ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View 63 Chancellor 7

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Not unexpected. The best thing the Chargers could hope for is getting out without any more injuries. Not sure that happened. The Cyclones kept their starters in for three quarters which baffled me. They had no need for them in the second half and toward the end of the third one of their starting running backs limped off the field. Just thought that was strange.

Positives ... the Chargers got out without any more big injuries (I think) and they played well when the EV twos were on the field. I believe EV put their starting QB back in the game when the Chancellor D stopped their twos. Not the first team to do that this year.

Negatives ... The Chargers are growing up but they had no where near enough speed to deal with EV. For EV I note one negative ... they have got to get personal foul penalties under control. 3 roughing the passer calls and two late hits. Those calls were very blatant. From a birds eye view ... it could have been more than that! Thats a great way to throw a playoff game away and those games are coming very soon!!!

So, I have seen Louisa and Eastern View both play. My thoughts are if they match up in the playoffs, it will be a very good game. I think EV has the speed advantage but they will have to deal with the Lions brute force to get that speed in open field. I get the chance and this game happens ... I'll be there!!!

Reactions: OCBoy
Not unexpected. The best thing the Chargers could hope for is getting out without any more injuries. Not sure that happened. The Cyclones kept their starters in for three quarters which baffled me. They had no need for them in the second half and toward the end of the third one of their starting running backs limped off the field. Just thought that was strange.

Positives ... the Chargers got out without any more big injuries (I think) and they played well when the EV twos were on the field. I believe EV put their starting QB back in the game when the Chancellor D stopped their twos. Not the first team to do that this year.

Negatives ... The Chargers are growing up but they had no where near enough speed to deal with EV. For EV I note one negative ... they have got to get personal foul penalties under control. 3 roughing the passer calls and two late hits. Those calls were very blatant. From a birds eye view ... it could have been more than that! Thats a great way to throw a playoff game away and those games are coming very soon!!!

So, I have seen Louisa and Eastern View both play. My thoughts are if they match up in the playoffs, it will be a very good game. I think EV has the speed advantage but they will have to deal with the Lions brute force to get that speed in open field. I get the chance and this game happens ... I'll be there!!!
I would think they kept them in to prepare them for the playoffs when they have to go 4full quarters. Every team they have played this year has been a running clock since halftime.

That's a good point. EV has got to get these kids ready for playoff time. and taking them out of the game at halftime doesn't do that. The only reason EV put there starting QB back in the game with the 2s and 3s because their JV QB who was in the game got hurt. And the varsity backup QB is still out with a collarbone. He was just in there to hand the ball off.

Would love to see that EV Louisa matchup!

Reactions: OCBoy
At some point, EV will have to play the whole game. This was the first time they went 3 full (well the 3rd was a running clock, so not a real 3rd).
Yes on the penalties last night. The odd thing was, I was just saying we have had very few penalties all year. Last night was a bit of an anomaly in that sense.

Louisa/EV match up probably won't happen, unless both teams upset their second rd opponents.

Qbscott12 and EVcyc, just keep winning and things will play out. Monacan has one really tough game left, Louisa has Carlottesville and Monticello, and Dinwiddie has a always tough Meadowbrook next week. If things go as planned EV and Louisa will go on the road in the second round.

Honestly, each one of these four teams could win the region. Each teams strengths vary, so anything could happen. Its going to be a brutal and fun playoff season. Good luck to all the teams in region b.

We are bad right now, my growing concern is outside of our freshman QB, we talk about being young but all the play makers are seniors. Bush Johnson Martinez and pates are all graduating. I haven't made any JV games this season how are we doing there?

That's what I was saying in the other thread. I don't consider Chancellor a young team. If they are inexperienced it is in the system the new coaches are running, and you hope that improves with experience. The frustrating thing for my Cougars this year is that we have veteran coaches and a scheme we know, and still have similar issues.

As stated by others....EV will need to start playing starters into the 4th regardless of score to condition for playoffs. Wouldn't be good for the starters first 4th qtr experience to be against Dinwiddie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT