ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View (8-2) vs. Chancellor (7-3)

Who wins?

• Eastern View

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Chancellor

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
Eastern View were missing several players from the early season game. This time they should be fully healthy. If EV plays smart don't turn the ball over and get a couple passing attempts for big yardage they can win this at home.

Chancellor QB gone with an injury. Pressure his replacement and EV waltzes to victory.

Losing a top level QB at this stage usually spells the end of the line.

Reactions: gwb16
Chancellor QB gone with an injury. Pressure his replacement and EV waltzes to victory.
Yeah but they were much more than their QB. You have your RB wisdom who is a top notch rusher and you have your 6 5 receiver who had a great game against EV the first game. Home field for EV is and was critical here because EV at home is a real advantage to them.

The fact that Brown is out makes this a very interesting game. Probably the best one in the Fredericksburg area. Chancellor's defense has given up too many points this year to be a serious play off contender but I do think they are still a little bit better than EV. 35-34 Chancellor.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
The fact that Brown is out makes this a very interesting game. Probably the best one in the Fredericksburg area. Chancellor's defense has given up too many points this year to be a serious play off contender but I do think they are still a little bit better than EV. 35-34 Chancellor.
Is that based off the first game film or seeing them play? Interested to know how you came to that. But I do agree should be a good game I know chancellor is probably a little pissed they have to travel to a team they beat at home...

I think it worked in Chancellor favor after losing Qb Brown to actually face Eastern View. A Short distance to travel, fan base can make trip, been there before so atmosphere isnt nothing new, and the most important thing Oliver and Hatfield are pretty familiar with each other program. I would be happy with this draw if I was coach Oliver...
Pressure is on Eastern View it seems. EV has to come to play... Said it before but come this time of year its not all about your offense, you have to make stops on defense. Ev plays sound defense.... they advance...simple as that

I do like Chancellor a lot. They really are feeling something. Right with JM. Beating KG despite losing a QB. Improving every game. Impressing in some tough ones. But........

Despite last week's victory, they lost QB Brown and he will not be back. It's playoff time. Backup QB's rarely get it done in such situations, especially when the starter is responsible for so much offense both in the air and with his legs. I will be rooting for the Chargers but in handicapping mode, the pick has to go EV.

Is that based off the first game film or seeing them play? Interested to know how you came to that. But I do agree should be a good game I know chancellor is probably a little pissed they have to travel to a team they beat at home...
Chancellor putting up 55 points the first time they played (I attended the game) is how I came to that conclusion.

I really don't think this team cares if they have to travel or not. Nor do I believe they care who they have to play. They made it to game 11 and it's time to play football! Missing Brown means they will (already have) taken on a slightly new dimension. Honestly, I am not concerned about having Kozlow under center. He can manage the offense just fine. Both the D and the O are improving every week and doing just fine. If there are any concerns for me they are: 1) The game is at EV and sometimes, home field matters and 2) Sometimes it proves hard for a team to beat another team twice in one season. And yes, you already know I believe the Chargers will overcome any adversities and get the W.

I think it worked in Chancellor favor after losing Qb Brown to actually face Eastern View. A Short distance to travel, fan base can make trip, been there before so atmosphere isnt nothing new, and the most important thing Oliver and Hatfield are pretty familiar with each other program. I would be happy with this draw if I was coach Oliver...
Pressure is on Eastern View it seems. EV has to come to play... Said it before but come this time of year its not all about your offense, you have to make stops on defense. Ev plays sound defense.... they advance...simple as that
Sound defense? The evergreen doesn't count that's as weak of a district as it gets.

I'll take Chancellor. Wisdom is going to have to have a big game and the Chancellor "D" is going to have to step up.

Looks like fan base missed the memo...kind of empty on that side of the field.

Chanvellor fans were at a minimum and no chancellor band m.
Did not expect the Band. In the Battlefield, the Band never travels with the team.

I did expect a better Charger turn out. CFan will give me a better perspective later. Well done by your boys tonight. They got it done.

Oliver said it best... "This is a completely different team when healthy".

Chan got an onside kick to open the game....had a decent 2nd drive and that was it ...EV defense smacked them in the mouth all night after that...very physical

Chan got an onside kick to open the game....had a decent 2nd drive and that was it ...EV defense smacked them in the mouth all night after that...very physical
No excuses. EV won. Well done and I chose them to win. With Brown at QB for the Chargers, I would have chosen Chancellor. One or two players do make a major difference. You saw this yourself with EV this year. But this is what it is. Well done EV. You took care of business. GL next Friday.

Was real classy to see Jason Brown messing around with Coach Hatfield during warm ups. Hatfield is a great coach and him making sure Brown was greeted and best wishes were given was a classy move.

Was real classy to see Jason Brown messing around with Coach Hatfield during warm ups. Hatfield is a great coach and him making sure Brown was greeted and best wishes were given was a classy move.
Saw that myself. Hatfield walked over and extended his hand. Great to see!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT