get the euphoria. Just a sad and often ignored dark side of sports. I did my master thesis on this exact topic and the findings bothered me greatly.

My heart genuinely goes out to all who knew and loved this young man. May God bless you all.

Is he related to the former Phoebus and Clemson player with the same name?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT