ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 33 WF 14

1MoreHokie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2005
Costly Salem win. Starting QB broke his collarbone (non-throwing shoulder). Starting S/P Chris Martin will start and Salem going to shift to a very run-heavy offense. PH got much more difficult but Martin does present challenges. Offensive staff will have to step up their coaching for sure. Would think Eli will be back by end of season, maybe sit him until Blacksburg (week 10) and let him re-acclimate during that game before POs are upon them. Boys are going to have to come together and rally for now.

Feel awful for Eli, out all last season with injury now this. Can't ever get this time back either, terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedingNavy
Great points @1MoreHokie. I just told @mike salem that the 2017 Louisa team got to the finals pounding the rock with the muddle huddle/rugby scrum. Salem has similar offensive talent (maybe better) to do it.

Reactions: RKE Fan
Costly Salem win. Starting QB broke his collarbone (non-throwing shoulder). Starting S/P Chris Martin will start and Salem going to shift to a very run-heavy offense. PH got much more difficult for sure but Martin does present challenges. Offensive staff will have to step up their coaching for sure. Would think Eli will be back by end of season, maybe sit him until Blacksburg (week 10) and let him re-acclimate during that game before POs are upon them. Boys are going to have to come together and rally for now.

Feel awful for Eli, out all last season with injury now this. Can't ever get this time back either, terrible.
Agree. Huge loss for Salem. I can’t imagine how devastating this must be for Eli after how hard he’s worked to get to this point. I really wish him the best and hope he does get to return for the playoffs. In the meantime, this is an enormous chance for Martin to rise to the occasion as a leader of this team. I agree he has some things that he adds to the offense.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
He stayed in the game in severe pain for a few plays. Tough kid. Got tackled and fell on it when it broke.

Yep, kid picked up a big first down scrambling, stayed in bounds for extra yards, juked a Fleming defender but a DL (their heaviest, iirc) caught him and tackled him from behind (nothing dirty). Got up a bit weird, held it together for two more plays and had to come out. First down he got put Salem in position to finish the drive and put the game essentially out of reach.

Hey Spartan faithful. Any news on Eli's injury? I hope surgery was not required. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery to the young man.

Holy cow Salem fans. I’m sure sorry to hear that. I hope and pray that youth is served and he will heal amazingly fast and be able to get back on the field this year.

Holy cow Salem fans. I’m sure sorry to hear that. I hope and pray that youth is served and he will heal amazingly fast and be able to get back on the field this year.
Probably make it back for the last regular season game and playoffs. I defiantly would let him heal and get back into playing shape before playing.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Should be interesting to see what the offense will look like. Martin is certainly a big physical athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT