ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have the VHSL power points?

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Especially the what ifs concerning Jefferson Forest? We already know Salem is 9-1. How will they finish if JF loses to LCA?

Current rankings:

JF 30.000
SALEM 29.5555

Too many iffy games to even try and guess.

You would think if JF lost Salem would pass them, but the power points are a strange animal
I think it is way too close to call and it will be decided most likely on rider points coming from games remaining to be completed. Salem will get the Blacksburg forfeit and rider points for Bburg's two wins. The question is the other rider points they get from their other opponents with a game remaining to be played. If JF beats LCA its over but, if they lose everybody will be scoreboard watching and sharpening their pencils.

I think it will come down to 1 rider point.

Based on what will likely happen, JF will be the 1 seed with 29.9, Salem will be the 2 seed with 29.8, unless Franklin Co upsets Lord Botetourt. That would catapult Salem to the 1 with 30 and JF at 2 with 29.9

Of course, I'm not a mathematician and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so grain of salt.

JF will get 6 more rider points from Seminole Teams, , plus extra points from Halifax, should get points from Gretna, don't think SR beats Fleming. Not sure what it looks like from Salem's schedule.

Salem is getting 26 points from Blacksburg 9 likely rider points this week if JF loses they will get 17 from LCA and likely 10 rider points from opponents wins. @mike salem is spot on. FC needs to beat LB for the Spartans to have a chance. A Staunton River win over Fleming would doom Salem.

Reactions: DitkaXX
Salem should receive points from Pulaski, William Fleming Patrick Henry
Probably will come down to Botetourt/Franklin County game and the win over Blacksburg has not been factored in yet.

Salem should receive points from Pulaski, William Fleming Patrick Henry
Probably will come down to Botetourt/Franklin County game and the win over Blacksburg has not been factored in yet.
I just finished my math (Oh Boy)
JF High with loss to LCA
JF low with Gretna,SR and Halifax losing

Salem High
Salem low

So it looks like a coin flip for 1 seed unless JF beats LCA

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Does JF even have the team to be able to beat LCA? I think them, LCA, and Rustburg are really good, but the Seminole is way down compared to most years.

Reactions: SFUWO
Definitely a down year compared to last; Maybe I'm just being optimistic but (basing this off of what I saw from JF against Rustburg and LCA vs Glass, I think JF's line can keep them in it in limiting Davidson. That being said I don't know if they have enough in the passing game to beat them. Keep going back to Glass only being down one possession going into the half against LCA and I don't see a reason why JF can't be in a better spot.

Reactions: VolNation85
Does JF even have the team to be able to beat LCA? I think them, LCA, and Rustburg are really good, but the Seminole is way down compared to most years.
I agree the Seminole is down this year but JF and LCA are the clear cut top 2 teams in the district this year. I'm Not sure if JF can beat LCA but JF has something no other team LCA has faced this year...a great OL/DL. I think JF is better than Salem up front this year. JF can match LCA in the trenches so it might be closer than the experts think. LCA usually has the advantage coaching too but JF also has a great coaching staff equally as good as LCA. The deciding factor might be the X factor though, LCA's Gideon Davidson. He can take over a game in all phases. He's being recruited for RB but he's just as good on defense and special teams. I will be pulling for JF in this one but would like to see LCA win the state championship.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Especially the what ifs concerning Jefferson Forest? We already know Salem is 9-1. How will they finish if JF loses to LCA?
I agree the Seminole is down this year but JF and LCA are the clear cut top 2 teams in the district this year. I'm Not sure if JF can beat LCA but JF has something no other team LCA has faced this year...a great OL/DL. I think JF is better than Salem up front this year. JF can match LCA in the trenches so it might be closer than the experts think. LCA usually has the advantage coaching too but JF also has a great coaching staff equally as good as LCA. The deciding factor might be the X factor though, LCA's Gideon Davidson. He can take over a game in all phases. He's being recruited for RB but he's just as good on defense and special teams. I will be pulling for JF in this one but would like to see LCA win the state championship.
I’ve seen both play and LCA will win by a decent score. I would rather JF win though but don’t see it. I think Salem would beat JF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT