ADVERTISEMENT

East Rock 21 vs Goochland 35.

Jan 27, 2017
Goochland didn't bring many fans? Not even 50 people( ok, maybe 60.). Kind of a shame for an undefeated team.

Last edited:
Jwan goes 50+ yds on 2nd play. Missed xp after penalty on ER.

Goochland fumbles on 2nd play.

Goochland stops ER. Punt.

Goochland drives methodically and punches it in.

ER throws interception in own end.

Goochland punches it in for 2nd TD.

ER 5 plays then punt.

Goochland 3 plays then punt.

ER scores on long flea flicker. Stopped on 2pt conv.

Halftime. Goochland winning the battle up front but it's close.

Goochland drives down and scores on 1st drive.

Interception by Goochland.

Goochland Rams it in for another TD.

ER scores long pass to Jwan. 2pt conv no good.

ER gets onsides kick.

ER punt... Very short punt.

Goochland throws interception.

ER kicks field goal.

Goochland goes 75 yds on short yardage run for TD

ER throws int. Game over.

Congrats Goochland, you were definitely better today!

Last edited:
Do you mind to make a new post on scoring plays so thread comes to top?.thanks!

Goochland won "over way too much offense for the Dogs" East Rock -

This is no surprise. Great season to both teams.

History wins again....:) Well done.

Stated it earlier in the week that I've seen to many times where Goochland comes into a game like this and they end up winning. Goochland did it last week against Poquoson. East Rock wasn't my favorite to win the state title.

Goochland was clearly the better team today. I will take my crow with a small side salad if that’s acceptable. I had tooted the ER horn for a while but they didn’t have enough for this Goochland team.

Congrats to ER on a great season, now its back to the drawing board with the graduation of so many of the playmakers.
Can you order that crow for two? I thought ER had too much firepower for the Bulldogs. Congrats Goochland!

This was ER;s first trip into the deep end of the pool. I think they will be back...maybe not next year (lose 21 seniors) but they have the foundation for a good program. Goochland already has that! Good luck to both "G" teams next week!

Can you order that crow for two? I thought ER had too much firepower for the Bulldogs. Congrats Goochland!

This was ER;s first trip into the deep end of the pool. I think they will be back...maybe not next year (lose 21 seniors) but they have the foundation for a good program. Goochland already has that! Good luck to both "G" teams next week!

Were you there or Eastern View? Sounds like that was a heck of a game.

I actually saw the game at home, it was on YouTube live. Only saw the 2nd half, but what I saw was Goochland making a play when they needed it, and ER having some strange execution. I thought by far Evans was the best player in district, and sounds like besides one play they shut him down in 1st half. In 2nd half, ER was a primarily passing team, yet only about 2 or 3 times was Evans actually used as a receiver, and 1 of those was a wheel route for a TD. He stayed in and chipped a rusher, then was just standing there. IMO, had he even chipped and then went out they could have done a lot more damage. You have to utilize your most skilled players.

ER actually received a big break. After scoring to make it 28-18 (went for 2 and tried running a play about like Philly Special and losing about 20 yards), the kickoff came off his foot funny and was a line drive right into a player on frontline. They were forced to punt, and had a 6 yard punt. But the biggest play of game was with about 5 minutes left, after ER had kicked a FG to cut it to 7, Goochland 1st play the had the young man wrapped up for a minimal gain, but didnt complete the tackle and 75 yards later its 35-21.

ER loses a lot of kids to graduation, but receiver McNair is poised to take over at QB. His older brother was the QB at ER before Williams, and he went on to Glenville State.

Good luck to ER going forward and to Goochland and Graham in the championship game

Goochland is the Riverheads of 2A.

Incredibly well coached and always a threat to be in Salem.

Reactions: G-DOG2
All the talk about east rock ! Was just talk! Good season gone !
East Rock is a very good team. Both Goochland and East Rock were pretty even today. Goochland won but East Rock was moving the ball well at the end. A touchdown and an extra point pulled off the board by penalties. This game could have gone either way. It was a great game to watch! I think Graham will win the State Championship though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT