ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4C Championship: 11-0 Tuscarora Vs 10-1 John Champe

Phoebus Fan

VaPreps All Region
Jul 12, 2003
Does anyone have any insight on this game? Legit no talk about it.

Looking at their schedules I’m curious how they basically played an identical schedule but not each other? Played the same 6-7 teams in regular season. Are they not in the same district?

Does anyone have any insight on this game? Legit no talk about it.

Looking at their schedules I’m curious how they basically played an identical schedule but not each other? Played the same 6-7 teams in regular season. Are they not in the same district?

Loudon schools got split up. C4 is split into Catoctin and Dulles district, C5 Loudon schools play in Potomac. Freedom is the odd man out in C6 and play in Cedar Run. I would guess (key word) Catoctin and Dulles will maybe rotate as OOD foes here and there and this year Tuscy and JC simply didn't cross paths and they may down the road.

Reality is both schools have played terrible schedules outside of JC facing Briar Woods (and losing 27-13) but even Briar Woods isn't that amazing (they've got a 9-6 loss to a 4-7 Independence). 4C is down this year imo, nothing more to it.

Coin flip game. The game itself will probably be good but I think either team is fodder for Salem or Glass next week.

Reactions: SBOEDog
They actually are in 2 different districts. Tusky is in the Dulles District and Champe is in the Catoctin District.

As far as their play on the field, both teams are good and have good solid coaching staffs. Champe may be a bit more explosive offensively as they push a bit more tempo in their offense. Tusky’s QB, Tommy Peede, is a great athlete and a very under-rated runner. Tusky’s headlines often center around massive offensive tackle and Florida commit Fletcher Westphal. I believe the winner will get the Salem/Glass winner at home which could help in the semi. My gut gut feeling tells me the Salem/Glass winner would be a slight favorite even on the road. Champe dropped from Class 6 to 4 during this year’s realignment.

Reactions: SFUWO
Loudon schools got split up. C4 is split into Catoctin and Dulles district, C5 Loudon schools play in Potomac. Freedom is the odd man out in C6 and play in Cedar Run. I would guess (key word) Catoctin and Dulles will maybe rotate as OOD foes here and there and this year Tuscy and JC simply didn't cross paths and they may down the road.

Reality is both schools have played terrible schedules outside of JC facing Briar Woods (and losing 27-13) but even Briar Woods isn't that amazing (they've got a 9-6 loss to a 4-7 Independence). 4C is down this year imo, nothing more to it.

Coin flip game. The game itself will probably be good but I think either team is fodder for Salem or Glass next week.
I'd say lose to Salem but beat Glass.

Reactions: mike salem
John Champ had a lot of success throwing deep on Loudoun Valley. Went up 28-7 midway through 3rd. LV scored in a long pass play to make it 28-14. Champ answered with a nice drive to make it 35-14 early in the 4th. LV had another long pass down to about 15. They scored on a pass play 35-21. LV scored with under 1:35 left 35-28.
I think Tuscarora will have success running between the tackles. LV had several long runs by the QB. LV had success in the passing game too. Champ does a lot of substitutions for different defensive packages. I don't know if this was just for LV or something they always do. If Tuscarora goes uptempo on short yardage they may catch Champ running players in and out.

Tuscarora 35 -21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT