Chatham at Tunstall

Piedmont District
Bassett at Liberty Christian Academy
Central (Lunenburg) at Mecklenburg County
George Washington at Amherst County
Martinsville at Glenvar
Patrick County at Floyd County
BYE: Halifax County

Lots of interesting games to watch. Dan River put up points last week but Tunstall has been down recently and had some guys out. Magna Vista should give them a good game. Appo played well last week but Rustburg is improving. Altavista lost to a good Central last week and Prince Edward beat Chatham on a couple of fluke plays, plus Chatham was missing a couple of important pieces who are supposed to be back this week. Gretna is good but Glass has been really good recently. Tough schedule for Gretna. No comment on Cumberland. Chatham-Tunstall should be interesting. Might depend on who is healthy for both teams. I could see either team winning by 2 TDs.

In the Piedmont, Bassett is good but I think LCA is a level above them this year. Central is much smaller than Meck but might win it. GW is young but this game will show whether they've grown up since last week. Opening at Dinwiddie for a young group is a tough start to the season.

It's always tough this early in the season to know how good teams really are. Coaches don't even know how good their teams are but we'll know a lot more after this week.

Reactions: croakerfishin
The game that is most interesting to me is the Appo-Rustburg game. Sometimes you just get that gut feeling and that is what I am having in regards to Rustburg. They might not win, but I think it will be very close. I saw bits and pieces of them and they look to have a nice mix of some size and speed.

I’m going outside the box. Game that intrigues me the most is Mville-Glenvar. Can the Dawgs take that next step this year? Coach Martin has done a great job keeping that program alive considering them missing 2 years of ball. They have some athletes and a scrappy defense. Not Appo or Radford level but still good. Dan River’s passing game is a problem. They have 3 boys who can go get it. I got them beating MV. GW should roll over Amherst.

Reactions: BigDaddyFromThe434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT